Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think 7 or 8 which includes 3 or 4 starters. Why do you ask?

He’s picked up seven or eight from the transfer portal since season’s end?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Learn to read, he already did, and he’s already fired him, along with his wide receivers coach. And he may be losing his defensive coordinator. All that “he hired”

These from the same sources that said Harsin was going to Washington and Oregon?

Just now, AU-24 said:

He’s picked up seven or eight from the transfer portal since season’s end?

You asked how many this year.

Just now, bigbird said:

You asked how many this year.

Good one. Truth hurts doesn’t it?

I’ll answer for you, zero!

The other question, how many years do you give him?

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

If they aren't wholeheartedly behind the staff, yes. 

He asks this about our staff changes while ignoring that the WRs got better after the coaching change.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

He asks this about our staff changes while ignoring that the WRs got better after the coaching change.

Yes, they were super down that 0-4 stretch. Especially in the second half of most games.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Like I say silly; just answer the question.

How about clearly spelling out the question.

How many years for what?  What are the parameters of this question?

Just now, AU-24 said:

Yes, they were super down that 0-4 stretch. Especially in the second half of most games.

Got news for you.  The WRs didn't lose those games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Like I say silly; just answer the question.

You asked how long do I give him?

My response to your ambiguous request was "for what".

You respond with, "answer the question" 

So let me try it again. What are you asking me for? How long until he has a winning record? How long until he's on the hot seat? How long until he wins a conference title? How long until he wins a championship? How long until he has a Heisman winner?

HOW LONG doesn't make a response silly, but refusing to clarify one's question, is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Good one. Truth hurts doesn’t it?

I’ll answer for you, zero!

The other question, how many years do you give him?

At this time last year, how many transfers did we have? How many signed under Harsin? How many of those that signed started or played meaningful snaps this season?

Truth is, not having transfer players right now is in no way an accurate measurement of one's abilities.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I thought I was talking to someone else. Please accept my apologies. 

all good

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

At this time last year, how many transfers did we have? How many signed under Harsin? How many of those that signed started or played meaningful snaps this season?

Truth is, not having transfer players right now is in no way an accurate measurement of one's abilities.

I can see why you’re so upset. If I was hating Gus and backing a guy like Harsin as much as you, I’d be pretty upset as well.

Good night and War Eagle! 🦅 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I can see why you’re so upset. If I was hating Gus and backing a guy like Harsin as much as you, I’d be pretty upset as well.

Good night and War Eagle! 🦅 

Refusal and retreat noted.

• Facepalm 1

I hate to lose talent especially the caliber of Tank or Nix but if any player doesn’t want to be here it’s probably better if they go.  Bad attitudes can spread like wildfire if that person is supposed to be a leader on the team.  One thing is for sure Harsin needs to get a firm grip on this team and get to signing some talent or he and this program are going to be in one huge mess.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

Tank and Bo leaving sucks. Nothing sucks as bad as this fanbase for the last year, though. Embarrassing as hell.

Yep, just sit back and watch them expose themselves in these threads for who they really are.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

One thing is for sure Harsin needs to get a firm grip on this team and get to signing some talent or he and this program are going to be in one huge mess.

It already is. 

Harsin had better up his recruiting very quickly. Some Auburn fans think they'll tolerate another 5-6 win season now, but the reality will have Harsin's seat blazing hot with a quickness. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

It was quite obvious in multiple games this year Tank didn’t want to be there. It was obvious also when he ran the ball sometimes. Never seen a guy go down so easily as he did this year for several games. Then he’d get mad suddenly and play like old Tank. I can’t speak to what he is really thinking, but you can usually tell a lot by how people are acting and he acted disinterested and disconnected.  Whenever he was shown on the sideline he was usually sitting off by himself looking miserable. If was half as miserable as he looked then him being on the team is very bad for the rest of the team. Again, I can’t speak to what he was actually thinking and/or feeling, but if a picture paints a thousand words… he was painting novels of discontent. Wholly expected he would leave, and I hate to lose a guy that talented, but if he’s leaving it’s probably for the betterment of the overall team’s attitude.  JMO

Wish him all the best in the world and hope he finds happiness somewhere 

Edited by MustardSeed

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

He’s great, but if you don’t want to be at Auburn… someone else will. 

Right?

His signing with, and giving his all for Auburn for that many games means he clearly wanted to be at Auburn then changed his mind. There's constructive team restructuring and then there's not retaining clear assets. Tank's the best SEC running back and fine person, part of creating a championship team is retaining your strengths. If that means "convincing" key players to stay and ride out bumps in the road, that's what should be done. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It was quite obvious in multiple games this year Tank didn’t want to be there. It was obvious also when he ran the ball sometimes. Never seen a guy go down so easily as he did this year for several games. Then he’d get mad suddenly and play like old Tank. I can’t speak to what he is really thinking, but you can usually tell a lot by how people are acting and he acted disinterested and disconnected.  Whenever he was shown on the sideline he was usually sitting off by himself looking miserable. If was half as miserable as he looked then him being on the team is very bad for the rest of the team. Again, I can’t speak to what he was actually thinking and/or feeling, but if a picture paints a thousand words… he was painting novels of discontent. Wholly expected he would leave, and I hate to lose a guy that talented, but if he’s leaving it’s probably for the betterment of the overall team’s attitude.  JMO

Wish him all the best in the world and hope he finds happiness somewhere 

He had every right to be upset during the USC game but the more the camera showed him the more it looked like pouting. Good luck to him but could be a blessing. Harsin obviously wants a certain type of attitude on the roster. I’m getting worried though. 2 weeks without an OC. People will downplay it but it shouldn’t be. 

Why are you all letting what some "insider" says get you all worked up? Did we not learn from the coaching search exactly 1 year ago that nobody is an insider anymore? And there dang sure isn't any insiders to our new coaching staff. Nearly every single thing has been wrong that come from these insiders and their podcasts. These same "insiders" all had Tank leaving at this time last year too. Now they have Mason leaving for the DC role at Tx A&M, Austin Davis about to be named OC, Allan Greene supposedly looking to take any AD job he can find, etc. If I've learned ANYTHING, it's not to listen to a word that our "insiders" say. I only listen to what Harsin, Greene, assistant coaches and our players say. I refuse to get worked up and lose sleep or argue with fellow AU fans over pure rumors at this time. WDE

• Like 1