Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

23 minutes ago, metafour said:

Wow, Jeff Lee just said that it's down to three finalists:

Zak Hill

Dell McGee

Frank Ponce (Appalachian State OC)

Frank Ponce is HOT HOT HOT, HOT HOT HOT.  

Some of you may get that joke.

32 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Paying a position coach 500k with his experience being HBU and Western Kentucky.   JABA

I would imagine many of the trustees are seeing that type of money. Maybe they can fork over some funds

of course right when I am getting comfortable with the Kittley prospect the media makes a turn left. Good times , good times .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

of course right when I am getting comfortable with the Kittley prospect the media makes a turn left. Good times , good times .

I am okay with this turn. Not a fan of Kittley hire.

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Here’s a great scenario. 

hire Grimes as OC and OL coach

hire Kittley as QB coach/pass game coordinator. 
Kittley is getting paid 200k. Pay him 500k and let him be the next OC when Grimes leaves for HC gig 

Genius!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am okay with this turn. Not a fan of Kittley hire.

I disagree but that is totally okay 

• Like 1

I know I’ve been harping on familiarity but my least favorite would be hill. The other two between DC and Dell is high risk/high reward. They would honestly be here for recruiting purposes mostly. Maybe they have been having great play calling minds underneath the scene and they just need the chance? I don’t know. The good thing is you have CBH and the WR coach which could be of assistance.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

Just now, DAG said:

I disagree but that is totally okay 

I don't think it would be a bad hire, I actually like Kittley, but I think it may be difficult schemes to try and mesh quickly. I could be wrong and if it did work then it could be very successful.

I think you made the joke about Dell Mcgee being our Jon Gruden which is hilarious, but I think a hiring of Dell McGee and haign McGee and Keisau as co-ocs would be huge. It would give Harsin someone who is familiar with what he wants in Keisau, but would show that he knows he needs an elite recruiter as well and that is what Dell is. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't think it would be a bad hire, I actually like Kittley, but I think it may be difficult schemes to try and mesh quickly. I could be wrong and if it did work then it could be very successful.

I think you made the joke about Dell Mcgee being our Jon Gruden which is hilarious, but I think a hiring of Dell McGee and haign McGee and Keisau as co-ocs would be huge. It would give Harsin someone who is familiar with what he wants in Keisau, but would show that he knows he needs an elite recruiter as well and that is what Dell is. 

Well yes he would be here for recruiting OC in name only which is does not make happy for personal reasons but it could be a good thing for Auburn

• Like 1

We had threads during the HC hunt with a “list of 3 candidates”. None of them were ever Bryan Harsin. So I’m not buying it. What’s more likely is these are the 3 guys that you can for sure eliminate.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lol same. Now I’m getting excited about Dell knowing in my head it won’t happen. Life as an AU fan is great 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Frank Ponce is HOT HOT HOT, HOT HOT HOT.  

Some of you may get that joke.

I think media has less of an idea than we do. Without tracking flights no one has an idea. Just guessing.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I think media has less of an idea than we do. Without tracking flights no one has an idea. Just guessing.

Wait…..why aren’t we tracking flights!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I think Craig's bad terms were with coaches who are no longer here.

I think he got along with administrators more than some coaches.

If I remember, it was a LAshley/Craig issue under Gus, that Gus didn't handle real well.

Craig, if he is a serious candidate, would be a great recruiter, and would surely make Harsin call his own plays.

It could be Harsin, knowing he needed to do a lot of work to rebuild the program, wanted an established OC/ex HC like Bobo to be experienced enough, and similar in offensive strategy, to help him.

Now that Harsin has a lot of his plan in place, he can spend more time in playcalling? Isn't this what Jimbo Fisher does at TaM?

If he couldn't work for Gus or Coach O, how the heck is he gonna work well with Harsin?  He works well with Jimbo because he won't cross Jimbo.  Jimbo was his coach at AU.

If they are talking to DC, I wouldn't be shocked if it was to bring him to AU as WR coach and recruiting coordinator and move Kinseau to OC.

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly with how tight lipped harsin keeps things none of these media guys could have a clue, ya know?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, woodford said:

Link?

It's on a pay site rn