Feedback from Bama Fans

TJRanger175

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

To be fair, I support us being good at football and love the warm fuzzies. I just don’t get all of this. That’s all. 

we must have been watching a different coach the last few weeks. 

I've noticed a lot of us are too far down into the weeds to see the trees in the forest. 

41 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

I don't think Saban is afraid of anyone.

The fans show concern because of the increased competition.

I think Saban welcomes the competition.

NS has seen dozens of SEC coaches come and go in the last 15 yrs.  Almost every SEC program has been the epitome of inconsistent in that time frame.   

The man is so OCD about his process that I doubt he's able to allow himself to look too far in the future or even waste energy worrying about another SEC HC who's yet to actually do very much in this league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like to use the Saban is old thing because my parent are about the same age but Saban looked old Saturday night.  Nicky is becoming less of a concern for me over the long haul and Pumpkin pie haircutted Kirby would be my concern.  

3 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

This idea that Saban is somehow afraid, concerned or worried about Harsin @ Auburn is just bizarre. The same could be said regarding Pittman at Arkansas in his/their eyes and probably would hold more weight in reality but it's doubtful either are true. We played a good game against them this year and so have a lot of teams this year. 

Who said saban was afraid of anyone other than you?

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I don't like to use the Saban is old thing because my parent are about the same age but Saban looked old Saturday night.  Nicky is becoming less of a concern for me over the long haul and Pumpkin pie haircutted Kirby would be my concern.  

Sure feels like everything is building up to a passing of the torch this Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Yep. I saw it some last year but very much this year. His best is behind him. Curious to see how long he hangs around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

To be fair, I support us being good at football and love the warm fuzzies. I just don’t get all of this. That’s all. 

we must have been watching a different coach the last few weeks. 

Eh, I'm still frustrated by the MSU and USC games in particular.  However our November tracks so similarly to Nick's first season in Tuscaloosa that I'm refusing to freak out.

Saturday kind of feels like Dye vs Tennessee in 1981 to me.  The game that shows we are on our way back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Yep they should but we all know it will be time for the annual Georgia choke job and they will lose, still make the playoffs and it will probably be a Bama-Georgia NC game. 

I can see this whole scenario playing out.  If it does it will be proof that God and ESPN truly hate most of America.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I can see this whole scenario playing out.  If it does it will be proof that God and ESPN truly hate most of America.

Hell some big time pundits are predicting it to happen even if Bama loses so🤷

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Eh, I'm still frustrated by the MSU and USC games in particular.  However our November tracks so similarly to Nick's first season in Tuscaloosa that I'm refusing to freak out.

Saturday kind of feels like Dye vs Tennessee in 1981 to me.  The game that shows we are on our way back.

I would agree but the thing Saban also did in his first year was RECRUIT, i'd have to go back and look but I believe he had a top 5 class.  I am hoping we turn out to have a better class that what is known now but if cannot recruit and get the talent to work with it won't matter much and continue to dig the hole we are in.  You need both of them to be successful, good coaching and good recruiting, we always seem to have one or the other.  I know we are not going to be consistently in the top 5 etc but you better be getting your fiar share of talent.  I am hopefully that recruiting starts to trend upwards and we get the talent that is needed.  As it is now I am not sure next year will be a whole lot different since we have a lot of holes to fill, hoping we can get some transfers for OL and other areas that need help.

:)

2 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I would agree but the thing Saban also did in his first year was RECRUIT, i'd have to go back and look but I believe he had a top 5 class.  I am hoping we turn out to have a better class that what is known now but if cannot recruit and get the talent to work with it won't matter much and continue to dig the hole we are in.  You need both of them to be successful, good coaching and good recruiting, we always seem to have one or the other.  I know we are not going to be consistently in the top 5 etc but you better be getting your fiar share of talent.  I am hopefully that recruiting starts to trend upwards and we get the talent that is needed.  As it is now I am not sure next year will be a whole lot different since we have a lot of holes to fill, hoping we can get some transfers for OL and other areas that need help.

It's easy to recruit when you are blatantly allowed to offer money, cars, suits and all kinds of stuff to get Julio and the gang to join up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

It's easy to recruit when you are blatantly allowed to offer money, cars, suits and all kinds of stuff to get Julio and the gang to join up. 

Eh I am not going to get in to all that, its water under the bridge but just stating the obvious that while Saban had a rough first year they were pulling in talent and building for the future.  This will probably not be a popular opinion but Bama does have an easier time at recruiting, with Bear Bryant etc, plus add the fact that Saban had been a coach at LSWho and so it was much easier for Saban to recruit.  All I was saying is we need to be able to recruit and compete for players and so far it's not looking that good. Still time to make some hay and I hope we turn it around, I want the coaches to be successful but you need some players to help that along. 

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Eh I am not going to get in to all that, its water under the bridge but just stating the obvious that while Saban had a rough first year they were pulling in talent and building for the future.  This will probably not be a popular opinion but Bama does have an easier time at recruiting, with Bear Bryant etc, plus add the fact that Saban had been a coach at LSWho and so it was much easier for Saban to recruit.  All I was saying is we need to be able to recruit and compete for players and so far it's not looking that good. Still time to make some hay and I hope we turn it around, I want the coaches to be successful but you need some players to help that along. 

