Mason rumored as a top candidate for A&M DC job

japantiger

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

The amount of talent Jimbo has amassed at TaMu the past couple seasons is starting to reach Bama UGA levels.  I wonder how last season would have panned out if Haynes doesn't get hurt against Colorado?  They've dominated Auburn in the trenches the past three years and probably won't get much better this year.  TaMu is going to be that next team in the West every year until Harsin gets the lines where they need to be.  

Sorry to interrupt with you but Prime flipped the #1 recruit in the nation to an HBCU. AN HBCU

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xlwiktrj8o5ph3m4y2

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sorry to interrupt with you but Prime flipped the #1 recruit in the nation to an HBCU. AN HBCU

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xlwiktrj8o5ph3m4y2

Have you had time to research the NIL deal he's being offered with/thru Barstool?  I have not..just that it is big $

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Have you had time to research the NIL deal he's being offered with/thru Barstool?  I have not..just that it is big $

I haven’t but thanks for the plug . I need to check it out 

Like I said that deal and stuff was big but he knew he was going to get deals wherever he went. The biggest variable that Deion went at and was relentless with was Hunter's mother. 

You see the media outlets and stuff has worked against the NCAA as well. There's no problem getting exposure anymore. You see the advantages that a power 5 school has over hbcu's are closing. And with Sanders in particular he has legit former NFL coaches and players with him. You're going to get seen. The only thing bigger schools have now is the facilities and certain school's academics. What those school's need to be happy about is he's not at Howard because he'd be even stronger if he was. 

I keep trying to explain all recruiting is show me you can teach me to be successful in getting to the NFL and show me you care about me as a person.......That's all it takes.

You put Sanders somewhere like Auburn. He would OWN recruiting in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. It's literally the only move that would legit scare saban. But I already know our leadership and fan base would be too silly to see it. We would legitimately turn into the place to be. We'd be the most talented team 90% of the time we stepped on the field. We'd be winners and socially influential as well. We would be alpha and top dog in the SEC. And we wouldn't have to worry about boosters sponsoring us. Everybody would be beating on our door wanting to endorse us. Our value would sky rocket. And our retiring would jump up in other sports as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's been pretty clear since they joined the SEC that TAMU would be one of the big boys at some point. They were already at the very top in terms of resources and facilities. They'd already shown they could recruit at an elite level. They're basically Michigan without the academic or geographic constraints. How anyone didn't take it seriously when they hired a guy who won a national title just 4 years prior and who learned 'crootin from Bobby Bowden is kinda wild. 

🤣😂crootin❤❤

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Like I said that deal and stuff was big but he knew he was going to get deals wherever he went. The biggest variable that Deion went at and was relentless with was Hunter's mother. 

You see the media outlets and stuff has worked against the NCAA as well. There's no problem getting exposure anymore. You see the advantages that a power 5 school has over hbcu's are closing. And with Sanders in particular he has legit former NFL coaches and players with him. You're going to get seen. The only thing bigger schools have now is the facilities and certain school's academics. What those school's need to be happy about is he's not at Howard because he'd be even stronger if he was. 

I keep trying to explain all recruiting is show me you can teach me to be successful in getting to the NFL and show me you care about me as a person.......That's all it takes.

You put Sanders somewhere like Auburn. He would OWN recruiting in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. It's literally the only move that would legit scare saban. But I already know our leadership and fan base would be too silly to see it. We would legitimately turn into the place to be. We'd be the most talented team 90% of the time we stepped on the field. We'd be winners and socially influential as well. We would be alpha and top dog in the SEC. And we wouldn't have to worry about boosters sponsoring us. Everybody would be beating on our door wanting to endorse us. Our value would sky rocket. And our retiring would jump up in other sports as well. 

If Harsin doesnt work out, I say we hire Deion if he's available. I still like Harsin but that was a missed opportunity for sure.

• Facepalm 1

Thinking Deion Sanders is the next Nick Saban 😂😂

Gold, Jerry! Gold!

Dude is a hype man and salesman. That’s it. Winning the HBCU title when you bring in FBS level guys is not impressive. He’s not some Sean McVay or Eric Bieniemy offensive genius. 

Dude is social media CFB coach. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

Dude is a hype man and salesman. That’s it.

I'm not sure that's all he is. But, either way, it's a huge part of the job. He just brought the nation's #1 recruit to JSU and you are laughing at him. 

