What exactly was everyone expecting in Harsin's first season?

FormerlySec38Row34

What were your expectations for the season  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Record expectations?

9 minutes ago, japantiger said:
My prediction from back in May is below...got LSU and MS State backwards...overall on track.  I do see great effort and at least from some players that tenacity I was looking for.  I also see more inconsistency than I expected....greatness in some situations followed by absolute mediocrity from the same folks.  Offense as expected with the QB and WR talent we have.  

I expected 6-6 regular season

Edited by Proud Tiger

I would have hoped he did better than the guy he replaced. (In actuality I predicted 5 to 6 wins). I strongly believe Gus gets us to the SEC championship. I think we would have kept some key players like Seth Williams or that track star. I don’t think our DTs would have left for Florida and we would have had better depth on the inside. I do think next season will have been equally disastrous no matter the coach which is why he is gone… lack of quality recruiting in the trenches. Although it doesn’t look like we are fairing much better now, still early though.

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 1

I didn’t know what to expect….but I will tell you I did not expect an epic collapse at home against State and getting our a$$e$ handed to us a second year in a row by one of the worst teams in the SEC. 

48 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I didn’t know what to expect….but I will tell you I did not expect an epic collapse at home against State and getting our a$$e$ handed to us a second year in a row by one of the worst teams in the SEC. 

In fair balance, did you expect to beat a top 10 team, break the 20 year losing streak in Baton Rouge, and take Bama to 4 OTs?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

In fair balance, did you expect to beat a top 10 team, break the 20 year losing streak in Baton Rouge, and take Bama to 4 OTs?

I did expect to beat Ole' Miss and LSU. We beat both last year. If they improved, we should have improved as well. While nobody expects an overtime game, I thought we'd be able to give bammer a tussle, if not win outright.

• Like 2

Before the season, I expected 6-6 with maybe a bowl win.  However, we had a real shot at 9-10 wins with the talent on hand. It's a shame.

We actually could have been 4-8 if not for those close calls with Ga. State and LSU.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Pretty easy to add qualifiers for each of those games, particularly LSU. 

The qualifiers for the losses- and the GSU game, which is the yin to the Iron Bowl yang- are a little harder for me to come by. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty easy to add qualifiers for each of those games, particularly LSU. 

The qualifiers for the losses- and the GSU game, which is the yin to the Iron Bowl yang- are a little harder for me to come by. 

That’s fair. And reflects the purpose of my post. Unexpectedly bad things happened this season. But so did unexpectedly good things. A large number of posters only find time to belabor the former, and fail to acknowledge the latter. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

That’s fair. And reflects the purpose of my post. Unexpectedly bad things happened this season. But so did unexpectedly good things. A large number of posters only find time to belabor the former, and fail to acknowledge the latter. 

I feel attacked.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I feel attacked.

Not my intent at all. You are one of my favorite posters on here. You have some great takes and are very balanced in them. ✌️

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not my intent at all. You are one of my favorite posters on here. You have some great takes and are very balanced in them. ✌️

You're far too kind. I was just being a dork. But let me take the opportunity to return a compliment. Thanks for always staying chill and unemotional while staying engaged in these conversations. I envy and respect that. 

• Like 1

I forget what record I said, I do remember saying there are a bunch of expectations that imo are unreal. I then said it depends on how well our unknown and unproven d line plays. 

58 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

OMG get a room already...............

• Haha 9

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Literally almost posted "At the risk of Golf coming in here and telling us to get a room..."

As for my great takes, they're real and they're spectacular. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah why don’t I ever get this compliment ?!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah why don’t I ever get this compliment ?!

Because words are insufficient to describe the excellence of your takes!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

You running for office?

My wife had me watching Hallmark movies over Thanksgiving and now I cant snap out of niceness. 😅

• Haha 2

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

My wife had me watching Hallmark movies over Thanksgiving and now I cant snap out of niceness. 😅

Good time for niceness. Elf (not Golf) is probably watching.

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Good time for niceness. Elf (not Golf) is probably watching.

Great gotahmighty I hate that elf. Told my wife it was a terrible idea and that the inlaws were dummies for doing it but she wouldn't listen. Now she hates it, too.

OK ... ... the season is over and so is this autopsy of your predictions.  Time to move on.  Let's get an early start on what expectations for next season do you have -- before the new OC is announced, QB1 solidifed & early recruiting occurs.   

See the source image