Daren Bates on Tank running out of bounds

Tiger

On 12/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, TexasTiger said:

I’d argue with Danielson if I didn’t think he’s often an idiot who loves the sound of his voice. 

I blame Danielson for freaking harping on Tank's play way too much in the broadcast & then he ragged on Mason's defensive play calling when uat drove the field 97 yds and scored their TD.  I can't stand GD!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, cole256 said:

Absolutely not. The wr play got better as the qb became more comfortable and the wr themselves got actual game experience. There wasn't any drastic efficiency increase. No different rotation (even though there needed to be) .

It will be the same next year for our linebackers. They will learn, make mistakes, be up and down, by the end of the season they will look back at the beginning and say wow we came a long way

Not sure why he wasn’t on the field earlier in the year, but I was calling for more of #6 all year.   I thought that the receiver play increased a lot from the 1st quarter of the year until the end.   #11’s play got better.   I was little confused on the rotation as I’m sure a lot of people were.    Didn’t think that #0 should have been on the field as much as he was and thought he was at best the 4th receiver on the team.    The improvement can mostly be contributed to just getting reps and I don’t know why the other coach was let go, but I did see the unit get better.   During the beginning portion of the year, I had my doubts if a pass was thrown if it would actually be caught, but at the back half of the year I didn’t feel that way.  

So, back to Daren Bates' YouTube channel. I see they've posted more Iron Bowl clips, including one where he talks about avoiding "Eugene". He said something like "ya'll *** know how I feel about Eugene", and talked about Eugene standing in the middle with his hands on his hips, and other players over by Daren that didn't want to be near Eugene. I didn't realize the players really disliked Chizik so much. Can anybody give insight on what they really feel about him? That he was an idiot? That he took all the credit? That he was phony? I really don't know the scoop.

I've kinda gotten to like him okay in half-time shows, but probably because I don't know the dirt.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, Zinzan said:

So, back to Daren Bates' YouTube channel. I see they've posted more Iron Bowl clips, including one where he talks about avoiding "Eugene". He said something like "ya'll *** know how I feel about Eugene", and talked about Eugene standing in the middle with his hands on his hips, and other players over by Daren that didn't want to be near Eugene. I didn't realize the players really disliked Chizik so much. Can anybody give insight on what they really feel about him? That he was an idiot? That he took all the credit? That he was phony? I really don't know the scoop.

I've kinda gotten to like him okay in half-time shows, but probably because I don't know the dirt.

I love getting these behind the scenes stories and his show is always peppered with random AU nuggets:

• Like 2