Harsin saying 6-6 is not a good first year.

autiger88

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

God I'm gonna have so much fun trolling you when our recruiting class turns out to be just fine.

Wow, you just said: “going to have so much fun trolling me”

I mean, you just said that! Wow, just wow!

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

We don't have one fewer on the trail.  We are allowed to use a substitute since there is a coaching vacancy, thus Trevon Reed has been doing recruiting as that guy.

As Golf mentioned, recruiting hasn't been hurt by not having an OC.  If anything, its gotten better since Bobo left.  Harsin is an offensive guy and recruits know the type of system that will be used.

We shall see soon enough.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

God I'm gonna have so much fun trolling you when our recruiting class turns out to be just fine.

Please post a definition of "just fine".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Please post a definition of "just fine".

Not hard to find if you look through my posts.  Been saying for a week that we'll finish fringe top 15, but definitely top 20.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not hard to find if you look through my posts.  Been saying for a week that we'll finish fringe top 15, but definitely top 20.

The real tell will be the balance and the staying power. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The real tell will be the balance and the staying power. 

This is so key.  We've had some highly ranked classes, but when you dig into them, a bunch of our highest ranked recruits have left after a year or two.  Recruiting rankings mean nothing if you can't develop and keep those guys on campus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would be stoked with that this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I would be stoked with that this year.

Same.  The key is really next year.  2023 is looking like a top 10 class with top 5 potential.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It befuddles me that anyone hasn't put that dude on ignore yet. 

I have considered this but would miss the entertaining lunacy of 90% of the posts. It's like eating Doritos- you know nothing good is coming from it but you just can't stop (and, yes, I just did a grave disservice to Dorito's there).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I have considered this but would miss the entertaining lunacy of 90% of the posts. It's like eating Doritos- you know nothing good is coming from it but you just can't stop (and, yes, I just did a grave disservice to Dorito's there).

Yeah bro I'm into some real weird ish too, ngl

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Anyone else heard they're supposed to announce the new OC this afternoon?  Prolly just rumor anyways.

It has been eerily quiet today...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Anyone else heard they're supposed to announce the new OC this afternoon?  Prolly just rumor anyways.

They better not, it would shut down all the WWE and "insider" nonsense on the other thread!   Pls no - 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So for you, top 20, will be "just fine". That's a mighty low bar, but if it makes you happy.......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Considering:

* The staff spent the first half of the year forging new relationships under COVID restrictions,

* That portal transfers don't count towards the standings and we could very well get some immediate impact players there, and

* 2023 looks REALLY strong...

Yeah, its fine.  You want to complain?  Watch where Florida ends up this year.  Some of y'all think a program is built in a day.  It's not.  Harsin & team are apparently taking a long term approach and building this thing brick by brick.  Something we've desperately needed instead of just slapping band aids on all the time.

That one hasn't made it to advanced concepts like context yet.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

We do not allow rumored rumors on here. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Considering:

* The staff spent the first half of the year forging new relationships under COVID restrictions,

* That portal transfers don't count towards the standings and we could very well get some immediate impact players there, and

Yeah, its fine.  You want to complain?  Watch where Florida ends up this year.  Some of y'all think a program is built in a day.  It's not.  Harsin & team are apparently taking a long term approach and building this thing brick by brick.  Something we've desperately needed instead of just slapping band aids on all the time.

Remember who you're talking to.

• Haha 1

Considering:

I don’t think your first point has been stated enough. 

A brand new coaching staff was not able to meet any recruits face to face until July and they are very likely going to pull a top 20 class with good potential for top 15.

To spell that out for the chicken littles, that is less than 6 months. Most of these guys they are closing in on have been recruited by most every other coaching staff for years. For Harsin and co. to make as much headway as they have in that little amount of time is impressive. I don’t understand how you can’t feel optimistic about recruiting moving forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pat Fossum said:

I don’t think your first point has been stated enough. 

A brand new coaching staff was not able to meet any recruits face to face until July and they are very likely going to pull a top 20 class with good potential for top 15.

To spell that out for the chicken littles, that is less than 6 months. Most of these guys they are closing in on have been recruited by most every other coaching staff for years. For Harsin and co. to make as much headway as they have in that little amount of time is impressive. I don’t understand how you can’t feel optimistic about recruiting moving forward.

We're just now seeing the in home visit tweets for the first time since CBH was hired. Crazy.

Harsin & team are apparently taking a long term approach and building this thing brick by brick. 

Ah, the Butch Davis/Tennessee approach

• Haha 1