Bo Nix On Future at Auburn: "I’m Not Sure"

IronMan70

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Back on topic (hopefully): if Bo is headed to the transfer portal are they waiting until after ESD to announce?

I doubt it’s a thing where the regime is waiting, and I think people are confusing the changing “rumors” as bad reporting. I legitimately believe he’s just up and down in which way to go. 

Now, that could be the case AND the regime had a short leash and already has communicated plans on moving on from him. All that to say, it’s probably more up in the air than we know 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bring up Willson seems like a bad analogy. Kid is legit. All those others are bad.

Why does Bo have to throw for 40 when Mond got worse as a Jr and Sr only throwing for 19?? Seems like a bad scale.

Mond isn't good, franks isn't good. Hill isn't good. Hes a gimmick with 47% comp%. Bo isn't good. None of those guys are in a class really above Bo. All avg college QBs that will never do anything in the NFL but got drafted based on perceived skill set.

None of those guys are Zack Wilson

Because the metric of being equal would mean he would have to throw the same number of td's. 

You have no data to suggest that mond is bad you are just stating opinions to help the other dude to carry on the stupid logic of saying Bo is equal without Bo having to prove himself. 

He's absolutely in a higher class than Bo. Bo just now learned to set his feet in the middle of his Jr year. I'm tired of the Bo entitlement. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You have no data to suggest that mond is bad you are just stating opinions to help the other dude to carry on the stupid logic of saying Bo is equal without Bo having to prove himself. 

I watched him in college for 4 years being completely average. 

• Love 1

I definitely hope that they didn’t just shut the door on the guy the first second he was thinking about looking elsewhere. Not saying that they did, but I’m of the opinion Nix is one of the few who deserved a bit of a longer leash with his process (especially considering that there’s only one healthy start between the rest of the roster and there’s a million prestigious programs looking to assert their own newly installed offenses and QBs this offseason) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I really hope we are going after Cameron Ward. There is a reason CLK is after him.

Hope, wrong but I'd be surprised if we got a QB over Ole Miss.

I'm a little worried about next year. Really need someone for spring

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Hope, wrong but I'd be surprised if we got a QB over Ole Miss.

I'm a little worried about next year. Really need someone for spring

I agree. I read where his father said he wants to go to a system that throws the ball a lot and CLK will absolutely do that.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I definitely hope that they didn’t just shut the door on the guy the first second he was thinking about looking elsewhere. Not saying that they did, but I’m of the opinion Nix is one of the few who deserved a bit of a longer leash with his process (especially considering that there’s only one healthy start between the rest of the roster and there’s a million prestigious programs looking to assert their own newly installed offenses and QBs this offseason) 

I agree with you, but we're 3 weeks after the season ended and if the meeting is true where he said he's out, we need to be publicly moving on ASAP.

He's nothing to us, staying in this ambiguity hurts us. We can't do what's best for him

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I watched him in college for 4 years being completely average. 

Ok......I did to and I have his stats. Career stats aren't equal. And I have head to head stats where Bo has only thrown one freaking td in three games as opposed to mond has thrown 5. And they both have thrown a pick. Bo is equal? Gtfoh

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok......I did to and I have his stats. Career stats aren't equal. And I have head to head stats where Bo has only thrown one freaking td in three games as opposed to mond has thrown 5. And they both have thrown a pick. Bo is equal? Gtfoh

OK. TDs are all that matters as you said previously. 

Bo doesn't break his ankle and he most likely matches Monds Sr TD numbers.

Have a good day, I'll let you guys argue Ober two bad QBs and the fractions that separated them.

Hopefully we don't keep talking about Bo like some do Gus

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Have a good day, I'll let you guys argue Ober two bad QBs and the fractions that separated them.

If he goes to UCF, it will be a constant.

9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Posters on this forum seriously misjudged and underestimated Neiko Thorpe. He proved his abilities during his pro career.  That's why I really don't put much value on the talent evaluations here. No one knows what they're talking about most of the time. 