We can't have an honest opinion of his early recruiting successes without that BIG piece of information. Once the table is set it is much easier to deliver "dinner". 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Not even worried.  Fully expecting to finish with a top 15 class + really start digging into the 2023 class that is shaping up to be outstanding.

Remember, Saban didn't have to recruit with Covid restrictions his first year either and there was no such thing as an early signing period back then.  This hasn't been a normal first 11 months on the job.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

We can't have an honest opinion of his early recruiting successes without that BIG piece of information. Once the table is set it is much easier to deliver "dinner". 

It's not relevant to today, that was the past and it is what it is. The reality is if Harsin does not recruit well it will be a much tougher job for him and if he doesn't succeed it will make it that much harder and longer for the next coach to come in an build things back up. I hope they are able to get the kids they need to make us better, I want the football program to succeed and get better for the long haul. :) 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not even worried.  Fully expecting to finish with a top 15 class + really start digging into the 2023 class that is shaping up to be outstanding.

Remember, Saban didn't have to recruit with Covid restrictions his first year either and there was no such thing as an early signing periof back then.  This hasn't been a normal first 11 months on the job.

Hope your right, hope they get the talent they need and start building things back up. :)

34 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Hell some big time pundits are predicting it to happen even if Bama loses so🤷

I believe it.  All while many of their fans excuse for the close win at Auburn was because they’re “down” this year. #derp.  In the media they’re always the best 1, 2 or 3 loss team in America but when they look crappy winning they’re “down” this year… just like the year before.

Edited by SRBautigerfan

13 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Well great for Harsin & staff they entered into the 1st inaugural season of NIL!!!!  Now players can be blatantly offered cash, cars, Buckelew's can offer free suits to every Auburn player they want to sign a deal with.  

Edited by keesler

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

It's not relevant to today, that was the past and it is what it is. The reality is if Harsin does not recruit well it will be a much tougher job for him and if he doesn't succeed it will make it that much harder and longer for the next coach to come in an build things back up. I hope they are able to get the kids they need to make us better, I want the football program to succeed and get better for the long haul. :) 

Then why make the comparison to Saban's first season at bama? You brought up that point.

His first class was bought and paid for

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Then the Auburn Admin & supporting cast (boosters) needs to be delivering DINNER to our players in the form of lucrative NIL contracts.  Pay the current players now & recruits will take notice quickly.  Prospects will know that they will be next in line for a big payday once they sign with Auburn, and they want a seat at the dinner table. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

Then why make the comparison to Saban's first season at bama? You brought up that point.

His first class was bought and paid for

All I was trying to say is that you cannot really compare the wins and losses between Saban and Harsin, IMHO they are not really comparable. Saban had a proven track record at LSWho and new how to recruit in the SEC and hit the ground running.  This is just my opinion, if you want to believe that Bama was the only program doing that and that Auburn was lily white well thats another discussion. All I was saying was however they did it they had a top recruiting class coming in and we currently are behind, hope we make up some ground and finish strong.

5 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin commands respect NOW because he’s Saban-like in his process/culture talk and rock-faced demeanor. If he can recruit, I think he’ll even start to scare them. If he can’t pick it up on that end, however, he’ll be Gus 2.0

Harsin doesn’t  scare anyone especially Nick Sabin. First time Nick goes against someone he isn’t sure how to play them. This just happened to be the worse NS coached team at Uat sine his first one there. He will fire his OC and find vine a new one. He probably will upgrade at QB as well. I’m blue and orange thru and thru but Harsin is not going to be successful here, that just the truth. To be sucessful you have to have a plan A and B, then followed by C,D,E and so on. You can’t leave any room open for doubt. That’s why Nick,Jimbo and short at UGA are successful and people like Mullen, Gus and Muschamp don’t fair well. 🤔

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

All I was trying to say is that you cannot really compare the wins and losses between Saban and Harsin, IMHO they are not really comparable. Saban had a proven track record at LSWho and new how to recruit in the SEC and hit the ground running.  This is just my opinion, if you want to believe that Bama was the only program doing that and that Auburn was lily white well thats another discussion. All I was saying was however they did it they had a top recruiting class coming in and we currently are behind, hope we make up some ground and finish strong.

We were not lily white. But every program NOT named bammer had a microscope up their wazooo.

The REC had the pipeline in place. They just needed a guy that could make things work. Saban was that guy. And the NCAA had/has a propensity to look opposite of where Saban is/was.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

We were not lily white. But every program NOT named bammer had a microscope up their wazooo.

The REC had the pipeline in place. They just needed a guy that could make things work. Saban was that guy. And the NCAA had/has a propensity to look opposite of where Saban is/was.

That's all history.

It's a New Day for college players and NIL opened the doors for program supporters to pour $$ to college players.  Auburn has had ample time to organize and educate everyone involved including our boosters and financial supporters on NIL.  Pay our current players through NIL, fill their wallets and highly rated prospects will wake up and take notice. 

Just now, keesler said:

That's all history.

It's a New Day for college players and NIL opened the doors for program supporters to pour $$ to college players.  Auburn has had ample time to organize and educate everyone involved including our boosters and financial supporters on NIL.  Pay our current players through NIL, fill their wallets and highly rated prospects will wake up and take notice. 

What does this have to do with Saban's first year of recruiting? THAT was the comparison. At THAT time, if you could get away with paying players, you had a HUGE advantage.

As it sits today,  the playing field is supposedly back even with the new NIL rules.