Feedback from Bama Fans

TJRanger175

16 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

I was talking to a Bama fan and he remarked that Auburn is going to be very dangerous once the talent gap is made up.

I've been talking to my Bama friends (grads, not Bammers...there's a difference), Harsin kinda scares them because of his mentality and singular focus. Weather or not that plays out for our future success remains to be seen but, it slightly (SLIGHTLY) reaffirms my confidence in what Harsin & Co are trying to build.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, selias said:

I've been talking to my Bama friends (grads, not Bammers...there's a difference), Harsin kinda scares them because of his mentality and singular focus. 

Yes- huge difference.

They are concerned about Harsin. 

BTW- they had no such concern the last couple of coaches we had.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TJRanger175 said:

Yes- huge difference.

They are concerned about Harsin. 

BTW- they had no such concern the last couple of coaches we had.

We went toe to toe with them playing their own game with a 2nd string QB. No Mickey Mouse high school coach nonsense.

They're concerned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TJRanger175 said:

I was looking for Coach Harsin’s post game presser and came across one from the Bama YT page:

What is interesting to me is the comments.

There were a few Homer comments, but the majority of them were overwhelmingly positive towards Auburn.

It was kind of weird seeing so many Bama fans more respectful of Harsin’s coaching ability than some of the people on here.

I was talking to a Bama fan and he remarked that Auburn is going to be very dangerous once the talent gap is made up.

@passthebiscuits says it ain’t happening…🤷

• Haha 2

PassTB doesn't get the warm fuzzies from Harsin walking in the complex. Culture change.

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

@passthebiscuits says it ain’t happening…🤷

My bammer friends blame their own team more than giving ours credit. And I get that. Lots and lots of mental mistakes from them kept us in the game. They expect to get dragged by uga Saturday.

As for Harsin, though, they've been quiet all season. And that means they respect him. I don't know if they're nervous, but they respect him.

As for a post-saban bama, they want Cristobal. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

PassTB doesn't get the warm fuzzies from Harsin walking in the complex. Culture change.

FWIW, it seems that is just who Harsin is.  When I was on vacation last spring on the Oregon coast, I saw someone in Boise gear at my hotel.  Asked what they thought of Harsin.

Turns out, the lady happened to be the VP of communications at Boise.  Told me a story of Harsin sitting right next to her for hours at a charity thing for the school and he had zero interest in getting to know anyone.

Seems like a very singular-minded dude.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My bammer friends blame their own team more than giving ours credit. And I get that. Lots and lots of mental mistakes from them kept us in the game. They expect to get dragged by uga Saturday.

As for Harsin, though, they've been quiet all season. And that means they respect him. I don't know if they're nervous, but they respect him.

As for a post-saban bama, they want Cristobal. 

PLEASE let them do something that stupid.  Dude can recruit, but he's good for 2 losses a year even with superior talent.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Harsin commands respect NOW because he’s Saban-like in his process/culture talk and rock-faced demeanor. If he can recruit, I think he’ll even start to scare them. If he can’t pick it up on that end, however, he’ll be Gus 2.0

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

FWIW, it seems that is just who Harsin is.  When I was on vacation last spring on the Oregon coast, I saw someone in Boise gear at my hotel.  Asked what they thought of Harsin.

Turns out, the lady happened to be the VP of communications at Boise.  Told me a story of Harsin sitting right next to her for hours at a charity thing for the school and he had zero interest in getting to know anyone.

Well in fairness it was probably boring as hell, he probably wanted to be at home or his office doing stuff other then that lol 

The 85 percenters are blaming the refs and themselves, the 15 percenters realize that Harsin just did one of his better coaching jobs this season given how our last month had went plus injuries. 

This was a weird season. I'm not as high on Harsin as I was a month ago, but I also don't have the usual, "we are stuck here" feeling that I've had in previous years.

Patience. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They expect to get dragged by uga Saturday.

Yep they should but we all know it will be time for the annual Georgia choke job and they will lose, still make the playoffs and it will probably be a Bama-Georgia NC game. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

This idea that Saban is somehow afraid, concerned or worried about Harsin @ Auburn is just bizarre. The same could be said regarding Pittman at Arkansas in his/their eyes and probably would hold more weight in reality but it's doubtful either are true. We played a good game against them this year and so have a lot of teams this year. 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yep they should but we all know it will be time for the annual Georgia choke job and they will lose, still make the playoffs and it will probably be a Bama-Georgia NC game. 

Oh I'm all over Bama and the money line at +200

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This tracks with general sentiment I've heard expressed on the webz and what I've perceived myself. As long as he can still see the shaking hands and kissing babies part of the job as a necessary evil/means to an end and do it better than the last guy, then I don't care. But the above anecdote doesn't exactly paint that picture.

As curmudgeonly as saban* can seem in public appearances, he's famously personable and charismatic when he needs to be. I hope Harsin can similarly toggle that feature on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Sorry….what did I miss? Says what’s not happening?

That Harsin is NOT gonna work out at AU.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

This idea that Saban is somehow afraid, concerned or worried about Harsin @ Auburn is just bizarre. The same could be said regarding Pittman at Arkansas in his/their eyes and probably would hold more weight in reality but it's doubtful either are true. We played a good game against them this year and so have a lot of teams this year. 

I don't think Saban is afraid of anyone.

The fans show concern because of the increased competition.

I think Saban welcomes the competition.

• Like 2