HHmmm.."no one knows what they're talking about..."...that would include you 🙂

Neiko Freshman and Sophomore lead the NCAA in tackles after touchdowns.  It was the most frustrating DB performance since Jerry Beasley (for those old enough to remember Jerry).  When he was on the field, Alabama receivers would wave at the QB and point at Beasley and then they would throw right at him (sorry for that aside, I'm still scarred by it).  By his senior year, Neiko was (obviously) an NFL caliber ballplayer.  His football IQ caught up with his physical attributes.  

Mond...statistically where he was/is better than Nix is on TD volume.  For roughly the same # of yards throwing, and only a slightly better Comp %; he had 2X more TD passes.  And as someone pointed out; I never saw him underthrow a ball...he could absolutely launch it.   He also ran for more yards; but not a big time rusher.       

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LMAO. Nice try the reason it's only 19 is because mond only played ten games just like Bo did this season. So as you can see it's still not equal and you saying Bo would have thrown 8 more td's if he didn't hurt his ankle is ridiculous. He hasn't shown a trend of ever producing at that rate.

But yes ok you think mondw is bad for absolutely no reason. Got it

You want let me do anything you'll just stay out of causing confusion to something that didn't regard you'll go argue about something else. Cool

LMAO are the 35 td "fraction"

Edited by cole256

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Nope done with it. U summed it up and put a bow on what I was trying to relay. 

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

HHmmm.."no one knows what they're talking about..."...that would include you 🙂

Neiko Freshman and Sophomore lead the NCAA in tackles after touchdowns.  It was the most frustrating DB performance since Jerry Beasley (for those old enough to remember Jerry).  When he was on the field, Alabama receivers would wave at the QB and point at Beasley and then they would throw right at him (sorry for that aside, I'm still scarred by it).  By his senior year, Neiko was (obviously) an NFL caliber ballplayer.  His football IQ caught up with his physical attributes.  

Mond...statistically where he was/is better than Nix is on TD volume.  For roughly the same # of yards throwing, and only a slightly better Comp %; he had 2X more TD passes.  And as someone pointed out; I never saw him underthrow a ball...he could absolutely launch it.   He also ran for more yards; but not a big time rusher.       

Lol none of that matters. You'll see they are low on data.....Bo is equal because he is Bo

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

I really hope we are going after Cameron Ward. There is a reason CLK is after him.

Ive heard CLK is also after Dillon Gabriel pretty heavy. 

• Like 2

I think it's about time to nuke this thread until something comes out of the athletic department

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

If he goes to UCF, it will be a constant.

I'll laugh hard if he goes to UCF. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol none of that matters. You'll see they are low on data.....Bo is equal because he is Bo

You’re that guy at work who everyone avoids on Monday during football season. Only your opinion matters. There’s one just like you at my job, only he’s worse. He’s a bammer.

Edited by jluvah
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

LMAO. Nice try the reason it's only 19 is because mond only played ten games just like Bo did this season

I don't really want to keep debating, but just responding that you're right it was a covid short season.

You think Mond is good. I think he's bad and so is Bo. We differ.

Just now, jluvah said:

You’re that guy at work who everyone avoids on Monday during football season. Only your opinion matters. There’s one just like you at my job, only he’s worse. He’s a hammer.

I'm that guy that looks at data before telling everybody they are wrong.....I know you hate him at work. Probably means you're not allowed to talk that much

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm that guy that looks at data before telling everybody they are wrong.....I know you hate him at work. Probably means you're not allowed to talk that much

Because he won’t shut up

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I don't really want to keep debating, but just responding that you're right it was a covid short season.

You think Mond is good. I think he's bad and so is Bo. We differ.

Right and that could've been it but you decided to talk down and completely ignore the stats as well. You jumped into a debate that's not even the same debate. Saying mond is good and saying mond is better than Bo is two different things. But for whatever reason that's been hard to differentiate.

And it's not that I even think mond is great but he sure as hell has proven to be much more than Bo ever has and the stats show that.

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Because he won’t shut up

Yet here you are on this forum constantly speaking to me when I literally haven't ever quoted you or asked for your opinion. Weird

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Because he won’t shut up

Kinda weird that you’re gatekeeing like this. Just because you don’t like what Cole’s saying doesn’t mean he has to shut up

• Thanks 1