Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Tbh the HC search last year should show everyone that “insiders” no longer have access to this program and all year long you hear NOTHING from the team outside of what coaches and players said directly. Yea it’s fun to speculate about names mentioned but don’t be surprised if it’s someone that we haven’t even thought of

• Like 2

If he hires this guy and we don’t get any of our big time offensive recruits, woah nelly, things are going to get nasty in my personal opinion of Harsin.

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

What choice do we have? I mean we can complain? Or become a fan of another school? Other than that we are just fans. May as well think positively. 

LOL what? I have never said I was going to turn in my Auburn card. I have said already two times over it may absolutely work. But to sit here and say " I should blindly accept that it would work?" No. I have never been that way. I go off objectivity and subjectivity and weigh it out for discussion. If you are at a point where you are find with just blindly accepting it. That is cool, but don't get on people who want to discuss the pros and cons of the potential hire. You aren't even carrying a debatable conversation.

2 minutes ago, au3488 said:

I'm not a troll. I'm just trying to put it out there what is going on. Tfwiw is all I'm saying. 

After he wins a national championship this year… 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

LOL what? I have never said I was going to turn in my Auburn card. I have said already two times over it may absolutely work. But to sit here and say " I should blindly accept that it would work?" No. I have never been that way. I go off objectivity and subjectivity and weigh it out for discussion. If you are at a point where you are find with just blindly accepting it. That is cool, but don't get on people who want to discuss the pros and cons of the potential hire. You aren't even carrying a debatable conversation.

Ok

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

He's almost a decade younger than Dinky for god's sake.

This dude made a brand new account to act like he knows something. Come on guys……….

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Let me put it this way, you don't have to be Urban Meyer when tOSU hired him, but you'd better be Urban Meyer when Florida hired him

Interesting thought. Their resumes prior to UF and AU are eerily similar. Both Harsin and Meyer had high winning  percentages in the Mountain West, some conference titles there, some bowl wins, and both had a Fiesta bowl win. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

This dude made a brand new account to act like he knows something. Come on guys……….

I'd say Dunning Kruger, but I think that's way too generous for this guy.

@Gowebb11: The difference is that Utah wasn't much of anything before Urbs got there. Guy was the hottest name out there in late 2004.

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What choice do we have? I mean we can complain? Or become a fan of another school? Other than that we are just fans. May as well think positively. 

What the hell would being an Auburn fan mean if we didn’t have an opportunity to b*tch and moan a few times a year? That’s our most important yearly thing to do. We will constantly be depressed and miserable about football happenings and the school will continue to do things to make us miserable. It’s as constant as Newton’s third law.

• Like 1

If it is Hill why wait to announce? 

If it is Hill how important is recruiting to Harsin?

There is no spin to this. This team has proven they have little ability to recruit against the major competition and your going to hire another outsider that brings the same still set  as Harsin? 

Edited by shabby
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

If it is Hill why wait to announce? 

If it is Hill how important is recruiting to Harsin?

There is no spin to this. This team has proven they have little ability to recruit against the major competition and your going to hire another outside that brings the same still self as Harsin? 

They’re getting Hill to make sure he’s clean. Our only hope now is that they find something 😂

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Some are going to try and spin it but we're still going to be running the same offense under Zak Hill. Nothing really changes. Hill will call some different plays than Bobo but the schemes are going to be the same. We're still running Harsin's offense. This is like blaming Chad Morris, Rhett Lashlee, or Chip Lindsay for our offensive problems under Gus when they all ran his offense with just a few different wrinkles and variations from each of them. The offense never really changed no matter who the OC was.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

After he wins a national championship this year… 

Who? Harsin? If so please tell me how you think that? 

5 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Yeah it's new so what? I had an old account. Couldn't remember my login so I created a new one. My bad. Didn't realize me trying to tell y'all something meant I was a troll. I'm really not trying to be, I wish I could be more optimistic but the signs are there and from what is being said they arent good for the FT or The BBall team. The Bot and the money people aren't willing to pay out money for either. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, au3488 said:

Who? Harsin? If so please tell me how you think that? 

Yeah it's new so what? I had an old account. Couldn't remember my login so I created a new one. My bad. Didn't realize me trying to tell y'all something meant I was a troll. I'm really not trying to be, I wish I could be more optimistic but the signs are there and from what is being said they arent good for the FT or The BBall team. The Bot and the money people aren't willing to pay out money for either. 

big-lebowski-stirring.gif

8 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Some are going to try and spin it but we're still going to be running the same offense under Zak Hill. Nothing really changes. Hill will call some different plays than Bobo but the schemes are going to be the same. We're still running Harsin's offense. This is like blaming Chad Morris, Rhett Lashlee, or Chip Lindsay for our offensive problems under Gus when they all ran his offense with just a few different wrinkles and variations from each of them. The offense never really changed no matter who the OC was.

^Liked this so much I’m reposting. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

But you’re right…sometimes the end result is a surprise. For instance, Mario C was our coach to be for two years and then took a right turn at the last minute. Did that make the “insider” info incorrect? Guess it just depends on perspective. 

Go on?

Guest MustardSeed

Just gonna drop this here. Hill’s offense versus a bad Oregon St this year. We literally fired Bobo for being better than this

8A0992FF-66AB-4840-A720-B368CFBE0D6D.png

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Tbh, if someone did know something and posts on a message board, they are either mercilessly mocked or jeopardize the deal to begin with. 

But you’re right…sometimes the end result is a surprise. For instance, Mario C was our coach to be for two years and then took a right turn at the last minute. Did that make the “insider” info incorrect? Guess it just depends on perspective. 

I think if the general public knew all the big names that have come and gone through Auburn in the past decade being wined and dined for a job, we would all be shocked…and depressed. 

That kinda goes along with my point. I’m sure there are a select few that do know the short list but also know the responsibility that goes along with that information.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

I don’t have a pay site account but apparently the ASU boards are claiming Hill told the team he took the AU job. Just a rumor at this point but there is a whole lot of stinky smoke building on this one

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Tbh, if someone did know something and posts on a message board, they are either mercilessly mocked or jeopardize the deal to begin with. 

I think if the general public knew all the big names that have come and gone through Auburn in the past decade being wined and dined for a job, we would all be shocked…and depressed. 

Well that's good to hear, because sometimes I'm not sure the PTB know what they are doing. Go's to show, as fans, we really don't have the whole story.

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What the hell would being an Auburn fan mean if we didn’t have an opportunity to b*tch and moan a few times a year? That’s our most important yearly thing to do. We will constantly be depressed and miserable about football happenings and the school will continue to do things to make us miserable. It’s as constant as Newton’s third law.

What is Cam’s 3rd law?

• Haha 1