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

With all the high profile P5 jobs available this year not one of them courted Deion.  Bluebloods Notre Dame, USCw, Miami, Oklahoma then SEC powers >> LSU & Florida & P5's Oregon, VaTech, Washington?  

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I'm not sure that's all he is. But, either way, it's a huge part of the job. He just brought the nation's #1 recruit to JSU and you are laughing at him. 

Say this out loud “Travis Hunter will stay all 3-4 years at Jackson State.”

Now, do you still believe that or does it sound silly when you say it out loud? Lol the salesman aspect is a big part of the job but that doesn’t actually get kids to the NFL. You have to develop them as well. 

I could be wrong and if I am I don’t really care. I don’t care about HBCU football. I just think he is more hype than anything. If he developed this ground breaking offensive scheme then yeah I’d probably be a little more on board. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Say this out loud “Travis Hunter will stay all 3-4 years at Jackson State.”

Now, do you still believe that or does it sound silly when you say it out loud? Lol the salesman aspect is a big part of the job but that doesn’t actually get kids to the NFL. You have to develop them as well. 

I could be wrong and if I am I don’t really care. I don’t care about HBCU football. I just think he is more hype than anything. If he developed this ground breaking offensive scheme then yeah I’d probably be a little more on board. 

You missed the point. Deion would bring talent to a place like Auburn in droves. He may need a little more experience. But if he hired the right coordinators at an SEC school, it could get very interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

You missed the point. Deion would bring talent to a place like Auburn in droves. He may need a little more experience. But if he hired the right coordinators at an SEC school, it could get very interesting. 

The talent is half the battle. It would be wonderful to bring in top 3 classes but without a proper system, coordinators, and instinct you have the Georgia Bulldogs. The permanent bridesmaid. Loaded with talent  just got pants’d by a team Auburn almost beat lol

You could be right. Maybe we’ll find out one day. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

The talent is half the battle. It would be wonderful to bring in top 3 classes but without a proper system, coordinators, and instinct you have the Georgia Bulldogs. The permanent bridesmaid. Loaded with talent  just got pants’d by a team Auburn almost beat lol

You could be right. Maybe we’ll find out one day. 

We know that. Nobody is arguing otherwise . Just giving props where they are due. You are pretty much arguing with yourself. I am pretty sure Deion understands that he has to develop players too. Our old coach had a good portion on power 5 transfers too and it didn’t  look so

• Like 2

Lol, talent is way more than half the battle.

As for development, where the hell is this assumption that kids at Jackson State won't get developed coming from? Deion is the Eddie Robinson coach of the year. They went 11-1 last year. I encourage anyone who is ignorant on the matter to visit JSU's staff page and read their bios. They've probably got more combined years of coaching than we do. A couple of those guys, in addition to Deion, have NFL experience.  

I swear, the worst thing some guys can do is have a personality. All kinds of things will be assumed about them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yall act like PrimeTime did something. He literally paid 1.5 million to get 1 player there. 1 freakin player. You gonna give all 85 on scholly 1.5M?? Doesn't take any kind of genius recruiter to do that. I'm sure all of the JSU teammates gonna love the guy who's getting bank to play there while they get nothing.

Edited by boisnumber1

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I'm sure all of the JSU teammates gonna love the guy who's getting bank to play there while they get nothing.

Does everyone make the same amount of money where you work?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Does everyone make the same amount of money where you work?

I love how the celebrated free market economy always becomes a big problem as soon as the conversation turns to college sports. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yall act like PrimeTime did something. He literally paid 1.5 million to get 1 player there. 1 freakin player. You gonna give all 85 on scholly 1.5M?? Doesn't take any kind of genius recruiter to do that. I'm sure all of the JSU teammates gonna love the guy who's getting bank to play there while they get nothing.

I don’t know if 1.5 is the actual number or anything. 

But that money came in because Deion is there. The publicity Jackson State has gotten since Deion was hired is worth his salary and then more. 

I don’t really understand the hate Deion is getting? He’s playing the game that’s in front of him. He’s proving that he can win at a place where people said he couldn’t. His team has had one hell of a turnaround in a year. He’s gotten experienced coaches to come coach with him at Jackson State. 

If I was the new AD at Florida State I’ll have a lot of things to thinks about with regards to the football program. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Miami 247 mentioned Mason as a name to watch for their DC.  

Just like that we go from hoping that we lose coaches to being scared that we might lose coaches. Weeeeeeeeee