Harsin saying 6-6 is not a good first year.

autiger88

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Since where we rank today has a lot to do with how many good players we bring in, yes I'll be concerned.  If we are ranked #13 in the SEC on the high school listings, what makes you think we will do any better with the transfers? We picked up a few last year and so did everybody else. There's no rational reason to think that we'll score a 10 in getting transfers while everybody else gets a 5 or less.

"But you're playing the equivalent of an analog game in a digital world..."  Back away from the Jimmy Buffett tunes for a while, Junior. You are in over your head.

The assumption we clean everything up in the portal worries me too. I’m sure we will do fine and hopefully we do great. But the truly elite guys will likely go to the top 5 or so schools from the HS recruiting rankings. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Since where we rank today has a lot to do with how many good players we bring in, yes I'll be concerned.  If we are ranked #13 in the SEC on the high school listings, what makes you think we will do any better with the transfers? We picked up a few last year and so did everybody else. There's no rational reason to think that we'll score a 10 in getting transfers while everybody else gets a 5 or less.

"But you're playing the equivalent of an analog game in a digital world..."  Back away from the Jimmy Buffett tunes for a while, Junior. You are in over your head.

Anyone you're willing to call Junior most certainly isn't listening to Jimmy Buffett.

Again, have fun being chicken little.  Being ranked 13th in the SEC today means nothing.  More interested about where we are when all is said and done in early February.

As for "what makes me think we'll do any better with transfers", I literally gave you an example of what happened last year at Michigan State.  But you chose to ignore that in order to keep yelling at clouds.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hey I take great offense to that statement there is nothing wrong with listening to Jimmy 🤣

jimmy-buffett.gif

Edited by autiger88

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Hey I take great offense to that statement there is nothing wrong with listening to Jimmy 🤣

jimmy-buffett.gif

But its nobodies fault,

well, it could be my fault,

its my own da*n fault.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Being ranked 13th in the SEC today means nothing.

It means we are currently behind 12 other SEC schools. Also behind 39 total schools. (Rivals)  Come from behind wins are the hardest, it's much easier to succeed if one doesn't start from the bottom of the pile. We are currently at the bottom of the pile compared to our competition.

Even Gus Malzahn at G5 UCF is ahead of Auburn at this point. He has all the same excuses that Auburn has had, plus he's in a place where attracting 4 and 5* players is uncommon. 

Our recruiting is not going well. Other schools that faced the same situation that AU faces are ahead of us. Anybody that thinks that is insignificant is whistling past a graveyard.

Again, will we finish better than we are now? Almost certainly. Will we finish strong enough to keep up with our competition? Very, very doubtful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

jimmy-buffett.gif

If you're under 40, there is very much something wrong

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It means we are currently behind 12 other SEC schools. Also behind 39 total schools. (Rivals)  Come from behind wins are the hardest, it's much easier to succeed if one doesn't start from the bottom of the pile. We are currently at the bottom of the pile compared to our competition.

Even Gus Malzahn at G5 UCF is ahead of Auburn at this point. He has all the same excuses that Auburn has had, plus he's in a place where attracting 4 and 5* players is uncommon. 

Our recruiting is not going well. Other schools that faced the same situation that AU faces are ahead of us. Anybody that thinks that is insignificant is whistling past a graveyard.

Again, will we finish better than we are now? Almost certainly. Will we finish strong enough to keep up with our competition? Very, very doubtful.

I don’t think I disagree with you in terms of “keeping up with our competition” if we’re talking strictly from a HS players standpoint.

With the Transfer Portal being a normal thing in college football, I think you *can* keep up with our competition by combining HS recruiting with the Transfer portal.

Not necessarily long term, but in a cycle where we were behind the 8ball, I think we’ll be just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you're under 40, there is very much something wrong

I am under 40 thank you, I listened to him growing up with my dad. There's nothing wrong with listening to Jimmy Buffett 🤷 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I am under 40 thank you, I listened to him growing up with my dad. There's nothing wrong with listening to Jimmy Buffett 🤷 

Well sure there'a nothing wrong if you have terrible taste in music.

Nostalgia I get.  Listening because its "good"?  Nope, don't understand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh please dazzle us with your preferred choice in music.  

8 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Oh please dazzle us with your preferred choice in music.  

I listen to a wide variety.  Anything from Old country (Willie, Waylon, Haggard), to Sinatra, to early hip-hop, to metal, to modern blues/rock (think Gary Clark Jr or Alabama Shakes).

Just find Buffett grating on the ears though.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I respectfully disagree and I know I'm not the only one. His album sales prove it so....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I listen to a wide variety.  Anything from Old country (Willie, Waylon, Haggard), to Sinatra, to early hip-hop, to metal, to modern blues/rock (think Gary Clark Jr or Alabama Shakes).

Just find Buffett grating on the ears though.

Ok this I can agree with, that's some great taste in music. I'm the same way I love all kinds of music except for today's pop music if you can even call it music it's more just repeating the same line over and over again 🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2