If you still don’t see it was an attempted coup

TexasTiger

On 12/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, TitanTiger said:

No, I can say "Hillary was a sore loser" and "Trump was trying to engineer a coup" because they vary greatly by degree.  Or if I find one to be far more egregious, I can simply condemn the one that was far worse.  I'm under no obligation to do this "both sides" genuflect people seem to worship.  

Exactly.

He says Hillary calls Trump an illegitimate president as late as 2019 (without referencing it), and somehow that equates to what Trump - and a cadre of henchmen - actually attempted before, during and after he lost?

(I totally missed where Hillary incited a mob to prevent VP Biden from sabotaging the electoral vote certification.)

Nobody - and I mean nobody -  GAS that Hillary called Trump illegitimate.  And it certainly didn't "threaten our democracy" when she did so. :rolleyes:

That post was ludicrous.

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

And the simple answer is….no. 

Says someone who obviously thinks the POTUS can control - and is responsible for- everything that impacts their life.   That's another common American political myth.

But it explains why you gravitate toward an authoritarian figure.

Edited by homersapien

On 11/30/2021 at 10:24 AM, wdefromtx said:

Worst "coup" attempt in history......

Not really.  Most perpetrators of failed coups have been promptly hanged or shot. 

That makes this one at least semi-successful, especially considering the number of Americans who still think it was justified.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, jj3jordan said:
On 12/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, homersapien said:

What was actually "attempted" by Clinton other than some temporary complaining?

Well she paid for a fake dossier used by comey to defraud a FISA court for warrants to spy on the Trump campaign transition team and administration and seat a special prosecutor.  If you call that temporary complaining than you may need to reread the dictionary.

homer, did you ever reply to this??

On 12/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, SaturdayGT said:

A free country is when the Government fears its people....a tyranny is when the people fear the Government..

....Im not near as concerned about a bounch of nuts invading the capital and "scaring" some Government officials (self described patriots..lol)....its a joke....Government Divaness..

Real world people doing the right stuff to build businesses,  hire people and do more than those in that capital,...they had their livelihood burned, trashed ..ultimately destroyed.....not a single congress person is out of a job......tell me again about how the capital stuff is so horrible,

What do you think a successful effort by Trump to overthrow a legal election would have led to if not a tyranny?

It's exactly that kind of simplistic and naive thinking that will lead to a tyranny in this country. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What do you think a successful effort by Trump to overthrow a legal election would have led to if not a tyranny?

It's exactly that kind of simplistic and naive thinking that will lead to a tyranny in this country. 

Exactly! Trump is planning a real coup, so if we don't take the pretend coup seriously then we will fall prey to the real coup!

This is coup coup!!!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/18/2021 at 9:34 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

The coup narrative is such frivolous BS.

Grasping at straws by putting out benign texts as some 'gotcha' moment when it actually does the exact opposite of proving what they think it does. lol

If people on here genuinely believe that 1/6 was an insurrection then why has nobody been charged that way? Those charged have been getting charged with obstruction. If the government was in such grave danger on 1/6 surely they wouldn't be downplaying the threat by only charging people with obstruction? It's been 11 months. The DOJ has had ample time to build a case for insurrection. Why do the charges not match the rhetoric? It's apparent the evidence does not match the rhetoric. 

The real evidence and people that played key roles on 1/6 are being protected and aren't being exposed because if the public got an actual investigation that focused on finding the truth of what happened on 1/6 it would blow the whole 'coup' narrative to bits.

IMG_3053-ANIMATION_large.gif?v=152224295

On 12/21/2021 at 12:16 AM, wdefromtx said:

Suit yourself, whatever makes you feel better about your self. You are on crack if you just think Hillary was just a “sore loser.” She was trying to undermine Trump and democracy. Not in the same fashion, but she was. Then again, I forgot y’all like to let your side slide. 

LOL!!  :laugh:

Titan is very much a conservative.  Just not by your (Trump) standards.

I consider him to be the most formidable and highly respected conservative debate opponent for most of the years I've been here. 

The fact you would characterize him as part of the (liberal) side only proves how radically the Republican party has shifted toward extremism and how clueless you are.

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Says someone who obviously thinks the POTUS can control - and is responsible for- everything that impacts their life.   That's another common American political myth.

But it explains why you gravitate toward an authoritarian figure.

What authoritarian figure do I gravitate towards? Not Trump, I did not vote for him. And certainly not Biden, who is arguably more authoritarian with all his mandates. 

• Dislike 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, bigbird said:

That's what it really seems.  Why can't it be, this is what we thought, we investigated, have failed to prove our hypothesis, our B, let's move on...

Similar to, collusion, Russia, qpq, ...

I am not aware of any current Democratic or 'liberal' efforts to maintain the "life" of these issues, all of which were valid issues.  (Except of course for Trump's coup attempt, which is still ongoing and quite relevant to our election.) 

In other words, we have moved on.  

To demonstrate, I'll discuss any specific one as you care to. 

