Harsin Leaving Impressions

autigeremt

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think  you have to spread any blame/criticism across the board IMHO. I think most of us agree on Bobo but I understand Bo Nix is pretty close with him. Bo was interviewed on JOX this morning and was asked about next year, with the question aimed primarily about his knee. Bo said we will just have to wait and see but then added, for some reason, "there's always the transfer portal." My heart sank at that. If we lose Bo we are really in deep trouble.

Spencer Rattler is going to the portal - maybe there is a reclamation project for Harsin and Co.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

While he had more cred coming in with a Natty, I’m betting Saban had a plan and philosophy he damn well would not compromise. Perhaps Auburn has coaches and uncommitted players that did not rise to the bar. Too much aingst and criticism while this is just beginning to unfold. Let it play out.

Saben doesn’t  leave anything to chance, he hires some one to check it out. From wind conditions to which area of the hotel is the quietest. And he doesn’t make friends with coaches. They work for him and if they don’t accomplish what he wants then they won’t be there tomorrow. D1 football is a business and you are paid to win. Win or go home it’s that simple . 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

14 minutes ago, difball said:

Spencer Rattler is going to the portal - maybe there is a reclamation project for Harsin and Co.

Spencer has quality but like Bo he tends to be sandlot football. They both could be great under a good QB coach, but they have to learn to control their emotions. Sometime you have to wait that extra second for the play to work. That’s what you see in a good QB

22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Saben doesn’t  leave anything to chance, he hires some one to check it out. From wind conditions to which area of the hotel is the quietest. And he doesn’t make friends with coaches. They work for him and if they don’t accomplish what he wants then they won’t be there tomorrow. D1 football is a business and you are paid to win. Win or go home it’s that simple . 

We agree! Saban does not usually cut folks mid-season…Harsin has. Again, I suggest a bit of patience and calm while this plays out…

47 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Spencer has quality but like Bo he tends to be sandlot football. They both could be great under a good QB coach, but they have to learn to control their emotions. Sometime you have to wait that extra second for the play to work. That’s what you see in a good QB

The poster I responded to felt we were in big trouble if Bo departs - I see Rattler like you do - but he could step in for Bo and we'd be no worse off.

What we need is what you mentioned - a great QB coach. David Cutcliffe types - in fact lets get Cutcliffe and call up Arch Manning and show him around Auburn. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, difball said:

Do not want. If Lincoln Riley couldn’t get Rattler going it’s unlikely a different OC will.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think  you have to spread any blame/criticism across the board IMHO. I think most of us agree on Bobo but I understand Bo Nix is pretty close with him. Bo was interviewed on JOX this morning and was asked about next year, with the question aimed primarily about his knee. Bo said we will just have to wait and see but then added, for some reason, "there's always the transfer portal." My heart sank at that. If we lose Bo we are really in deep trouble.

I love and appreciate everything Bo has tried to do for Auburn but Bo has to do what’s best for him and Auburn has to do what’s best for Auburn. If Bo wants to stay then that’s great but Auburn has to move on from Bobo regardless like we have.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:40 AM, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Harsin is laying the bricks....It takes a while to build a solid foundation 

“A while” is no longer accepted in today’s CFB. Ask every fired HC in the last 15 years. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

“A while” is no longer accepted in today’s CFB. Ask every fired HC in the last 15 years. 

So true, Harsin will get three years I’m guessing to prove if he’s the man for the job. Maybe not that long 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Viper said:

“A while” is no longer accepted in today’s CFB.

I asked Harbaugh and Frost and they both said it takes a while to get the program where it needs to be. Mark Stoops also concurred with their assessments.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:20 PM, bigbird said:

And y'all know this how exactly?

Right!!!!  Every coach worth a cent is confident in himself, and most of them are pretty stubborn too.   These qualities alone are not negatives at all.   It’s when they are coupled with an entire offensive philosophy and strategy you can draw on a napkin and a refusal to recruit OL that it becomes a problem.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I asked Harbaugh and Frost and they both said it takes a while to get the program where it needs to be. Mark Stoops also concurred with their assessments.

Just got off the FaceTime with Brian Kelly: he concurred as well. He was perplexed that AU sports forums think it can be done in 10 months. Obviously he is a loser. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Viper said:

And how has that worked out for those programs? Tennessee has done the firing as frequently as anyone. Texas? Please show us multiple examples of the type of program you want Auburn to be that have been firing their coaches after a couple years.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Rattler threw for the same # of TD's Bo did in half the games.  He completed 75% of his throws.

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Rattler threw for the same # of TD's Bo did in half the games.  He completed 75% of his throws.

I am glad you are saying this stuff so I don't have to be the bad guy.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I’d be willing to bet that those guys haven’t pissed off any boosters though. That also plays a big part. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am glad you are saying this stuff so I don't have to be the bad guy.

Rattler is definitely talented, but he does come with some baggage. He is a bit of a prima donna isn't he?.

It's not a slam dunk, even though we could use a boost at the position. 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Rattler is definitely talented, but he does come with some baggage. He is a bit of a prima donna isn't he?.

It's not a slam dunk, even though we could use a boost at the position. 

Yes he is a cocky dude. I remember seeing him on Netflix and was like "damn, this dude is this cocky?" I thought it was for the cameras. Guess not. I am thinking he got so humble pie now though.

Every body has baggage... I'd rather take 75% completion percent baggage.  He'd still have to earn the job.  

Given what I have seen (which is nothing beyond TJ and Bo playing; and only A-day for DD); we need to hit the portal for a "real" QB.

Let Rattler be . Again stats don’t tell the story. If he was that good  he wouldn’t be on the bench. His TD to Int ratio should be much higher. Go back and watch some of his game. Decision making is bad.

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Let Rattler be . Again stats don’t tell the story. If he was that good  he wouldn’t be on the bench. His TD to Int ratio should be much higher. Go back and watch some of his game. Decision making is bad.

And Rattler was throwing in a league that doesn't play any defense worth anything.

So his stats to me don't compare to Bo's in the SEC.

He should not be an option...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

If Riley (renowned off guru) couldn't fix Rattler, I doubt any QB coach here (or potentially here) can do it either.   Pass. 

13 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

And how has that worked out for those programs? Tennessee has done the firing as frequently as anyone. Texas? Please show us multiple examples of the type of program you want Auburn to be that have been firing their coaches after a couple years.

You completely missed the point. Point wasn’t to show the increasing frequency of fired coaches is a positive. 

On 11/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, oracle79 said:

Frost is hanging by his last thread. Ask Trev Alberts. 

Guest MustardSeed
8 hours ago, woodford said:

I’d be willing to bet that those guys haven’t pissed off any boosters though. That also plays a big part. 

I’d be willing to bet Harbaugh has pissed off practically half of everyone at Michigan. He’s a little “unique”. I also don’t thing he applies here very well as Michigan will probably disappear again very soon. Probably a one hit wonder this year IMO. As for Frost a lot of folks have called for his head. No idea if he panders to boosters or not but his on field product surely pissed off some boosters