If you still don’t see it was an attempted coup

TexasTiger

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well the rest of us dont care if there is a 3600 page PPT showing us how trump COULDA/KINDA/MAYBE SORTA/IF ONLY HAD TRIED TO DO IT trample the Constitution, 500K Military Personnel, Congress, the American People, etc. Truth is he didnt do one page of the PPT and we know this because this s*** never happened. 

Now, can some of yall just stfu about trump? As of now, he is not running, and all this conjecture is just a waste of time. Screaming trump!!!!! is not going to win one election, not one primary, not one house. You win elections by invoking policy that helps people. Screaming trump helps no one but the privileged classes.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 3
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

As of now, he is not running, and all this conjecture is just a waste of time. Screaming trump!!!!! is not going to win one election, not one primary, not one house. You win elections by invoking policy that helps people. Screaming trump helps no one but the privileged classes.

It's the simple question...are you better off now?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's the simple question...are you better off now?

As much as I disliked Trump, I was better off at the end of his term than at the beginning. 

That’s all practically completely reversed already with the way Biden has handled things. I held out some hope with him, but he’s performed much worse. But as long as he’s not Trump we are supposed to ignore the massive failure he’s been right? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

When you weed out all the politically contrived BS, Trump wasn't that bad... ill give that he was your Rodney Dangerfield in the Democrats golf club lol....maybe not the best for the country, but if anything, it was fun watching/ reading/ hearing some  of the over the top reactions and viewpoints from the left lol....definitely exposed the diehard dems!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Well the rest of us dont care if there is a 3600 page PPT showing us how trump COULDA/KINDA/MAYBE SORTA/IF ONLY HAD TRIED TO DO IT trample the Constitution, 500K Military Personnel, Congress, the American People, etc. Truth is he didnt do one page of the PPT and we know this because this s*** never happened. 

Now, can some of yall just stfu about trump? As of now, he is not running, and all this conjecture is just a waste of time. Screaming trump!!!!! is not going to win one election, not one primary, not one house. You win elections by invoking policy that helps people. Screaming trump helps no one but the privileged classes.

These two things aren’t connected. Trump’s attempts to subvert the transition of power were egregious and unprecedented. One needs to be a fool not to see it or an authoritarian not to care. That said, you’re right on the second point.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 8:55 PM, SaturdayGT said:

When you weed out all the politically contrived BS, Trump wasn't that bad... ill give that he was your Rodney Dangerfield in the Democrats golf club lol....maybe not the best for the country, but if anything, it was fun watching/ reading/ hearing some  of the over the top reactions and viewpoints from the left lol....definitely exposed the diehard dems!

Exactly what you'd expect from a POTUS whose only qualification was experience as a game show host.   :)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, wdefromtx said:

As much as I disliked Trump, I was better off at the end of his term than at the beginning. 

That’s all practically completely reversed already with the way Biden has handled things. I held out some hope with him, but he’s performed much worse. But as long as he’s not Trump we are supposed to ignore the massive failure he’s been right? 

Not that I doubt you, but care to provide us some specifics?

On 12/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, homersapien said:

Not that I doubt you, but care to provide us some specifics?

He's just mad that since gas prices are starting to go down he's going to have to remember on which gas pumps he put all those "I did this" Biden  stickers 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, homersapien said:

So, just to clarify, you believe that Trump intended  wanted to have himself named as the winner in 2020, thus successfully pulling off a coup to retain the office?

I think that Trump wanted Pence and whoever else to do whatever it took to keep him from losing the presidency. If he did anything illegal to try to make it happen then put him in jail. I still think Trump was just a sad, pathetic loser who was trying anything he could to "win". But I have not seen where he had any backing or assistance in doing anything illegal. I admit to being somewhat ignorant on this matter since I don't give a crap what Trump does now that he is out of office.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 6:46 PM, Grumps said:

I think that Trump wanted Pence and whoever else to do whatever it took to keep him from losing the presidency. If he did anything illegal to try to make it happen then put him in jail. I still think Trump was just a sad, pathetic loser who was trying anything he could to "win". But I have not seen where he had any backing or assistance in doing anything illegal. I admit to being somewhat ignorant on this matter since I don't give a crap what Trump does now that he is out of office.

About two thirds of "Republicans" still believe Trump when he said the election was stolen from him.  And the rest aren't willing to admit he lost.

As for trying to parse any meaningful difference between "intended" and "wanted", good grief.  :no:  Yeah he "wanted" to steal the election, he just didn't intend to do it? :rolleyes:

You folks are apparently willing to excuse clearly seditious behavior because it failed (this time).

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

About two thirds of "Republicans" still believe Trump when he said the election was stolen from him.  And the rest aren't willing to admit he lost.

As for trying to parse any meaningful difference between "intended" and "wanted", good grief.  :no:  Yeah he "wanted" to still the election, he just didn't intend to do it? :rolleyes:

You folks are apparently willing to excuse clearly seditious behavior because it failed (this time).

Well let's hope next time it doesn't fail.

• Dislike 1

The coup narrative is such frivolous BS.