(But you'll have to explain what "qpq" is.)

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am not aware of any current Democratic or 'liberal' efforts to maintain the "life" of these issues, all of which were valid issues.  (Except of course for Trump's coup attempt, which is still ongoing and quite relevant to our election.) 

In other words, we have moved on.  

To demonstrate, I'll discuss any specific one as you care to. 

(But you'll have to explain what "qpq" is.)

Quid Pro Quo......

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Grumps said:

homer, did you ever reply to this??

No.  I never have looked into the dossier/fisa issue deeply enough to debate it.

My understanding of the "fake dossier" was that it was something purchased by the Democratic party as part of their opposition research, not to specifically serve as a basis for a bogus fisa warrant. (As I recall, the Republican Party was also associated with it as some point.)

I suspect there has been a lot of spin associated with it's actual role in the history of all this, and that spin assumes a lot regarding intent and fore-knowledge, as well as overestimating the actual damage that was done.  Even if it was used improperly, I doubt the narrative surrounding it is objective (non-partisan). 

So, I don't know enough about the facts to debate it. 

I'll be glad to rectify that to the extent possible. (My only subscriptions are to WAPO and The Atlantic so I'll start there.) 

If you have any reputable, objective sources to suggest for me - including government rulings - please advise me.

Otherwise, thanks for bringing it back up.

20 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Quid Pro Quo......

Oh, so this is likely referring to Trump clearly asking for a qpq in his discussion with the Ukrainian president - on an actual tape and in transcript -  but Republicans refused to convict him for it during the impeachment trial?

Even though the "hypothesis" wasn't "disproven" - it was obviously excused/ignored/denied for purely partisan reasons.

So, that's a great example of how Democrats have "moved on". You hardly even hear about it anymore, even though Trump was guilty as hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Oh, so this is likely referring to Trump clearly asking for a qpq in his discussion with the Ukrainian president - on an actual tape and in transcript -  but Republicans refused to convict him for it during the impeachment trial?

Even though the "hypothesis" wasn't "disproven" - it was obviously excused/ignored/denied for purely partisan reasons.

So, that's a great example of how Democrats have "moved on". You hardly even hear about it anymore, even though Trump was guilty as hell.

I am just the translator of acronyms for you old people......😉

Make of it, what you will.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Exactly! Trump is planning a real coup, so if we don't take the pretend coup seriously then we will fall prey to the real coup!

This is coup coup!!!

That's funny. (Reminds me of the commercial in which the guy brings home the take out food, but forgot to pick up their child.)

But my advice to you is,  when someone shows or tells you who they are, believe them.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I am just the translator of acronyms for you old people......😉

Make of it, what you will.....

The football forum is lousy with them. 

Makes me mad as hell!   ;D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

The football forum is lousy with them. 

Makes me mad as hell!   ;D

I get it, my daughter will send me a text and it will be something like: asgdiwgfisgdfgasdtfsydtfiusgdcu...........

I am like uhhhhhh? LOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

I get it, my daughter will send me a text and it will be something like: asgdiwgfisgdfgasdtfsydtfiusgdcu...........

I am like uhhhhhh? LOL 

Unfortunately, this is the way languages - at least English - evolve.

I get irritated by hearing things like using "good" when it should be "well"  by professionals (especially in sports) who should know better: 

"They are playing really good."   :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Unfortunately, this is the way languages - at least English - evolve.

I get irritated by hearing things like using "good" when it should be "well"  (especially by professionals in sports) who should know better:  "They are playing really good."   :-\

Well, at least we can find some common ground somewhere. 😂 

I do get annoyed with improper grammar and such, mostly due to the way younger generations use technology for texting and other forms of communication. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

There is a video tape of actual qpq. Courtesy of Joe Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 11/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, TexasTiger said:

It’s probably because you supported it and are either in deep denial, you’re such a delusional Trumper you can’t grasp reality, you’re just not that bright, or you just aren’t paying attention at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/30/donald-trump-called-top-aides-capitol-riot-biden

lets not forget the power point presentation trump made his staff watch because he wanted to change from a democracy to a dictatorship with only him in charge. rolling stone posted it among others if anyone wants to google it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

lets not forget the power point presentation trump made his staff watch because he wanted to change from a democracy to a dictatorship with only him in charge. rolling stone posted it among others if anyone wants to google it.

Yeah not what it says fiddy.  But welcome back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 11:44 PM, wdefromtx said:

Guess we will have to disagree, Hillary et al. Tried to undermine democracy and the presidency for 4 years. Maybe you are just incapable of understanding that, or just flat out ignoring it. 

Mitch McConnell, et al tried to undermine Obama’s presidency for 8 years. Trump tried to undermine his legitimacy by claiming he wasn’t American. You want to equate what Hillary did to that? You’ll at least have a colorable argument. This comparison, however, isn’t even on the same planet.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, wdefromtx said:

It wasn’t even a real coup attempt, more like a gathering of idiots that heard a dog whistle……

Pull your head out and consume some actual facts:

• Like 1