Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, AURealist said:

Me?  You're the one fantasizing about a guy we haven't even approached for a job interview.   I'm just trying to keep you grounded so you aren't crushed when we announce Zak Hill as OC.  You should be thanking me.  😀

I prefer Grimes. I’m just narrating what Im seeing and it’s a million times better than Bobo was. UTSA has a good offense too but they weren’t 114th last year

25 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Just imagine the numbers if they had top notch receivers though 😳

Yeah this OC definitely deserves a job somewhere. He won’t get those receivers here, but someone should give him a shot 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

22 minutes ago, AURealist said:

1st and goal at the one degenerates into a 30 yd fg?   We already play that game.   How is this an upgrade?  

I don’t see how you expect a serious conversation if you’re just going to be egregiously pessimistic

Are you watching the game? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Totally serious about Jeff Traylor, though.

Doesn’t appear he’s the one calling plays and he’s never been an OC. His OC is more inexperienced than Kittley. Not sure how you decipher who’s offense it is

UTSA appears to be better talented, but that gap is being massively more exacerbated by this atrocious OL and the receivers dropping wide open catches 

Two snaps where the center just hiked it 8 feet over the QBs head 

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah this OC definitely deserves a job somewhere. He won’t get those receivers here, but someone should give him a shot 

He’s getting a shot somewhere this year. He’s gonna get a 200% pay raise if not better

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Doesn’t appear he’s the one calling plays and he’s never been an OC. His OC is more inexperienced than Kittley. Not sure how you decipher who’s offense it is

Isn't Traylor's OC Lunney from Arkansas?  He was big on using TEs to catch passes.  Maybe he's our guy?  

13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Had to settle for 2 fgs while their opponents scored tds.   Maybe we should have picked up Traylor instead of Harsin?

lmao, smh dude the QB and the OC can't control drops. There have already been two dropped TDs.  Don't grade the OC on whether they are losing or not, grade him on the play calls and the play design which from what I have seen, I like so far.

Just now, Didba said:

lmao, smh dude the QB and the OC can't control drops. There have already been two dropped TDs.  Don't grade the OC on whether they are losing or not, grade him on the play calls and the play design which from what I have seen, I like so far.

What about snaps?  

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UTSA appears to be better talented, but that gap is being massively more exacerbated by this atrocious OL and the receivers dropping wide open catches 

Two snaps where the center just hiked it 8 feet over the QBs head 

All 5 of the WKU O lineman made the all conference team. These guys were horrendous on offense last year. They are probably just playing a little nervous having never expected to be in this game. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His play-calling and play design have been very nice so far. Drops and executions are killing him.

• Like 1

What about snaps?  

lmao, you are bad at trolling dude.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

lmao, you are bad at trolling dude.

I'm just having fun because some folks here think we're actually hiring this guy.  

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Me?  You're the one fantasizing about a guy we haven't even approached for a job interview.   I'm just trying to keep you grounded so you aren't crushed when we announce Zak Hill as OC.  You should be thanking me.  😀

Stop acting like you are smarter then everyone else on this forum with your pretentious pessimism.  You have already shown that you are not, just by the couple of things you have already posted in this thread. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I'm just having fun because some folks here think we're actually hiring this guy.  

I didn't know "having fun" was considering "being a rude troll to other Auburn fans because they have some hope in this coaching staff and aren't as miserable and pessimistic as me".  sheesh dude. I feel bad for you if this is your "fun"

Edited by Didba
took out the swear
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Isn't Traylor's OC Lunney from Arkansas?  He was big on using TEs to catch passes.  Maybe he's our guy?  

Lunney wasn’t the OC at Arky, he only coached TEs  This is his first OC job but he’s doing well

One BIG key in this game is UTSA is ranked 33rd in scoring defense…WKU is ranked 76th.  The defenses are very far apart in quality 

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

UTSA's QB and RB are pretty good at what they do.  They definitely look more talented than WKU at this point in the game.

The defenses they are facing are very different but yes they look good too. WKU excels in 2nd half offensive beat downs. Will be interesting to see halftime offensive adjustments

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Lunney wasn’t the OC at Arky, he only coached TEs  This is his first OC job but he’s doing well

One BIG key in this game is UTSA is ranked 33rd in scoring defense…WKU is ranked 76th.  The defenses are very far apart in quality 

LOL.  I assumed Lunney was OC because I thought he was interim HC for the Piggies for a few games for some reason.    

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, Didba said:

I didn't know "having fun" was considering "being a pr*ck to other Auburn fans because they have some hope in this coaching staff and aren't as miserable and pessimistic as me".  sheesh dude. I feel bad for you if this is your "fun"

Unnecessary. I was the one talking with him and I had no issues 

Guest MustardSeed

LOL.  I assumed Lunney was OC because I thought he was interim HC for the Piggies for a few games for some reason.    

He was interim HC but he got there from being the TE coach. No idea how that worked 🤷‍♂️

He was interim HC but he got there from being the TE coach. No idea how that worked 🤷‍♂️

Okay, so I got that part right.  So he is the TE Whisperer.  We might could use a guy like him...

Guest MustardSeed

Think I just saw a miracle. They have 1 minute to go 87 yards and they aren’t using the play action that no one ever bites on. I thought that was mandatory 😂

Think I just saw a miracle. They have 1 minute to go 87 yards and they aren’t using the play action that no one ever bites on. I thought that was mandatory 😂

By SEC rules, I believe it is, yes.  🤣

• Haha 1