Pac-12 Championship

Randman5000

Herbstreit ripping Oregon. Embarrassing loss, and a setback for their program. He's being straight up brutal. Oregon didn't show up and Utah did.

Are there some here that are still weeping and moaning because Auburn didn't empty the bank, kiss the ground or do whatever else was necessary to hire Cristobal? Cristobal's all-time coaching record is now 62-60. That's more like what some school like Vandy would have to settle for.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Wonder if Oregon rethinking that extension. Still time 😆

They are actually trying to extend him some more. No lie. He is making banking off of the perception that others will want him. If it were up to some we would be added to that now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Cristobal's all-time coaching record is now 62-60. 

Disingenuous much?

Screenshot_20211204-050004.png

He took a non-existent program to a 8 win season in 5 years and has won 75% of his games while in Oregon. 

Also., His recruiting is better than anyone we've ever had.

2017: 19

2018: 13

2019: 7

2020: 11 

2021: 6 

2022 as of now: 9 

You throwing shade at MC is too funny

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Herbstreit ripping Oregon. Embarrassing loss, and a setback for their program. He's being straight up brutal. Oregon didn't show up and Utah did.

There were a lot of Auburn folks really high on Crystalball and still are.  Grass is always going to be greener in college football I suppose.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

He's headed to Miami. His team has looked flat for several weeks now

He pretty much is already setting it up in my eyes . Even referenced his wife’s health. I know if I was Oregon I wouldn’t want to go through this flirting season with him every year .

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Disingenuous much?

Make excuses much? His overall record is 62-60. We've fired coaches who did better than that.

As has been pointed out in various locales, Oregon's ability to go into California and take who they want is bound to get much harder now that USC has a legitimate ability to recruit at a high level.  Seems to be a forgone conclusion that Miami is going hard after him...Manny Diaz has to be pissed right now.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Make excuses much? His overall record is 62-60. We've fired coaches who did better than that.

What do you consider an excuse? 

More like revealed the actual context of his record. It's obvious what you did and are trying to do. 

The book on Cristobal definitely seems to be writing itself. He's a hell of a recruiter, but this level of game-day inability wouldn't work in this conference. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

They are actually trying to extend him some more. No lie. He is making banking off of the perception that others will want him. If it were up to some we would be added to that now. 

I saw that. Oregon really messed the bed last night. Had a chance to be back to back Pac12 champs and revenge their loss to Utah. Lots of mistakes. They're better than that and didn't even compete. Don't think it was just a bad matchup either. He'll have to prove it in the bowl and next season. Reminds me of Gus 2017. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

I guess I didn't realize that Manny Diaz wasn't fired yet. Sounds messed up

He's just twisting in the wind.  AD was fired two weeks ago and his OC took off for SMU this past week.

One source described the Hurricanes search for an athletic director as a "complete s---show", 

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

What do you consider an excuse? 

More like revealed the actual context of his record. It's obvious what you did and are trying to do. 

Actual content of his record? It took Cristobal five years to get the eight wins you are so proud of. Then the following year he was back to three wins and was fired. What I am proving is  that Harsin was the  better choice.

Edited by Mikey

On 12/4/2021 at 5:01 AM, bigbird said:

Disingenuous much?

Also., His recruiting is better than anyone we've ever had.

2017: 19

2018: 13

2019: 7

2020: 11 

2021: 6 

2022 as of now: 9 

You throwing shade at MC is too funny

Disenginous much?

Better recruiting than anyone we have had? You can throw shade at coach Malzahn all you want but please stay in line w reality.

Recruiting for auburn

2013 10th

14   6th

15  8th

16  9th

17  9th

18  12th Oregon(13th)

5 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Disenginous much?

Better recruiting than anyone we have had? You can throw shade at coach Malzahn all you want but please stay in line w reality.

Recruiting for auburn

2013 10th

14   6th

15  8th

16  9th

17  9th

18  12th Oregon(13th)

You think Gus is a better recruiter than Mario?

https://247sports.com/Coach/Gus-Malzahn-17/AllTimeRecruits/ 

https://247sports.com/Coach/Mario-Cristobal-1032/AllTimeRecruits/ 

Hilarious.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You think Gus is a better recruiter than Mario? Hilarious

They bested auburn by four rankings ahead of us in 2019 we bested then by four rankings ahead of them in 2020 fortunately we also beat them in a head to head match up.  I do think statically it's essentially a wash and coaching wise I think we were better. Oh well, whatever.

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

They bested auburn by four rankings ahead of us in 2019 we bested then by four rankings ahead of them in 2020 fortunately we also beat them in a head to head match up.  I do think statically it's essentially a wash and coaching wise I think we were better. Oh well, whatever.

cajun-food-cajun-crayfish.gif