Bo Nix On Future at Auburn: "I’m Not Sure"

IronMan70

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

Good question, I think Mike4AU's post above might answer it. 

Oops. Sorry I guess I looked right over that one lol. Thanks. I agree then. Should have definitely been private. Owe well. I don't really feel like Bo owes us anything nor us him. It is what it is. I am happy he is returning, though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Yes, verbatim, on the weekly talk show he does. 

When? I listened to his interview and don’t remember him saying “transfer portal” at all. He generally talked about his future, etc but never mentioned the transfer portal.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Let’s just clear this up and get some actual facts. Here is the entire interview. Those words never came out of his mouth.  Come on guys  

30 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Let’s just clear this up and get some actual facts. Here is the entire interview. Those words never came out of his mouth.  Come on guys  

But then again, we have the 247 article I posted in the OP making reference to the interview, the portal and Bo.   :gofig:

"Nix during his weekly interview said that the prevalence of the transfer portal, along with the free year of eligibility players who participated in the 2020 season received, have given players like himself more options, and he wants to ensure he makes the right one for a hopeful NFL career."

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

But then again, we have the 247 article I posted in the OP making reference to the interview, the portal and Bo.   :gofig:

"Nix during his weekly interview said that the prevalence of the transfer portal, along with the free year of eligibility players who participated in the 2020 season received, have given players like himself more options, and he wants to ensure he makes the right one for a hopeful NFL career."

It’s a misquote. He didn’t say “players like me”. He was asked about the portal and gave an answer but never indicated in any way he may use the portal

51 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I also think he stays.

That said, he also has done nothing this week to squash the rumors about him and the transfer portal.

Good. He shouldn’t respond to rumors and made up headlines. Those who know, know. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, AURealist said:

So...   Seven pages of nothingburger? 

Whatever...   

I've seen worse.  

Well there was a lot more in the OP and the comments in the thread than that but still. The article was posted, without comment, just for the info it contained. Personally, I thought the article was focused on his indecision, not necessarily on his options like the portal. 

To be honest, I didn't even remember the one and only reference in the OP to the portal until the topic was brought up later on by thread comments about the radio interview. I've never thought a transfer made any sense. I think he stays.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Good. He shouldn’t respond to rumors and made up headlines. Those who know, know. 

So this thread has moved from “he said this” to “he has said nothing to squash rumors”. Quite a different take on those 2 IMO, but sometimes I get it wrong (as I have been reminded b4).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

247 has an article discussing nix future . It appears he is going to eat dinner tonight and drink Milos 

Funny to see all the writers backtrack on that situation. Our beat and insiders have been completely cut off and don't know squat it seems. Throwing everything against the wall and hoping something sticks

• Like 1

Does he wanna be at Auburn or not?? if not then he can hit the road lol. Sick of Auburn fans begging him to stay. We have been more than patient with that boy. Dee would love a turn 

Edited by AuburnTiger4Life
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Does he wanna be at Auburn or not?? if not then he can hit the road lol. Sick of Auburn fans begging him to stay. We have been more than patient with that boy. Dee would love a turn 

He'd first have to beat Finley out, then prove to be better than our walkons.

23 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I looked all over this thread, saw no begging. 

Y’all, let’s put this to rest and lock this thread. Bo’s comments are about evaluating his draft potential. He is now draft eligible and has graduated. It makes sense to not saying anything before getting graded. He isn’t going to grade out as draft-able as of now. He’s Auburn through and through. There’s no way he’s transferring. And since he isn’t going to get drafted this year, he’s coming back. Mic dropped. Lock the thread.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Time to seriously hit the transfer portal for a q b and make that decision for Bo Nix

I agree. Did not feel that way originally, but have changed my mind.

• Like 1