Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

11 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Unnecessary. I was the one talking with him and I had no issues 

eh, I don't suffer fools. 

• Haha 1

After watching the first half of the WKU game, the O reminds me too much of Gus’ O, in that there is too much dependence on explosive plays.  I want a consistent chain-mover.  I have spoken, and this is the way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

After watching the first half of the WKU game, the O reminds me too much of Gus’ O, in that there is too much dependence on explosive plays.  I want a consistent chain-mover.  I have spoken, and this is the way. 

I really would like to go after Ludwig at Utah.

• Like 7

On 12/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, metafour said:

Sometimes it helps to add a little bit more context or analysis when trying to analyze something as complex as evaluating the merits or ability of a play caller or offense.

For example; Arizona State was plagued by turnovers this season. They ranked 116th in fumbles lost per-game. They ranked 95th nationally in total giveaways-per-game. They ranked 120th in plays-per-game.

However, they ranked 21st nationally in offensive yards-per-play. They ranked 31st in 3rd down conversion percentage. They ranked 33rd in in 4th down conversion percentage. They ranked 37th in "points-per-play".

What this means is that they didn't have a problem moving the ball or converting pivotal downs. What they had a problem with was giving the ball away. Turnovers mean that you get to run less plays, which means that your "yards per game" take a hit, as does your "points per game".

An penalties. I watched a lot of their games and the number of penalties esp. off sides just killed drives. Sometimes they'd get 2 - 3 back to back. They lacked disciple. I put that on Herm. He would show zero emotion...just continued to write in his little notebook every time they'd pick up a penalty. Playcalling was good. I liked how they used the TEs. 

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really great guy! 

He could recruit within a 150 mile radius and have one of the top G5 teams every year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He could recruit within a 150 mile radius and have one of the top G5 teams every year.

In a vacuum, so could we in the P5 with the North Atlanta area.

Edited by AUwent

Linked article contrasts WKUs offensive production in 2020 before Kittley and in 2021 with Kittley as OC.   Quite impressive, but a very different scheme than Harsin has ever run.  

https://www.wbko.com/2021/11/16/wku-fb-offensive-coordinator-zach-kittley-named-2021-broyles-award-nominee/

Edited by dilligas

Guest MustardSeed
14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I really would like to go after Ludwig at Utah.

Have you looked at his career?  Step down from Bobo. Similar coach. Been an OC forever. Only had one top 20 offense as far back as I had time to look  (since ‘03)…. Huge pass on that one

On the upside, by game's end, we might get a better price on a used Kittley off the scratch and dent rack.  

Edited by AURealist
sp
  • Haha 2

Maybe we should be going after UTSA's OC Barry Lunney, Jr.

Guy has 7 years of SEC experience at Arkansas, albeit under Bert and Chad.

Edited by meh130
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Maybe we should be going after UTSA's OC Barry Lunney, Jr.

Yeah.  We kinda mentioned that earlier.   Thing is, he doesn't have a lot of OC experience.  But he does love TEs, which I like a lot.  

2 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I don't understand the idea of hiring Traylor.  Didn't we fire a high school coach?

I was only thinking Traylor in comparison to Harsin.  If my choice had been between those two, I might have given Traylor a look.  Certainly Texas recruiting would be better.  

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hes not the head coach and has nothing to do with the defense

Agree. Not everything can fall on the OC if the D can’t stop people. With that being said, we took an overrated Bama team to the brink w a backup QB and very shotty play calling. Honestly, give me Kittley, a healthy tank and jarquez, 2 more talented O linemen and one number 1 receiver, I think this team wins 4 more games next year. Now, is Nix the answer for another season with a 60% completion rate, or does this new guy Gernier come in and blow he and Finley away? I for one think DD is more of a J Franklin III than a top tier QB for the SEC. JMO. 

Guest MustardSeed
17 minutes ago, AURealist said:

On the upside, by game's end, we might get a better price on a used Kittrey off the scratch and dent rack.  

It’s not over yet…. They scored 47 in the second half just last week

21 minutes ago, AURealist said:

On the upside, by game's end, we might get a better price on a used Kittrey off the scratch and dent rack.  

It’s obvious that tonight Kittrey’s mind is on the Auburn job…🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It’s not over yet…. They scored 47 in the second half just last week

I hope so.  I'm switching back to watch that game.  Utah is in control.  

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

It’s obvious that tonight Kittrey’s mind is on the Auburn job…🤣

Yeah…only 400 yards passing and 26 points in 3 quarters with 2 missed fgs in a championship game against an 11-1 team…They are really “sucking it up” 😂

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Yeah…only 400 yards passing and 26 points in 3 quarters with 2 missed fgs in a championship game against an 11-1 team…They are really “sucking it up” 😂

Well, I must say it's very big of you to admit it.  

Edited by AURealist

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Kittley
According to one of the insiders on another site, he is going to be going to Texas Tech as the OC.

Big surprise there, since that's where he's from.  Personally, I never saw it coming.

16 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. Not everything can fall on the OC if the D can’t stop people. With that being said, we took an overrated Bama team to the brink w a backup QB and very shotty play calling. Honestly, give me Kittley, a healthy tank and jarquez, 2 more talented O linemen and one number 1 receiver, I think this team wins 4 more games next year. Now, is Nix the answer for another season with a 60% completion rate, or does this new guy Gernier come in and blow he and Finley away? I for one think DD is more of a J Franklin III than a top tier QB for the SEC. JMO. 

That's what scares me about Kittley. Can Bo and our receivers improve enough to get that completion percentage up. Because 60% doesn't cut it now, and it especially won't if we're running some version of an air raid 

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Kittley
According to one of the insiders on another site, he is going to be going to Texas Tech as the OC.

“Insiders” 😂.   I don’t doubt that’s his preferred job (actually may be his dream job) but “insiders” haven’t gotten a darn thing right around here in weeks