Bo Nix On Future at Auburn: "I’m Not Sure"

IronMan70

I don't really read much into what Bo said.  All he said was he had to get healthy and didn't know what next year would look like.  Who does?   I think Gus put Bo in a really bad position when he named him the starter as a true freshman.  For 2 years he got little to no coaching, had a weak O line, and was never challenged by the other QB's we had on the roster.  I can't imagine Bo would want to play for Gus again, but ultimately, Bo has to decide what is best for him.

I won’t be surprised if Bo hits the portal. He has a lot of talent just needs the right coaches to be a first round pick. AU has way to many holes to fill next year to be in the top 10 . If he can transfer to a school that can compete next year and give him all the pieces to show off his ability, it would mean not only millions but actually drafted to play. I think with the right team and the right coaching Bo could be in the top 4 QBs in the draft next year. 🤔

Hope Bo returns or we're in a very bad spot.

TJ is not that dude and doesn't even look like a serviceable backup.

Apparently there wasn't a lot of faith in DD to even get reps when TJ's ankle didn't let him take a single step without limping.

Hopefully Geriner is a stud and maybe the new OC sees merit in DD.

• Like 1

Bo Nix, NFL QB.  So the NFL is going to skip the 1st 69 QB's and draft the 70th rated college QB?  There are a total of 259 total NFL draft picks.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Bo Nix, NFL QB.  So the NFL is going to skip the 1st 69 QB's and draft the 70th rated college QB?  There are a total of 259 total NFL draft picks.

Did he declare or something? Lol

21 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Why do you think all 70 of these QBs are draft eligible?  They aren't.

Why do you think whatever measurement you're using is how NFL team grade players?  In terms of QBR, Stetson Bennet is the #1 ranked drafted eligible college QB.  Do you think he's going #1?

• Like 1

If he truly wants to be in the NFL, he'll stay as far away from Gus as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Why do you think all 70 of these QBs are draft eligible?  They aren't.

Why do you think whatever measurement you're using is how NFL team grade players?  In terms of QBR, Stetson Bennet is the #1 ranked drafted eligible college QB.  Do you think he's going #1?

1 - I don't....I don't think half of them are draft eligible...I especially don't think anyone takes Nix given the surface level stats (ranking, QBR, etc.) or more importantly having watched him underperform an inflated set of expectations for 3 years...which continues unabated in this thread  

2 - I don't... 

If he transfers I wish him the best.  If he does, I hope he does it because it offers him superior employment opportunities down the road.  I he stays, I hope his performance improves and Auburn wins the games it should.   In either case, we won't be watching him play on Sundays

On 11/30/2021 at 10:25 AM, Zeek said:

Hope Bo returns or we're in a very bad spot.

TJ is not that dude and doesn't even look like a serviceable backup.

Apparently there wasn't a lot of faith in DD to even get reps when TJ's ankle didn't let him take a single step without limping.

Hopefully Geriner is a stud and maybe the new OC sees merit in DD.

I think we need Bo to stay, so Geriner can learn in his first year.

And even if Bo stays, I think we need a transfer QB to be the strong backup, and definitely a top level QB if Bo goes.

I can see TJ staying as backup, if our OL improves. He has to have a better passing OL to make his throws.

If we go get s top level QB, or TJ still is the backup, I wonder if TJ transfers again....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

If he truly wants to be in the NFL, he'll stay as far away from Gus as possible. 

It would be wild and so amazingly dumb if he went to UCF.

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

I don't....I don't think half of them are draft eligible

So the NFL wouldn't skip of 69 QBs b/c they can't draft most of them.

I especially don't think anyone takes Nix given the surface level stats (ranking, QBR, etc.) or more importantly having watched him underperform an inflated set of expectations for 3 years...which continues unabated in this thread  

Right, they'd take him based on projection and a flier on a 7th round pick.  He's extremely athletic, I'm pretty sure @DAG agrees with me that he's an elite athlete 😜.  He's shown improvement over the course of the year and 2 of his last 4 games he was over 73% comp% and 3 of the last 4 he was over 66%.  Aggies being the lone bad game.

NFL teams make awful draft picks and I wouldn't be shocked if a team took a flier on him with a worthless 7th round pick hoping he could develop and talking themselves into being able to develop him.

If he stays, I hope his performance improves and Auburn wins the games it should.   In either case, we won't be watching him play on Sundays

If he continues the development we saw towards the end of the year into next year, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get drafted in '23

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So the NFL wouldn't skip of 69 QBs b/c they can't draft most of them.

Right, they'd take him based on projection and a flier on a 7th round pick.  He's extremely athletic, I'm pretty sure @DAG agrees with me that he's an elite athlete 😜.  He's shown improvement over the course of the year and 2 of his last 4 games he was over 73% comp% and 3 of the last 4 he was over 66%.  Aggies being the lone bad game.

NFL teams make awful draft picks and I wouldn't be shocked if a team took a flier on him with a worthless 7th round pick hoping he could develop and talking themselves into being able to develop him.

If he continues the development we saw towards the end of the year into next year, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get drafted in '23

I think he is athletic enough to switch positions if he put on weight. I am not believing a team would use a draft pick on him. Give him an undrafted contract, sure. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think he is athletic enough to switch positions if he put on weight. I am not believing a team would use a draft pick on him. Give him an undrafted contract, sure. 

Where do think he could play? WR I don't see him needing to add weight. Defense?

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Where do think he could play? WR I don't see him needing to add weight. Defense?

Nope I would say more so a under sized TE with possession skills. With the way of the NFL now, there is a major transition for those types such as Garret Graham. But he would have to put on some weight to block a little. Evan Engram would be the apex if he could transition. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I could see him in a Taysom Hill-type role when Drew Brees was at NO. Especially on a flier, or an UFA.

Considering the roster limits, I am surprised we don't see more backup QBs that can add value in another area (such as backup DBs/WRs do on kicks).

Similar stats, too:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/taysom-hill-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bo-nix-1.html

On 11/30/2021 at 3:32 AM, AU-24 said:

The Phenix City, Smith Station Al rumor mill has it as Gus is offering Patrick Nix the O coordinator position, Bo transfers to Central Florida as he has two years left because of Covid. Again, total rumor at this point but it is being said by some high school coaches in the area.

Just posting what they told me, I don’t have a link etc… I hope it isn’t true.

oh-its-true-its-damn-true.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I think we need Bo to stay, so Geriner can learn in his first year.

And even if Bo stays, I think we need a transfer QB to be the strong backup, and definitely a top level QB if Bo goes.

I can see TJ staying as backup, if our OL improves. He has to have a better passing OL to make his throws.

If we go get s top level QB, or TJ still is the backup, I wonder if TJ transfers again....

This is my fear, and probably unreasonable of me. Bo bolts. We grab a transfer. The transfer is running first string by the end of spring. Do TJ and DD bolt at that point? Then, all we'd have is the transfer and true freshman Geriner on roster. 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Do you really need an official link to predict it?

Do you know the difference between prediction and actual evidence? You are talking like you got 100% verification. That is a huge ass difference. You posted a link about a whole other person. Y'all are different, man lol

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Do you know the difference between prediction and actual evidence? You are talking like you got 100% verification. That is a huge ass difference. You posted a link about a whole other person. Y'all are different, man lol

I said UCF bound. How is that any different than a 247 Crystal Ball prediction? Answer: It’s not. 

Just now, Viper said:

I said UCF bound. How is that any different than a 247 Crystal Ball prediction? Answer: It’s not. 

Well, 247 CB at least has some credibility. You, on the other hand....

• Haha 1