Bo Nix On Future at Auburn: "I’m Not Sure"

IronMan70

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Why didn't Harsin run his offense this year?

Idk, he hired someone who wasn't good. That's on him too, so he's not void of fault 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Idk, he hired someone who wasn't good. That's on him too, so he's not void of fault 

Exactly . Nobody said CBH isn’t at fault. This guy is hitting the extreme at 100 percent. So clueless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Did I say that ? Are are you so clueless (I suspect that you are based on your post) to presume that CBH has little to no involvement in his expertise of the side of the ball and just allows the OC to have 100 percent control of everything? The next OC will follow suit. 

I am clueless......who was responsible for last seasons offense?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Exactly . Nobody said CBH isn’t at fault. This guy is hitting the extreme at 100 percent. So clueless.

What is extreme about my posts?

Just now, gravejd said:

I am clueless......who was responsible for last seasons offense?

The HC is responsible and it’s his responsibility to find a suitable replacement. You are clueless in thinking Bo isn’t committing because he does not know the OC. The OC is going to do with the HC prefers especially when he has an expertise in it. I highly doubt that is his reasoning for being non-committed.

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

And that OC/QB coach was fired after one season. I'm not a doom and gloom kind of guy but its hard for me to look at AU as a favorable place for a QB right now. The head coach failed on his first attempt to hire an OC/QB coach and he can't seem to find a replacement either. I think its crazy people saying Bo needs to commit when he doesn't even know who his position coach is going to be. 

Your argument is defensible and I don't pretend to know what's up next. But it seems to me like Bo has reason to believe that he'll get good NFL prep if he stays here another year. Also, if he leaves here, he's almost assuredly going into even more of an unknown. Not a ton of Hugh Freeze/Liberty combos to land at. Of course, that might be exactly where he'd go. 

Now, if you want to cite the talent around (and in front of) him as a reason to bounce, I get that. But, again, I'm not sure he's going to do a lot better. And any conversation about it needs to include that part. What school out there can guarantee a better setup and will actually bring him in as a sure fire starter? 

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

What is extreme about my posts?

Idk I don't think you're clueless, but definitely off base with your parallels to Gus

What i've said is this:

1. Harsin made a terrible first OC hire
2. Harsin has not been able to correct that mistake
3. If i was Bo i would be hesitant to commit to AU because of #1 and #2

If i have gotten out of line somewhere let me know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Oh cool i remember how to play this game from when Gus was the coach. 

We are excited that the OC was fired because the offense sucks but its ok because the HC is an offensive guy. The HC was really responsible for all the good things like Bo playing better but he had no say in the offense and that is why it sucked and why the OC got canned. 

Am i doing this right??

This is the extremity of your post. Nothing I said alluded to this mess you responded to. My point was whoever comes in is going to follow the vision of CBH. I am sure Bo knows how CBH likes to run things, regardless of the OC. So I doubt that is why he is not committed to returning to Auburn 

• Like 1

Just now, gravejd said:

But you don’t know this. How do you know he has not corrected a single thing when he hasn’t even hired a replacement yet? But you are wondering how are you living in the world of extremes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

What i've said is this:

1. Harsin made a terrible first OC hire
3. If i was Bo i would be hesitant to commit to AU because of #1 and #2

If i have gotten out of line somewhere let me know.

1 we all agree. I was against Bobo from my initial posts here, but to your 3 (we'll get to that)

2. Disagree bc he's going to be the defacto OC..but in reality we don't even know yet

3. Bo had the best development of his life under Harsin and Bobo. He's honestly dumb doing what he's doing

Edited by W.E.D

And let me just say this. I don’t think CBH was calling plays last year . I think he will this year . I believe, kind of like NS and Dabo, he comes up with a few points of emphasis and what he would like to see from his coordinators and then allows them to create a game plan that he signs off to. Now the specifics of how it plays out is based on the coordinators call. For instance, I don’t think CBH made that call on 4th and 1.

I do believe he made the ultimate decision to go for it on 4th and 1 but allowed Bobo to make the decision on the best play based on what they worked on in practice . To me this was his downfall. I do think CBH will take a more active approach this time around which is why this is a more calculated search. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is the extremity of your post. Nothing I said alluded to this mess you responded to. My point was whoever comes in is going to follow the vision of CBH. I am sure Bo knows how CBH likes to run things, regardless of the OC. So I doubt that is why he is not committed to returning to Auburn 

I'm not comparing Harsin to Gus. I'm comparing the situation of always having a scapegoat on offense. And how we as fans try and place praise and blame were its suits our points. But i guess it can be true that Bo had good coaching and the offense can still be bad. 

