Where games are won and lost

creed

If you want understand where the real game is played watch lines of scrimmage. 

1 minute ago, creed said:

I would say that is true but there is some areas that can win or lose a game too.   Safety is super important in run support and deep pass game.   I thought Auburn’s defensive line played pretty good against South Carolina, but the safety and 5 defensive back let # 11 bounce outside on almost every run.   
Without talking about pass rushing 3, I thought the safety play inside the 10 yard line against MSU was worse than bad.  On one play, smoke and #10, along with #23, go to cover a short slant and #36’s man is running right behind them.   Just really poor communication or technique.    

9 minutes ago, creed said:

While we are at it…. I get what you are saying but it can get little more involved than just lines of scrimmage.   If the lines of scrimmage are playing at about the same level, it’s the QB and receivers that need to step up.    Not just TJ but is guilty as well, but Auburn can’t keep missing the deep ball where the receiver is running wide open 

A&M controlled the LOS on Bama with 2 Freshman and a grad transfer from TN who probably couldn't start for any other SEC team this year.  They outschemed Bama (running and passing) as well and had them guessing the whole game.  

This Bama team is beatable.  A&M turned it over twice giving Bama 10 easy points and countered back with 14.  But, of course, Finley will have to be above 60% accuracy to do any good; and we will have to stick to the run game.  I would have felt better about our upset chances prior to the last 2 games.  If we game plan like we did during the 4 game win-stretch; we have a chance.  But these last two games were a cross between a Malzahn and Will Muschamp offense.  

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

They really do make it worth every bit of money spent to be here

It's knowledge you can't get anywhere else. 

• Love 1

I do hope we have a plan for DD in this game. He is the type QB that gives bama fits. I just don't think TJ is mobile enough and without having to worry about containment bama's D will be bringing some serious pressure. They haven't seen DD play (but neither have we).  WDE. Give'em hell Auburn. 

uat does not have a great pass D. TJ needs to sling it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I thought dd was redshirted this season if not then we should definitely slip him in, I'd also like to see more Sean shivers, that guy is always fired up for the Iron bowl

Players can play in 4 games and still redshirt fwiw. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 hour ago, AU North said:

I do hope we have a plan for DD in this game. He is the type QB that gives bama fits. I just don't think TJ is mobile enough and without having to worry about containment bama's D will be bringing some serious pressure. They haven't seen DD play (but neither have we).  WDE. Give'em hell Auburn. 

Keep hoping bc he's not playing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Oh wow, that's good to know. Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him in the mix some if we are flat on offense but I'm not particularly bullish on Finley so I may be bias.

It’s a relatively new rule. I can’t remember who the player was, but Gus tried to redshirt someone but they had lost count of how many games they had played in—‘18 or ‘19 season I think? He took a lot of criticism over that. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s a relatively new rule. I can’t remember who the player was, but Gus tried to redshirt someone but they had lost count of how many games they have played in—‘18 or ‘19 season I think? He took a lot of criticism over that. 

Asa Martin, RB

Edited by fredst
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Who has since disappeared from college football.

Wasn’t a huge loss as it turned out. Went to Miami then Memphis and did nothing either place

• Like 1

Please, please, please play more press man.  Don’t play 10 yards off.  We will get killed doing that this game.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Please, please, please play more press man.  Don’t play 10 yards off.  We will get killed doing that this game.

Who's going to tell him??

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who's going to tell him??

Headed there as we speak.  I will take one for the team if I need to by stripping down butt-naked with writing on my chest saying “PLAY PRESS MAN.”

I will just need to buy some butter to make it difficult to grab a hold of me to buy enough time to make sure Mason sees me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, creed said:

Pretty remarkable. Never heard this before. Will watch for this today thanks.

• Haha 1