Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Bobo was a good ole boy hire. The offenses did not mesh. 
Why don’t you have a little faith until we see how it turns out? The last 4 OCs have been terrible. Maybe this will be better. 
I am going to think positive. 
We STILL need to hire recruiters. I would offer Dell anything he wanted to get him to come to Auburn. Just to recruit.

Bobo also had a recruiting edge and considered a decent QB coach, hence why most gave it the benefit of a doubt..  So instead of you saying I have little, give me one glaring advantage hiring hill would have other than he worked with CBH at Boise? Another Dell McGee Disciple. LET IT GO. THAT IS NEVER HAPPENING. You say I have little faith, but you are living in dreamland. Dell McGee is Jon Gruden.

Edited by DAG

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Bobo was a good ole boy hire. The offenses did not mesh. 
Why don’t you have a little faith until we see how it turns out? The last 4 OCs have been terrible. Maybe this will be better. 
I am going to think positive. 
We STILL need to hire recruiters. I would offer Dell anything he wanted to get him to come to Auburn. Just to recruit.

I'd welcome him with open arms for HC next time we have a coaching search.

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Why are people freaking out? He has not even coached a game at AU yet. 
Yes he may be terrible, or he may be fantastic. This place is sad sometimes.

JABA 

EDIT: We need recruiters gosh darn it

Edited by Taco

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

So let's look at your logic here. So you are telling me to have blind faith on a guy who objective has not been inherently successful since he has been a stand alone OC. Yet, you are arguing we should pay Dell anything he wants just to recruit? This is a riot. If you are going to do that, find the best OC available who can do BOTH and drop a blank check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's going to probably be like it was at Boise in 2019. Zak Hill and Eric Kiesau are going to be Co-OC.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So let's look at your logic here. So you are telling me to have blind faith on a guy who objective has not been inherently successful since he has been a stand alone OC. Yet, you are arguing we should pay Dell anything he wants just to recruit? This is a riot. If you are going to do that, find the best OC available who can do BOTH and drop a blank check.

With how bad our recruiting has been can you blame people for not being desperate?

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

With how bad our recruiting has been can you blame people for not being desperate?

No, but have some common sense in the stuff you are saying and at least have something to back it up with. This guy might actually be the best to come to Auburn, but based on all the other candidates, I can't find a single thing I can point to other than he coached with CBH for a  couple of years or so at Boise. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Why are people freaking out? He has not even coached a game at AU yet. 
Yes he may be terrible, or he may be fantastic. This place is sad sometimes.

We have a large enough serving size of him to know that he won’t be fantastic. He will likely be as good as Bobo or a little better and I don’t see at all how he even moves the needle on recruiting. It’s just not a good hire, imo. Very bland.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, au3488 said:

It will be announced Monday and Zak Hill will be OC. I don't like it one bit, but what can you do 🤣.

Harsin was always a big gamble. He’s obviously been given leave to play this his way and we will see. There’s a big difference between Boise and the SEC and we saw that exemplified in his first year. 

All of this “culture” talk had better pan out because excitement has come crashing back down to earth. The honeymoon is over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We have a large enough serving size of him to know that he won’t be fantastic. He will likely be as good as Bobo or a little better and I don’t see at all how he even moves the needle on recruiting. It’s just not a good hire, imo. Very bland.

Right. I am not saying we will suck with him. I am saying this idea that we should just blindly follow someone is ridiculous. This could very well work on the basis that they all are comfortable with each other, but right now I have no reason to believe that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin was always a big gamble. He’s obviously been given leave to play this his way and we will see. There’s a big difference between Boise and the SEC and we saw that exemplified in his first year. 

All of this “culture” talk had better pan out because excitement has come crashing back down to earth. The honeymoon is over.

Yup. People actually thought some nebulous "culture change" would actually compensate for the fact that he was a nobody to recruits. And you don't necessarily have to be from the south to attract them, but you'd better be a hot name--I would've LOVED Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell. Let me put it this way, you don't have to be Urban Meyer when tOSU hired him, but you'd better be Urban Meyer when Florida hired him.

Edited by AUwent

To make matters even gloomier, Bama just won another SECC. What else is new. Auburn is such a loser a** football program now. 

image.gif.d1cf185d9a3946a9a0a7b80476f68747.gif

• Like 2

Just now, aucom96 said:

Oh it won't, there are already problems in the locker room and the athletic department. So we are gonna suck, you might as well get used to it. We are about to be Tennessee and be the new Kentucky. But we can go ahead and start a new thread about who our new HC will be after next year. Also with the way things are going with Bball don't expect Bruce to be here next year either. Just prepare for a long miserable time of being an AU fan. 

11 minutes ago, au3488 said:

It will be announced Monday and Zak Hill will be OC. I don't like it one bit, but what can you do 🤣.

Can you be any more obvious that you’re a troll? 

• Like 2

Just now, au3488 said:

Also with the way things are going with Bball don't expect Bruce to be here next year either. Just prepare for a long miserable time of being an AU fan. 

I don’t think Bruce would leave us at this point. He’s spent a long time building this thing and he’s getting up there in age, so I don’t see a blue blood going after him. I think he retires at Auburn

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wow IMO some people take this too seriously. I am not in charge nor do I have a say so…. So I will choose to remain positive. 
Hill has not been hired yet but if he is, I will be happy about it until he gives me a reason not to… hahaha

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think Bruce would leave us at this point. He’s spent a long time building this thing and he’s getting up there in age, so I don’t see a blue blood going after him. I think he retires at Auburn

Pearl Arena

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Wow IMO some people take this too seriously. I am not in charge nor do I have a say so…. So I will choose to remain positive. 
Hill has not been hired yet but if he is, I will be happy about it until he gives me a reason not to… hahaha

You take this serious too. You are posting here on a Saturday night, right? You can keep deflecting but when I ask for some objective data to reinforce the idea you are pushing, that is fair game. If you do not have anything just say so.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Can you be any more obvious that you’re a troll? 

I'm not a troll. I'm just trying to put it out there what is going on. Tfwiw is all I'm saying. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right. I am not saying we will suck with him. I am saying this idea that we should just blindly follow someone is ridiculous. This could very well work on the basis that they all are comfortable with each other, but right now I have no reason to believe that. 

What choice do we have? I mean we can complain? Or become a fan of another school? Other than that we are just fans. May as well think positively. 

What shady fans.. Auburn will be fine.. You may be suprised at who the hire is.. chill until it is announced.. then back whoever it is.. we need stability over someone in and out every year.. hire someone solid who will hang around for years is what we need.. War Eagle!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think Bruce either retires after this year or he does leave. TFWIW.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You take this serious too. You are posting here on a Saturday night, right? You can keep deflecting but when I ask for some objective data to reinforce the idea you are pushing, that is fair game. If you do not have anything just say so.

I choose to remain positive. You have no idea how this will turn out. Unless you have the book from back to the future.

Just now, au3488 said:

I think Bruce either retires after this year or he does leave. TFWIW.

He's almost a decade younger than Dinky for god's sake.