Feedback from Bama Fans

TJRanger175

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well great for Harsin & staff they entered into the 1st inaugural season of NIL!!!!  Now players can be blatantly offered cash, cars, Buckelew's can offer free suits to every Auburn player they want to sign a deal with.  

Yeah, you can pay players already on the team but you can't set up NIL contracts for recruits. You have to get them in school before you can start paying them legally. Let's not forget, the hint of Auburn paying a player equals a one year investigation and the proof of bama paying players like Fluker and Barron was of no interest to the NCAA. Some teams are given an easier path to a top 5 signing day than others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

What does this have to do with Saban's first year of recruiting? THAT was the comparison. At THAT time, if you could get away with paying players, you had a HUGE advantage.

As it sits today,  the playing field is supposedly back even with the new NIL rules.

The thread got sidetracked with Saban and what was done in at THAT time.  CURRENTLY this new coaching staff has the benefit of a HUGE advantage with NIL their first year recruiting for Auburn.  IF Auburn Admin & Athletics has done their job and taken care of business with NIL, then this staff will have an advantage over any former staff we've had. 

NIL is a game changer and our supporters need to be paying out players.  Every men's clothing store in Auburn should be signing our players to NIL contracts, every tire & rim store, every hamburger & rib joint, every stereo & sound system business.  Paying our current players in a big way does nothing but help our coaches attract talent. 

16 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Yeah, you can pay players already on the team but you can't set up NIL contracts for recruits. You have to get them in school before you can start paying them legally. Let's not forget, the hint of Auburn paying a player equals a one year investigation and the proof of bama paying players like Fluker and Barron was of no interest to the NCAA. Some teams are given an easier path to a top 5 signing day than others. 

That's why Auburn Admin/Compliance/Athletics should have already set up contract deals for our current players.  Pay them with men's clothing contracts, tire & rim contracts, food joints, cellphone companies, etc.  Pay them NOW so that recruits know Auburn pays their players well and they will get the same deals if they sign with us. 

6 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

To be fair, I support us being good at football and love the warm fuzzies. I just don’t get all of this. That’s all. 

we must have been watching a different coach the last few weeks. 

My realistic pre-season expectation was 7 wins. He missed it by a game. 8 wins would have been over-achieving, 6, I’ll give you is probably under, but we couldn’t expect him to come in as late as he did and fix the broken Gus Bus. There was a lot for him to overcome. 

Questionable decisions and calls? You bet, but I like his process. He needs more than a season to be evaluated as not working out IMO.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, bishoptf said:

All I was trying to say is that you cannot really compare the wins and losses between Saban and Harsin, IMHO they are not really comparable. Saban had a proven track record at LSWho and new how to recruit in the SEC and hit the ground running.  This is just my opinion, if you want to believe that Bama was the only program doing that and that Auburn was lily white well thats another discussion. All I was saying was however they did it they had a top recruiting class coming in and we currently are behind, hope we make up some ground and finish strong.

The only time I figured we were lily white (or close to it) was during the Cam Colonoscopy. The only thing dirtier than CFB recruiting is CBB recruiting.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, bishoptf said:

I would agree but the thing Saban also did in his first year was GIVE OUT DODGE CHARGERS, i'd have to go back and look but I believe he had a top 5 class.  I am hoping we turn out to have a better class …

:)

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, SRBautigerfan said:

I can see this whole scenario playing out.  If it does it will be proof that God and ESPN truly hate most of America.

I cant speak for God, but Im sure ESPN does.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2021 at 6:32 PM, selias said:

I've been talking to my Bama friends (grads, not Bammers...there's a difference), Harsin kinda scares them because of his mentality and singular focus. Weather or not that plays out for our future success remains to be seen but, it slightly (SLIGHTLY) reaffirms my confidence in what Harsin & Co are trying to build.

So is there a difference in talking to us Auburn frands, not grads? 😊

On 11/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, TJRanger175 said:

Yes- huge difference.

They are concerned about Harsin. 

BTW- they had no such concern the last couple of coaches we had.

I doubt very few of Auburn opponents had concerns for the two previous coaches. If they did have any it was, they aren't leaving, are they?

