Florida losing players

LPTiger

Portal phenomenon is still new and its use will change. Players (and their parents/"handlers") will start to see the difference between smart and bogus transferring circumstances. There's also a very odd disconnect right now between due diligence in picking an initial college and knee jerk transfer location choices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

he was only there for 3 and a half years w the first two years going 11-2 and then 10-3.. won both bowl games.. did they keep him in there to long? obviously recruiting fell off this year and the writing was on the wall but it wasnt to long imo.

I think it was perfect timing on their part. Some might even argue it was too soon, but I think the timing was just right.

4 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

he was only there for 3 and a half years w the first two years going 11-2 and then 10-3.. won both bowl games.. did they keep him in there to long? obviously recruiting fell off this year and the writing was on the wall but it wasnt to long imo.

I think they kept him too long this season. 

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Are you hearing about UF?   Multiple decommits.  WR1 transferring.  Napier saying he would not be surprised if they did not sign anyone next week.   LSU loses their top recruiter to UF and then do not retain their legendary RB coach.  They have 1 scholarship QB on the roster, and if he plays in their bowl game he loses his redshirt year.   Crazy.  

I don't give a rats fat ass what kind of predicament those two schools are in. I only care about Auburn's situation.

Stop holding back MHF.   Tell us how you really feel about where UF and LSU find themselves.   Maybe use a scale of 1 (I really could not give a rat's fat ass) to 10 (man I am on by 18th PBR I'm so sad for them) to be clear.  We are all grownups here (well for the most part) and can take it.

I love when other schools have to deal with coaching search BS. 

It’s so much fun watching from the outside

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

aTm DC - gone, UGA DC - gone, LSU new coach, UF new coach, Clemson OC & DC gone, Oregon new coach, seems like we should be capitalizing.

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

so far pretty much every program appears to have nailed the coaching search with solid hires as it stands. subjective I know but I cant really think of a program that has whiffed on a coach thus far.

Me personally don't think Kelly is a good hire for LSU but we shall see. 🤷 I also don't think LR will be good at USC but I might be the only one who thinks this so....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

aTm DC - gone, UGA DC - gone, LSU new coach, UF new coach, Clemson OC & DC gone, Oregon new coach, seems like we should be capitalizing.

Your post makes way too much common sense.  You will be told ur not supporting Harsin etc… 😂 Just have to give him time, be patient. LOL

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

so far pretty much every program appears to have nailed the coaching search with solid hires as it stands. subjective I know but I cant really think of a program that has whiffed on a coach thus far.

Yes, I tend to agree. I didn’t catch everyone, how many of their coaches are from the mountain west?

Kidding, kidding, kidding 

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, I tend to agree. I didn’t catch everyone, how many of their coaches are from the mountain west?

Kidding, kidding, kidding 

haha hell if he could just pull like one transfer portal guy like ive seen heupel and pittman pulling this week it would be a huge relief.. like.. just one. please God, someone anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

haha hell if he could just pull like one transfer portal guy like ive seen heupel and pittman pulling this week it would be a huge relief.. like.. just one. please God, someone anyone.

I agree, just one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Really weird that Bama has not lost a coach so far. They are usually ones that get plucked. 

Edited by Hank2020
Spelling

• WarTiger changed the title to Florida losing players
On 12/10/2021 at 7:53 PM, autiger88 said:

Me personally don't think Kelly is a good hire for LSU but we shall see. 🤷 I also don't think LR will be good at USC but I might be the only one who thinks this so....

I just don’t think Kelly fits LSU at all.  Not the kind of guy to be embraced by the corn dog crowd.  He’s not going to understand them and they are not going to understand him.  I bet he is still trying to figure out what Geaux Tigas means.  

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:18 AM, kevon67 said:

Soooo if Harsin goes to Oregon will we end up with Mullen?

Thank you for getting it😂

On 12/10/2021 at 6:51 AM, augolf1716 said:

Guys its pretty easy to see what the appeal been to G'ville. 

Golf I seem to remember a topless restaurant in Gainsville on main drag to Tampa.........This was in 2003.......I ordered a Boobin err Reuben sandwich and fries......Think the whole wait staff was topless........Thought of you as I remember several golfers having lunch and being pretty close to your neck of the woods😂

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 6:51 AM, augolf1716 said:

Guys its pretty easy to see what the appeal been to G'ville. 

Yessir.  Been there and done that.  It was almost two decades after both of us left our respective campuses, but yeah.  UF produces some well educated and fun people. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:51 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

My thoughts exactly! We should be playing transfer portal pacman right now and gobbling up those players. I see so many amazing players we could use to fill in the holes we need on this team and turn it around. If you don't think it can happen check out Michigan St.  On the other hand, and this is just how I see things, Harsin plays things very close to the vest and only leaks info when needed . It's almost methodical in a way. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, weagl1 said:

I just don’t think Kelly fits LSU at all.  Not the kind of guy to be embraced by the corn dog crowd.  He’s not going to understand them and they are not going to understand him.  I bet he is still trying to figure out what Geaux Tigas means.  

Reminds me of the Morehead hire at State. Yes, Kelly is a better coach, but just as bad of a fit.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, bootskii said:

My thoughts exactly! We should be playing transfer portal pacman right now and gobbling up those players. I see so many amazing players we could use to fill in the holes we need on this team and turn it around. If you don't think it can happen check out Michigan St.  On the other hand, and this is just how I see things, Harsin plays things very close to the vest and only leaks info when needed . It's almost methodical in a way. 

I actually like this bc it’s so much more exciting when something happens that no one had a clue about…..that rush you get if they call your raffle number! Only had it happen once for something really small and stupid…still a rush😎

• Like 1