Grasping at straws by putting out benign texts as some 'gotcha' moment when it actually does the exact opposite of proving what they think it does. lol

If people on here genuinely believe that 1/6 was an insurrection then why has nobody been charged that way? Those charged have been getting charged with obstruction. If the government was in such grave danger on 1/6 surely they wouldn't be downplaying the threat by only charging people with obstruction? It's been 11 months. The DOJ has had ample time to build a case for insurrection. Why do the charges not match the rhetoric? It's apparent the evidence does not match the rhetoric. 

The real evidence and people that played key roles on 1/6 are being protected and aren't being exposed because if the public got an actual investigation that focused on finding the truth of what happened on 1/6 it would blow the whole 'coup' narrative to bits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, homersapien said:

As for trying to parse any meaningful difference between "intended" and "wanted", good grief.  :no:  Yeah he "wanted" to still the election, he just didn't intend to do it? :rolleyes:

I don't care what 2/3 of republicans think either. If Trump broke the law the prosecute him to the fullest extent. If he didn't then move on with your life. 

My point in the intended vs. wanted sentence is that there is a huge difference in wanting to do something illegal (or even intending to do something illegal) and actually doing something illegal.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't care what 2/3 of republicans think either. If Trump broke the law the prosecute him to the fullest extent. If he didn't then move on with your life. 

My point in the intended vs. wanted sentence is that there is a huge difference in wanting to do something illegal (or even intending to do something illegal) and actually doing something illegal.

Well, no one thinks Trump was one of the people who broke windows and forced themselves in, trashed the building and caused members of Congress to flee literally fearing for their lives.

But don't act as if this was done in a vacuum.  Trump ultimately inspired and directed them with his constant claims of a stolen election for months.  He even singled out Pence for retribution.  And he refused to lift a finger to stop it while it was happening.

So if it makes you feel better, you just fall back on the claim Trump didn't personally violate a law, which is itself debatable:

https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/criminal-charges/sedition.html

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, no one thinks Trump was one of the people who broke windows and forced themselves in, trashed the building and caused members of Congress to flee literally fearing for their lives.

But don't act as if this was done in a vacuum.  Trump ultimately inspired and directed them with his constant claims of a stolen election for months.  He even singled out Pence for retribution.  And he refused to lift a finger to stop it while it was happening.

So if it makes you feel better, you just fall back on the claim Trump didn't personally violate a law, which is itself debatable:

Constant stolen election for months? Sounds familiar with someone else from 2016, but I just can’t remember who whined…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

You still don't get it. I WANT Trump to be convicted and punished if he broke the law. I just don't think he did. The "insurrection" made you feel bad. I hate that for you. That, however, has nothing to do with the law.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Constant stolen election for months? Sounds familiar with someone else from 2016, but I just can’t remember who whined…

You'll have to refresh my memory.  What Democrats are still saying the 2016 election was stolen?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/19/2021 at 11:02 PM, Grumps said:

You still don't get it. I WANT Trump to be convicted and punished if he broke the law. I just don't think he did. The "insurrection" made you feel bad. I hate that for you. That, however, has nothing to do with the law.

No what makes me feel bad are the number of people like yourself that think Trump never did - and continues not to do - anything wrong.

And the fact he hasn't (yet) been charged doesn't mean he hasn't broken the law over this and other events.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-rioters-testimony/2021/01/16/01b3d5c6-575b-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/us/politics/gao-trump-ukraine.html

And just because Republicans refused to convict him for partisan reasons (twice) hardly means he's not guilty.

Edited by homersapien

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You'll have to refresh my memory.  What Democrats are still saying the 2016 election was stolen?

...and in what way does that compare to a sitting POTUS attempting to leverage his office to change the outcome...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

That’s all we heard from 2016-2020 from practically the entire Democratic Party. Hell Hillary said he was an “illegitimate  president “ as recently as 2019. 

They spent 4 years trying to undermine democracy by implying he wasn’t a legitimate president. But, I guess that’s different since she’s a Democrat. It’s just a another form of trying to undermine our democracy, no matter how you slice it. So if you want to condemn Trump, you better be condemning demorats as well for their actions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

That’s all we heard from 2016-2020 from practically the entire Democratic Party. Hell Hillary said he was an “illegitimate  president “ as recently as 2019. 

They spent 4 years trying to undermine democracy by implying he wasn’t a legitimate president. But, I guess that’s different since she’s a Democrat. It’s just a another form of trying to undermine our democracy, no matter how you slice it. So if you want to condemn Trump, you better be condemning demorats as well for their actions. 

What's that H word?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

You're on crack if you think the two things are the same. Trump took every prior claim that raised questions about the way an election turned out or was run and injected them with horse steroids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're on crack if you think the two things are the same. Trump took every prior claim that raised questions about the way an election turned out or was run and injected them with horse steroids.

I never said they were, but both were attempts to undermine our democracy. If you want to condemn one you have to condemn the other regardless of magnitude. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I never said they were, but both were attempts to undermine our democracy. If you want to condemn one you have to condemn the other regardless of magnitude. 

No, I can say "Hillary was a sore loser" and "Trump was trying to engineer a coup" because they vary greatly by degree.  Or if I find one to be far more egregious, I can simply condemn the one that was far worse.  I'm under no obligation to do this "both sides" genuflect people seem to worship.  

• Thanks 2