Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’m fairly certain it’s going to be Zak Hill. Could be wrong, but it makes sense.

Except there’s literally no reason to not have announced that already unless we were pressing for someone better and struck out. Announcing him at this point just announces failure IMO

If it’s going to be Zak Hill, why not just promote Keisau and hire a WR coach who can recruit? It would be like Harsin was actively trying to make recruiting as hard as humanly possible.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, fishepa said:

WKU QB had 577 yards passing. 😱 

2 failed scoring drives can be blamed on their center alone 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
15 minutes ago, fishepa said:

WKU QB had 577 yards passing. 😱 

I’ll take their passing game for sure. If it ended up that guy then there’s certainly gonna have to be some blend with Harsin to create a running game too.  Still think Grimes is the best option but of the candidates mentioned I think this guy may be #2

Edited by MustardSeed

Guest MustardSeed
21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If it’s going to be Zak Hill, why not just promote Keisau and hire a WR coach who can recruit? It would be like Harsin was actively trying to make recruiting as hard as humanly possible.

Yep. Hill would be the worst hire of literally every name mentioned. It’s one thing to hire a relatively unknown guy. It’s another to hire one that gives no real reason for recruits to get excited. 

The next OC is going to have to be adaptable and mold his scheme to their strengths until we get personnel that fits. Ludwig is a safe choice imo but he better bring some of his Utah mauler linemen with him. Kittley we'd need receivers and probably an air raid system QB.

At a minimum, at least Hill and Harsin click well. What he has at ASU has not been a great fit, and I don't think he and Herm mesh well. That said, definitely not sold on him 

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Except there’s literally no reason to not have announced that already unless we were pressing for someone better and struck out. Announcing him at this point just announces failure IMO

Except there is reason to not announced it seeing as Arizona State is under investigation by the NCAA and they’re background checking and vetting him. 

I didn’t watch after halftime basically, but the passing IQ and ball placement of that QB was the most impressive thing to me. He constantly schemed guys open (with the lesser talented team I might add), but that QB was deadly accurate on anything that wasn’t of the back shoulder variety. If you could get him in a Joe Brady PGC capacity and pair him with Dell as OC, you have a very dangerous situation. Very very dangerous

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Yall think Auburn could beat UTSA on a neutral field?

I think UTSA is better than South Carolina 

I think WKU has about as bad an OL as we do. I also don’t think we could optimize skill position talent as well as this Kittley guy does. Shame he’s probably making like 500k and Bobo + Friend are gonna get paid millions to sit on their ass and be bad at what they do 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think UTSA is better than South Carolina 

I think WKU has about as bad an OL as we do. I also don’t think we could optimize skill position talent as well as this Kittley guy does. Shame he’s probably making like 500k and Bobo + Friend are gonna get paid millions to sit on their ass and be bad at what they do 

Currently paid 200k…

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Except there is reason to not announced it seeing as Arizona State is under investigation by the NCAA and they’re background checking and vetting him. 

So he’s the worst hire possible of everyone named thus far and he might have NCAA baggage?  Awesome. 

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, DAG said:

577 yards passing and -9 rushing . Seems legit. The pirate must’ve gave CBH ptsd or something. 

In their defense they were behind almost the entire game so running was less of an option but yes, running game would be a concern 

58 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So he’s the worst hire possible of everyone named thus far and he might have NCAA baggage?  Awesome. 

If you don't like how the sausage is made (or watching slow-mo train wrecks), don't look. 

Over time, you can learn to embrace the horror that is the Auburn Football Program hiring method.  Plus, there's new meds out now that make the facial tics barely noticeable.

• Haha 4
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Over time, you can learn to embrace the horror that is the Auburn Football Program hiring method.  

Let's be honest, there is some truth in this.

But what is more farcical is just reading the posts and the sky is falling attitude here.  So many things I could say, but...

If it is Zac Hill, the offense will be Harsin's.  The QB play will be, AT LEAST, as good as last season (This is the guy that played 3 QBs in 2019, and all were prepared and the drop off was not that great), and we will see the end of the second half droughts with the offense.

The guy has a plan, and he is invested, much more than all of us who are emotionally invested.  I hated the bad play and the four straight losses this season, but not anywhere as much as he.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

The guy has a plan, and he is invested, much more than all of us who are emotionally invested.  I hated the bad play and the four straight losses this season, but not anywhere as much as he.

He's pulling down 5 mill a year to do so. 

He has to recruit. I'll wait and see on whoever he hires, but if it's Hill... it's hard to see how that puts us in a better position in recruiting then we were in with Bobo. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

He's pulling down 5 mill a year to do so. 

He has to recruit. I'll wait and see on whoever he hires, but if it's Hill... it's hard to see how that puts us in a better position in recruiting then we were in with Bobo. 

He is NOWHERE as conservative as Bobo.  Just go watch the offense during his tenure at Boise.  440 to 450 yards ppg, 35 ppg, beautifully balanced and hard-nosed.

On recruiting, wait until signing day.  I just have a feeling you may be pretty happy how things fall in line that day, not to mention the press and media that comes Auburn's way.  The way that I am seeing it, they are looking for a big splash that day.

Just an opinion, but I have done my due diligence and researched and watched the games. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

+ Friend are gonna get paid millions to sit on their ass and be bad at what they do 

Why hasnt this been announced yet? Seems to be an open secret?

2 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Let's be honest, there is some truth in this.

But what is more farcical is just reading the posts and the sky is falling attitude here.  So many things I could say, but...

If it is Zac Hill, the offense will be Harsin's.  The QB play will be, AT LEAST, as good as last season (This is the guy that played 3 QBs in 2019, and all were prepared and the drop off was not that great), and we will see the end of the second half droughts with the offense.

While I don't see how you can make the unqualified statement that there will be an end to second half offensive droughts if we hire Hill, or that our QB play will be at least as good as last year.  I do, however, appreciate your optimism and hope you're right.

Totally agree that Harsin is serious and focused.  I'm one of those people that believes a coach should be given free rein to do whatever it takes to honestly succeed.  Meddling by others is always a detrimental distraction.

I was at Auburn '81-'85 and was an Auburn fan for years before I ever attended classes there.  I know coaches and players usually try their best.  I want Harsin & Co to succeed as much as anyone.  But there's a reason the term JABA exists. 

I know some here find me flippant and hyperbolic, but this isn't real life.  It's a sports board on the internet.  I'm surprised anyone takes it seriously at all. 

WDE  

• Like 1

It’s interesting because for whatever reason ASU is always on later in the evening on Saturday and I’ve seen them several times because I have zero to do. I’ve never came away impressed with their play, yet this is a very serious candidate. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It’s interesting because for whatever reason ASU is always on later in the evening on Saturday and I’ve seen them several times because I have zero to do. I’ve never came away impressed with their play, yet this is a very serious candidate. 

You know the McGee theory could be relevant too. Imagine the conversation from Harsin along the lines of here’s the playbook I want to run. Throw in some wrinkles that you learned at UGA and turn him loose.