Can’t Whiff on QB Recruiting

tigeraddikt

21 minutes ago, au302 said:

I won't cry if they run off both. Finley is meh and DD doesn't seem to fit in the staffs plans. Not saying he's a bad player just probably a bad system fit. No reason for him to waste his time or for us to waste that spot. Bring in Geriner and a transfer. Not sure if Bachmeier will start for Boise again, but he may be a good option if not and if Hars could convince him

If Bo leaves and DD transfers, they better be reaching out to Dillon Gabriel!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

saw one particular play.   he could have trucked the 6' 180lb   db that was in front of him for a very short 1st down or first down. 

YUP.  Cam, who was roughly the same size, lowers his shoulders and get a 1st down there.

When you are that big, DARE someone to tackle you.

• Like 1

Is bo nix seriously considering entering the draft next year?  

has anyone heard much about Brock Vandagriff at UGA?  Haven’t heard much about how he has looked. I am guessing he will compete with Daniels in the spring but maybe a portal entry?

Just now, tigerrules said:

Is bo nix seriously considering entering the draft next year?  

has anyone heard much about Brock Vandagriff at UGA?  Haven’t heard much about how he has looked. I am guessing he will compete with Daniels in the spring but maybe a portal entry?

i cant imagine why he would. 

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol why the hell is Bo going to leave?? Where us he gonna go?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lol why the hell is Bo going to leave?? Where us he gonna go?

UCF!

Tell me right now that you can’t see that happening!

Edited by AuCivilEng1

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh gosh I'm not so sure. Gus had his hands on him for the last year! I wish I was joking but I'm not. Ideally, either JT Daniels or Vandagriff leaves as @tigerrulesbrings up and comes here. If it's Daniels, I think you recruit him basically guaranteeing him the job

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

UCF!

Tell me right now that you can’t see that happening!

I can't see that happening. Bo actually developed this year and was becoming a good SEC QB.

He'll be back for spring and hopefully pretty good next year 

No on bring the QB from UCF...I think Joey Gatewood has another year of eligibility....as for current QB situation, I doubt we spent much time this past week working a backup QB and only with TJ getting him ready for the game..

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I can't see that happening. Bo actually developed this year and was becoming a good SEC QB.

Bo’s answer on the sidelines concerning next year wasn’t a resounding I will be back next year and ready to play. 

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

No on bring the QB from UCF...I think Joey Gatewood has another year of eligibility....as for current QB situation, I doubt we spent much time this past week working a backup QB and only with TJ getting him ready for the game..

Not sure what you're saying but word is the ucf guy is going to Florida or Ole miss.. Nix will be the guy I'd imagine or Finley or Davis or the new recruit we have coming in. I can't imagine anyone transferring in and I hope the coaches aren't spending too much energy on a qb search when we have larger needs like wide receiver and oline

3 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Bo’s answer on the sidelines concerning next year wasn’t a resounding I will be back next year and ready to play. 

Missed his interview,  but can't imagine it'll take 16 weeks for a fracture to heal

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Oh I think Bo coming back would def be a huge win. Don’t get me wrong. But we are Auburn and I could totally see him finally get to a good spot development wise only to leave and join Gus. Lol

UGA could have Daniels, Vandagriff, Beck, and Stockton on the roster. All quality QB's that would also fit Harsin/Bobo. Gotta think there's some attrition, and if so, we should absolutely jump on any of them

• Love 1

Honestly we need wide receivers a lot more than we do a qb... Losing Seth Williams was massive and not having a flashy speedster doesn't help offensive creativity as well. I'd say get some big time wide outs and focus on finding that next Takeo spikes type linebacker and our usual nick Fairley Gabe Wright Derrick hall type guy. We have a good qb coming already from what I understand.

50 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh I think Bo coming back would def be a huge win. Don’t get me wrong. But we are Auburn and I could totally see him finally get to a good spot development wise only to leave and join Gus. Lol

Does Bo’s loyalty to Gus trump his Legacy run at Auburn?

I don’t see Bo going to UCF, Gus had 2 years to train Bo and didn’t do it.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Play DD and let him run some read options in the 4th quarter.  Guarantee you Bama didn't prep for that.

I'm not sure Auburn prepped for that either. Hard to know about a guy fresh out of high school. 

But yeah, might have been nice to try something different. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I'm not sure Auburn prepped for that either. Hard to know about a guy fresh out of high school. 

But yeah, might have been nice to try something different. 

S***, TJ had 5-6 yards on read options if he had kept it every now and then.  Bama was not respecting that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Agree 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

S***, TJ had 5-6 yards on read options if he had kept it every now and then.  Bama was not respecting that.

Completely agree. QB draw would have also worked. Felt like they were saving it for late in the game. Maybe TJ's injury messed it up? Who knows. 

Just now, cbo said:

Completely agree. QB draw would have also worked. Felt like they were saving it for late in the game. Maybe TJ's injury messed it up? Who knows. 

Not calling QB draw in the first half on 3rd and 4 when Bama had 0 LBs in the box drove me nuts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

You don't want to run off DD.  Trust me.

And the whole argument of him not fitting the system makes no sense. Harsin could've cut him loose before he signed here if he had no intent on playing him. Davis and his family were clear that they were committed to AU and werent afraid of competition. And why wouldn't you give him a chance to make something happen when the season was obviously spiraling down? Then the rumors of him transferring after the season started popping up and Harsin made it clear that Loy was the next in line at QB. Findley is obviously not the answer and you keep him in with one good leg against Bama?

Edited by CR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

And the whole argument of him not fitting the system makes no sense. Harsin could've cut him loose before he signed here if he had no intent on playing him. Davis and his family were clear that they were committed to AU and werent afraid of competition. And why wouldn't you give him a chance to make something happen when the season was obviously spiraling down? Then the rumors of him transferring after the season started popping up and Harsin made it clear that Loy was the next in line at QB. Findley is obviously not the answer and you keep him in with one good against Bama?

It baffles me that we didn't at least have the kid warming up in the 4th when TJ got hurt.

Finley is a damn statue back there.  DD has a cannon AND can run.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2