Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

6 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

You think he’s not a money grabbing coach? Wait until Mobile tosses heavy change his way. 

There was enough ways for me to say “no, nope, negative” to this one.

Rumor around here are there are some pictures that may have in some hot water soon.

And he’s a Saban buddy, feeding that program. I’d imagine more money grabbing here.

Agree on freeman.  He’s a great HS offensive mind but is full bammer.  Plus his son-in-law is his DC at Thompson.  Any freeman boys ever went to AU?

Edited by TigerPAC

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah that zebra behind the end zone is trying to figure out if he wants to order brown or white gravy at Cracker Barrel after the game.

Or, how good he will look in that new Charger

• Like 3

So to this list we add Craig and everyone else is still in the running?  What's everyones rank order...mine is Grimes, Lebby, Ruggiero and then everyone else.   I like Craig; but not for the OC role.  Outstanding recruiter...but I haven't seen anything from his time at TAMU that indicates he is ready for the OC role or is having an outsized influence on that staff other than recruiting related.  

As for the "everyone else" list; I don't think these guys would be a disaster; just not home run hires.  I think Grimes, Lebby or Ruggiero are in a different class to the others.

Anyone with scoop on the below list?

Hill

Harrel

Ludwig

Lebby

Grimes

Ruggiero

Edited by japantiger

5 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah that zebra behind the end zone is trying to figure out if he wants to order brown or white gravy at Cracker Barrel after the game.

If you watch it in real time the RB was also holding on that play

7 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Agree on freeman.  He’s a great HS offensive mind but is full bammer.  Plus his son-in-law is his DC at Thompson.  Any freeman boys ever went to AU?

McGuire and Pate. 
Both are Auburn fans, and walked on. 

11 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

You think he’s not a money grabbing coach? Wait until Mobile tosses heavy change his way. 

There was enough ways for me to say “no, nope, negative” to this one.

Rumor around here are there are some pictures that may have in some hot water soon.

And he’s a Saban buddy, feeding that program. I’d imagine more money grabbing here.

He’s definitely a snake.  That’s well-known in HS coaching circles.  I mean you tell me how Thompson goes from total garbage before he got there to juggernaut all of a sudden?  

Also, word on the street is that he is about to retire from public schools and take the St. Paul’s job.  That would probably pay him upwards of 200k in addition to retirement benefits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

If you watch it in real time the RB was also holding on that play

I’m all for not calling holding if it doesn’t affect the outcome of the play, but the one on Moultry definitely did just that.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
22 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

Additionally, you can be an effective recruiter and still not be the “lead” recruiter. While the lead recruiter gets all the credit, they rarely do it all alone.

While true, 247 documents who the lead and secondary recruiters are and when you click on a coaches profile it lists both 

Guest MustardSeed
16 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

And judging by that dunlap he got both 😂

Guest MustardSeed

Well, if we’re looking to make an announcement with the highest visibility then it’s within the next 2 hours or so, before halftime of the SECCG. 🤞

54 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Photos from the game tying drive.

That's holding in the end zone, safety, and ballgame if it's called fairly.

262044092_4892846167415927_1629847102641108277_n.jpg

261463456_10220673274929512_802969599825190173_n.jpg

Thanks, Eagle-1. Wow! There’s a big difference, imo, between a missed call and one the refs don’t miss, they see the penalty but choose to help determine the outcome of the game. Wow. So not a missed call, a flat out ignored call. Now I know. The 4Q drive that had multiple missed calls to benefit uat, had multiple, egregious, as plain as the nose on your face, ignored calls. 

Again, I apologize for getting off topic, but really appreciate y’all getting me up to speed under the circumstances. 

Not expecting it, but still holding an outside hope Jeff Grimes is our next OC. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yep. Safety, ballgame over.

Absolutely. The officials have more sway in games of late, and it’s getting old. They’re influencing the outcome of games more and more. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
15 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Absolutely. The officials have more sway in games of late, and it’s getting old. They’re influencing the outcome of games more and more. 

They’ve done it for decades. SEC officials always protect the teams they expect to get to the high money post season games. How in the world the ADs of most of the SEC haven’t stood up and demanded change is beyond me

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Still think it will be Hill but I would like Grimes. 

Seems to be, but a head scratcher that Harsin would wait this long to announce, knowing Hill has not coached since last week.

Only holdup I can think of is that Harsin, as someone said is vetting him, and needed to talk to some coaches coaching in today's games.

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Seems to be, but a head scratcher that Harsin would wait this long to announce, knowing Hill has not coached since last week.

Only holdup I can think of is that Harsin, as someone said is vetting him, and needed to talk to some coaches coaching in today's games.

If we’ve waiting for this long and he announces Zak Hill I’m probably going to cry. No lie. 

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If we’ve waiting for this long and he announces Zak Hill I’m probably going to cry. No lie. 

Early signing day is closing in fast and we are just throwing away time if it’s  him. If he needed to be vetted that should have been done by the time Bobo was fired, especially since he literally coached with Harsin this time two years ago.  Honestly if NCAA issues are even an option Hill should off the list

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I agree. It really makes no sense why we have not hired him yet if he is the man.

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree. It really makes no sense why we have not hired him yet if he is the man.

Aren’t they under investigation?   Can’t hire someone that may be blackballed without vetting 

19 minutes ago, lala said:

Aren’t they under investigation?   Can’t hire someone that may be blackballed without vetting 

Anyone have access to Arizona State 247? Supposedly there is news.