Anyway...no point in beating this drum all day. I understand why Bo is hesitant to commit to AU right now and i don't blame him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'm not comparing Harsin to Gus. I'm comparing the situation of always having a scapegoat on offense. And how we as fans try and place praise and blame were its suits our points. But i guess it can be true that Bo had good coaching and the offense can still be bad. 

Anyway...no point in beating this drum all day. I understand why Bo is hesitant to commit to AU right now and i don't blame him. 

Who is doing that ? You can’t say me, I’ve been critical of CBH probably more than anyone on this board. That is nothing to do with the idea of why Bo is not committed. I don’t think the OC has anything to do with that. It simply could be he is sick of Auburn and it’s fans. He is sick of how he is getting treated . He could simply be sick of CBH. But I highly doubt it is because we don’t have an OC in place, especially when he knows that the OC typically is going to follow the vision of its HC if they are an offensive minded coach. 

Further , just to be petty, people have claimed this kid is Auburn through and through. Some have even alluded that he loves Auburn more than anyone else. If that was the case , would the absentee of an OC be an issue? 

Edited by DAG

Not bothered that it is taking time for Harsin to hire and OC.  Many reasons why...and like with everything else associated with him; no one out here has a clue. 

Also, not concerned with Bo's decision.  His staying or leaving has little impact on Harsin's/Auburns 3 - 5 year success.  Next year will be tough any way you cut it.  I look forward to seeing DD in the bowl game (I hope).  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Bo needs to s*** of get off the pot 

Not until an OC is named. The timing of that's up to the head coach.

Bo Nicks is Patrick Nicks son and has orange and blue BLOOD. He should take all the time to know what he should do about the crazy fans and the color of blood he wants next. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gofor2 said:

Bo Nicks is Patrick Nicks son and has orange and blue BLOOD. He should take all the time to know what he should do about the crazy fans and the color of blood he wants next. 

Bo Nick’s mother, Stevie, speaking up for the AU fan base:

• Haha 6

Gotta remember that this is a two way street. Harsin and co are also evaluating. There are QB's in there that are close to if not better fits for Harsin. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if we are in back channel talks with QB's not in the portal, just like we are for OL. Not saying Bo wouldn't welcome another competition, but he also probably only plans to play one more year in college, and thus, needs to ensure that he will be the starter somewhere and get tape.

Harsin keeps things close to the vest. I'm sure he wants Bo back, but I doubt he's guaranteeing jobs to anyone after this year. Laugh at me all you want, but he could grab an experienced, pro-style QB and make it a competition. We saw the benefits of a "competition" last year, so I hope he does it again with a more experienced portal QB than TJ. Plus, as this year taught us, the more depth the better

• Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
8 hours ago, japantiger said:

I look forward to seeing DD in the bowl game (I hope).

This will answer all questions about him if he doesn’t play. Hoping he gets at least a quarter. Also interested to see how TJ does with a couple more weeks of 1st team reps. He’s clearly got some potential but has played quite underwhelmingly.  Bo improved a ton, we will see if that improvement translates to TJ as well. If he hasn’t improved it may be the case that Bobo was the key player there and indicate the need for a qb coach as an OC.  Certainly a lot to look for on a Tuesday morning (and whoever set up an 11am Tuesday game should never be allowed to set schedules again, but that’s another topic). 

Guest MustardSeed
6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not until an OC is named. The timing of that's up to the head coach.

Exactly. No one can reasonably expect a player in his position to make any decision without that one extremely important bit of info. It could be a completely different type of offense guy and Bo may not want to learn yet another new one. Plus, if he feels Bobo was the main reason for his improvement this year, he may wait to see if Bobo lands anywhere he could transfer and have the easiest path to successful numbers for himself next year 

Edited by MustardSeed

6 hours ago, Gofor2 said:

I’m just not sure Bo Nicks is focused and having fun.

8 hours ago, Gofor2 said:

Sweet baby Jesus. Isn't there some AI algorithm that could flush this type of post or at the very least automatically correct spelling? 😄

Edited by creed
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gofor2 said:

A4e?