Edited by milehighfan

On 11/29/2021 at 2:42 PM, nurbis said:

The bammers and their REC have given exorbitant financial compensation to players and their families, and isn't even hidden, but people on this forum will come back with " Auburn isn't lily white either" as if it were even comparable. The EXTENT and the MILLIONS of dollars that the REC spends is unmatched. Every championship has been bought and paid for by bammer. And what we can see is just the tip of the iceberg. Auburn does nothing even close to the payoff system set up by the REC. No other school does either. The corruption is deep and well seated and it probably won't change for a while.....if ever.  

I don't know if Harsin can overcome it or not. Gus got his wings clipped when whiney nick met with the SEC officials alone. If the bammers feel threatened by Harsin...he will get the same treatment. Kirby is lucky that he knows enough to not feel threatened. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The bammers and their REC have given exorbitant financial compensation to players and their families, and isn't even hidden, but people on this forum will come back with " Auburn isn't lily white either" as if it were even comparable. The EXTENT and the MILLIONS of dollars that the REC spends is unmatched. Every championship has been bought and paid for by bammer. And what we can see is just the tip of the iceberg. Auburn does nothing even close to the payoff system set up by the REC. No other school does either. The corruption is deep and well seated and it probably won't change for a while.....if ever.  

I don't know if Harsin can overcome it or not. Gus got his wings clipped when whiney nick met with the SEC officials alone. If the bammers feel threatened by Harsin...he will get the same treatment. Kirby is lucky that he knows enough to not feel threatened. 

I’m not saying that what you said isn’t right, but why doesn’t someone like Cristobol, Mcwhatever is name was or any of the other assistant’s that coached under Saban coming forth with info?   

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not saying that what you said isn’t right, but why doesn’t someone like Cristobol, Mcwhatever is name was or any of the other assistant’s that coached under Saban coming forth with info?   

Are you serious? Do you think they'd have a career left if they did? 

Look what happened to Hugh Freeze who had the audacity to use the same recruiting tactics. Look how Pat Dye's career ended, Logan Young was probably murdered. An honors student was raped by a bammer booster, she reported it to the Turdville police and they put her through so much hell and then filed charges against her for the way she had to escape his home. She killed herself due to the extreme trauma that bammer caused her, and the cop got to stand on the sidelines with the team. Some of the reporters lost their jobs for digging into it. Her family sued UAT and won, but by then her Mom was fighting a deadly cancer and the family did not have the emotional strength left to carry it further. The rape case died. The story got buried. There was another case where a young man was murdered and it intersects with the same booster. The Dad of the murdered young man was fighting for his son and trying to get justice, and guess what? The Dad was framed and arrested. He finally got the charges dropped and was released....but the investigation has gone no where, and the Dad has not been able to do anything about it. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:34 AM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

This idea that Saban is somehow afraid, concerned or worried about Harsin @ Auburn is just bizarre. The same could be said regarding Pittman at Arkansas in his/their eyes and probably would hold more weight in reality but it's doubtful either are true. We played a good game against them this year and so have a lot of teams this year. 

bammer is not afraid of anyone. It's silly to even suggest it. 

20 hours ago, aubaseball said:

No one wants to fall up their stairs.

• Like 2

Oh ye of short memories - Bama nation (not the most informed bunch) were in a fetal position when we hired Malzahn as HC too.. Saban was in such a panic he tried to get Gus's O ruled illegal, remember that? War eagle Harsin but not because some bamzo says so.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, aucom96 said:

Harsin commands respect NOW because he’s Saban-like in his process/culture talk and rock-faced demeanor. If he can recruit, I think he’ll even start to scare them. If he can’t pick it up on that end, however, he’ll be Gus 2.0

Gus could recruit. Gus couldn’t coach. 

10 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Gus could recruit.

Not really. He could occasionally land blue chip guys, mostly on defense because of his assistants on that side, but he couldn't recruit a balanced roster. We're severely undertalented and underexperienced at WR and OL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Not really. He could occasionally land blue chip guys, mostly on defense because of his assistants on that side, but he couldn't recruit a balanced roster. We're severely undertalented and underexperienced at WR and OL.

And the weird thing is, it felt like Gus signed a lot of WRs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

And the weird thing is, it felt like Gus signed a lot of WRs. 

He totally did, and they probably averaged 4*s each. And several of them were legit. Kobe Hudson is legit. A couple others might be, like Javy Johnson. DSlay and Ryan Davis definitely were. Seth Williams could've been an all-conference type guy this year. 

But Shed Jackson and Demetrius Robertson being two of our most thrown to guys tells you everything. Whether it's talent or experience or both, we were not left in good shape with that group.