Tank Bigsby Hit 1k Rushing

Zeek

44 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Congrats to Tank on a stellar season despite an offense that was running on fumes at times and not opening many holes.

207 carries 1,003 yards 10 TDs is nothing to sneeze at with the schedule we played.

Add to that 16 receptions for a solid 116 yards.

While is average yards per carry dipped from last year (makes sense when the number of carries increases) he doubled his touchdown production.

War Damn Eagle Tank!

According to Sagarin AU had the 2nd most difficult strength of schedule in 2021.  (Indiana was number 1.)  

• Like 3

Just now, fredst said:

Behind the OL he had to run behind this is quite the accomplishment. Man, the run blocking was not good at all this year….

Reminds me of when Tre Mason squeaked out 1k his sophomore year. Hopefully he has a similar junior campaign.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Reminds me of when Tre Mason squeaked out 1k his sophomore year. Hopefully he has a similar junior campaign.

Tre greatly benefited from a running QB.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes, but having two guys in an option that could burn you… scary

The only person not blocked was the DE. Everyone else was pretty consistently blocked. If you can't block the other guys, it doesn't matter how well your QB and RB run...

That OL consistently blocked their men.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

The only person not blocked was the DE. Everyone else was pretty consistently blocked. If you can't block the other guys, it doesn't matter how well your QB and RB run...

Those guys just needed a crease.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Congrats to Tank on a stellar season despite an offense that was running on fumes at times and not opening many holes.

207 carries 1,003 yards 10 TDs is nothing to sneeze at with the schedule we played.

Add to that 16 receptions for a solid 116 yards.

While is average yards per carry dipped from last year (makes sense when the number of carries increases) he doubled his touchdown production.

War Damn Eagle Tank!

So happy. I brought this up around mid season and ran some numbers to how he and Hunter could possibly get there. Hunters production dropped, but Tank came through. Feels good to have a 1K yarder again. I am with whoever said that they wish it was 1005. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

First time in 4 or 5 years?

It's been a while and it's one of my favorite things to accomplish. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 2:18 PM, CCTAU said:

Where did they grade out for the year?

On 12/1/2021 at 5:00 PM, Tntigers said:

Where did they grade out for the year?

National  championship game…

On 11/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, AUGoo said:

First time in 4 or 5 years?

It’s been entirely too long considering AU was known as RBU yrs ago.