Dykes to TCU, Lashlee to SMU

WDE_OxPx_2010

I just don't get it. Every other damn program in the SEC west has a good coach. What is it with our boosters in particular that we ended up with Harsin and will likely end up with Lashlee next.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I just don't get it. Every other damn program in the SEC west has a good coach. What is it with our boosters in particular that we ended up with Harsin and will likely end up with Lashlee next.

Seriously, what's the deal. Harsin hasn't shown he's a bad coach. We don't know his calling cards either. We know Lashlees. Don't understand the hatred or dislike

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Seriously, what's the deal. Harsin hasn't shown he's a bad coach. We don't know his calling cards either. We know Lashlees. Don't understand the hatred or dislike

He has not shown the ability to recruit.

Edited by AUwent

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

That's a different quality don't you think? 

It's extremely important...my stance currently is give him another year and if recruiting is looking up, give him a third one. I currently have very little faith in this staff's ability to recruit, though (the Rivals fancast and/or 247 CB for most of the guest list tomorrow points elsewhere). And if we need to move on, with the way that coaching search went (especially if we have to watch the guy we either wouldn't give what he wanted or turned us down take the job at Florida), I'm just not sure our boosters can get someone of the caliber that the rest of the division seems capable of getting.

Edited by AUwent

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It's extremely important...my stance currently is give him another year and if recruiting is looking up, give him a third one. I currently have very little faith in this staff's ability to recruit, though (the Rivals fancast and/or 247 CB for most of the guest list tomorrow points elsewhere). And if we need to move on, with the way that coaching search went (especially if we have to watch the guy we either wouldn't give what he wanted or turned us down take the job at Florida), I'm just not sure our boosters can get someone of the caliber that the rest of the division seems capable of getting.

you do realize we'll finish top 20? Probably top 15 if we get the guys we expect. Is that not acceptable ? 

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

you do realize we'll finish top 20? Probably top 15 if we get the guys we expect. Is that not acceptable ? 

This will be me if we finish in the top 20:

https://youtu.be/7bJ9qamVPFc?t=15

In all seriousness, I hope you know something I don't. Obviously getting Woodyard would be yuge. Not sure if that would take us up 13 spots or who else we would need.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

BTW, I wish Lashlee nothing but the best of luck at SMU. I also wish he not become Auburn's head coach. 

Well. If he makes SMU the next NY6 buster, I suppose it could be arranged. Not that I'm betting on it.

I'm curious though, who do you see us getting @Randman5000? If you can say?

Edited by AUwent

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'm curious though, who do you see us getting @Randman5000? If you can say?

Therein lies the problem. There is no available coach out there who looks like a better choice than Harsin. It's a crap-shoot at best.

I think our best bet is to give Harsin time to get the kinks worked out of the program.  People talking out one side of their mouths about Gus leaving us in a shambles and then wanting Harsin fired because he isn't an instant winner need to pick their poison and stick with it. You can't have it both ways.

If the program was left in a mess, then Harsin deserves time. If it wasn't left in a mess, then stop with the mindless Gus bashing.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Therein lies the problem. There is no available coach out there who looks like a better choice than Harsin. It's a crap-shoot at best.

I think our best bet is to give Harsin time to get the kinks worked out of the program.  People talking out one side of their mouths about Gus leaving us in a shambles and then wanting Harsin fired because he isn't an instant winner need to pick their poison and stick with it. You can't have it both ways.

If the program was left in a mess, then Harsin deserves time. If it wasn't left in a mess, then stop with the mindless Gus bashing.

I get what you're saying. But it's just all about recruiting for me. The finish to this season wouldn't phase me much if we were showing recruiting prowess.  

I will say, it is possible Kiffin ends up like Chizik and Orgeron (with Corral being his respective Newton and Burrow) if THEIR recruiting doesn't improve.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I get what you're saying. But it's just all about recruiting for me. The finish to this season wouldn't phase me much if we were showing recruiting prowess.  

I will say, it is possible Kiffin ends up like Chizik and Orgeron (with Corral being his respective Newton and Burrow) if THEIR recruiting doesn't improve.

I think he gets Arch Manning. I don't see Arch waiting to play at Alabama. 

• Like 1

I obviously do not know Lashlee but I get the sense that he a really good person and is obviously steeped in immense coordinator knowledge but I don't think he is going to be anything particularly special as a head coach. Good for him tho.. That's going to be a tough job at smu.

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I obviously do not know Lashlee but I get the sense that he a really good person and is obviously steeped in immense coordinator knowledge but I don't think he is going to be anything particularly special as a head coach. Good for him tho.. That's going to be a tough job at smu.

If he makes SMU the next NY6 G5 rep, I could accept him coming back if need be. Barring that, I don't want him anywhere near our program. I grudgingly suspect that's who our boosters will want, of course. : /

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

If he makes SMU the next NY6 G5 rep, I could accept him coming back if need be. Barring that, I don't want him anywhere near our program. I grudgingly suspect that's who our boosters will want, of course. : /

Oh yeah I don't want him anywhere near auburn either and I'm a Malzahn supporter or too but even I, while admittedly think he's a good guy and pretty good coordinator view him as a total cheese *****

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Oh yeah I don't want him anywhere near auburn either and I'm a Malzahn supporter or too but even I, while admittedly think he's a good guy and pretty good coordinator view him as a total cheese ****.

I just have zero confidence in our boosters. Right now I would literally rather be in any other SEC west team's shoes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I just have zero confidence in our boosters. Right now I would literally rather be in any other SEC west team's shoes.

With all due respect, you are insufferable right now. 

We're less than a year into what everybody knew would be a world class rebuild.  Even with all of Malzahn's top tens, his program NEVER developed players.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

Our boosters don't have as much influence as you seem to think they have. If they did Greene wouldn't be the AD and Harsin wouldn't be the head coach.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:35 PM, AUwent said:

He has not shown the ability to recruit.

Gus fired ~#40 ranked class

Harsin hired #19 ranked class. Not to mention the great transfer portal players like Harris, Fair, and Kaufman.

You're delusional in your assessment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Gus fired ~#40 ranked class

Harsin hired #19 ranked class. Not to mention the great transfer portal players like Harris, Fair, and Kaufman.

You're delusional in your assessment.

Hopefully I am. I've held out hope that because we were able to close relatively strong last year we can do so this year.

Edited by AUwent