Egg Bowl

ShocksMyBrain

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's impressive how much better Ole Miss has looked against A&M and MSU than we did 

Kiffin is a great coach. 

I see what he's done at OM in less than 2 seasons and I'm envious.  I see what we've got going on and I don't want to think about football, anymore.  The people we have making the big decisions are brain-damaged.   I'd be all for dumping Harsin and starting over from scratch, but I'm afraid of what kind of lame, one-eyed cat we'd get to replace him.   

Leach's offense seems to either be really on or really off, sorta like ours. If he's going to make national noise at State, next year is the year for him to do it imo with what they got coming back. He wouldn't leave State, but wish we could somehow get Rogers to transfer here lol. 

Great season for Kiffin and Ole Miss. Of course they're thrilled, and should be, after a horrendous period before him. But man, imagine if Kiff didn't go brain dead against us. They may be playing in the SEC championship for the first time ever maybe? He'll probably bolt for Miami if it comes open

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Leach's offense seems to either be really on or really off, sorta like ours. If he's going to make national noise at State, next year is the year for him to do it imo with what they got coming back. He wouldn't leave State, but wish we could somehow get Rogers to transfer here lol. 

Great season for Kiffin and Ole Miss. Of course they're thrilled, and should be, after a horrendous period before him. But man, imagine if Kiff didn't go brain dead against us. They may be playing in the SEC championship for the first time ever maybe? He'll probably bolt for Miami if it comes open

I think Kiffin wants to stay in the SEC.  Maybe UF will give him a call.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I think Kiffin wants to stay in the SEC.  Maybe UF will give him a call.  

Could see that as well, although I could very well see Napier there too. Seems like ole Lane could be tempted to get back in a flashy town like Miami. Seems like he'd be a good fit and maybe the only coach that could revive that program a bit. We'll see. Should be an interesting few weeks

Just now, au302 said:

Could see that as well, although I could very well see Napier there too. Seems like ole Lane could be tempted to get back in a flashy town like Miami. Seems like he'd be a good fit and maybe the only coach that could revive that program a bit. We'll see. Should be an interesting few weeks

Miami would be trouble for Kiffin.  Too many shiny objects and too much skin.  He needs to grow up and a small town is better for that.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

They'd still lose the tiebreaker with UAT.

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Hoping he doesn't take any offer for less than $6M (what he asked from us).

Tess saying we had an illegal man downfield on that scramble TD against LSU? What?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Joe T has taken every opportunity to bash us for something. Brought up Nix comments on officiating then talks about a lineman that was down field but didn’t get called. Let’s go Joe T

38 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Kiffin is a great coach. 

I see what he's done at OM in less than 2 seasons and I'm envious.  I see what we've got going on and I don't want to think about football, anymore.  The people we have making the big decisions are brain-damaged.   I'd be all for dumping Harsin and starting over from scratch, but I'm afraid of what kind of lame, one-eyed cat we'd get to replace him.   

I think the rationale for hiring someone like Harsin was fine, I dunno if specifically Harsin was the right decision, but I support a good thorough process. The unfortunate thing is, if we bail on Harsin, we'll likely go back to the good boy process. And that was going to yield a Kevin Steele possibly, this time last year. 

I doubt they go very out of the box with the AD or HC next time around, esp if that's in the next 1-2 seasons. And THAT is where I think things can fall off the wheels. Because if there's one thing I see out of all the ~9 other SEC teams that's getting their act together, they've looked for program shifters. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Kiffin is a great coach. 

I have no idea how OLE FREAKING MISS can get a great coach and we can't.

As far as "out of the box" goes, I see nothing wrong with getting coaches with good southern recruiting connections. Kirby Smart was by far the most obvious choice when Georgia made their search. Shane Beamer was a fairly obvious candidate. But hiring people like Kevin Steele...no. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I have no idea how OLE FREAKING MISS got a great coach and we can't.

As far as "out of the box" goes, I see nothing wrong with getting coaches with good southern recruiting connections. But hiring people like Kevin Steele...no.

Lane deserves major props. They lose a lot next year though, most notably Corral. If he gets them to 8 wins that will be an even more impressive imo. Also why I think he may bolt while the iron's hot. At the very least, Jimmy Sexton gonna get him a big raise 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Lane deserves major props. They lose a lot next year though, most notably Corral. If he gets them to 8 wins that will be an even more impressive imo. Also why I think he may bolt while the iron's hot. At the very least, Jimmy Sexton gonna get him a big raise 

At this point, is there any coach in the SEC for whom Jimmy ISN'T an agent?

Wait, guessing he isn't Harsin's. But damn, it's amazing how many coaches he has on his belt.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

Ole Miss rushing 3 and eating Rogers lunch.  Why couldn’t Auburn do that are our D linemen that bad or was our secondary out of position that badly and letting him get it off before the rush could get to him?

Because Sam Williams of Ole Miss, much like Will Anderson at UAT is much faster off the edge than anyone we have. We haven’t had a legit speed edge rusher in several years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

At this point, is there any coach in the SEC for whom Jimmy ISN'T an agent?

Wait, guessing he isn't Harsin's. But damn, it's amazing how many coaches he has on his belt.

The two west coast guys, Harsin and Leach, damn well may be the only two. Wouldn't surprise me if he's theirs either. Crazy

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Because Sam Williams of Ole Miss, much like Will Anderson at UAT is much faster off the edge than anyone we have. We haven’t had a legit speed edge rusher in several years. 

Exactly.  Sam Williams was beating his guy on every play and putting pressure on Rogers.  We dont have an edge rusher like that, that can consistently get around his guy and cause the opposing QB to move.  Against us, Rogers sat in the pocket and had time to read every single option for a pass.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Exactly.  Sam Williams was beating his guy on every play and putting pressure on Rogers.  We dont have an edge rusher like that, that can consistently get around his guy and cause the opposing QB to move.  Against us, Rogers sat in the pocket and had time to read every single option for a pass.

Another huge reminder that successful recruiting involves more than Stars and Ratings, it is also about filling needs and roster management. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Yep, Ole Miss has been using the same 3 man front we used except they are holding them. How could we give up all those points ? smh

It's a head scratcher.  Either... the talent level on this team has been greatly over-exaggerated or our coaching has been incredibly bad to this point.  Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think the rationale for hiring someone like Harsin was fine, I dunno if specifically Harsin was the right decision, but I support a good thorough process. The unfortunate thing is, if we bail on Harsin, we'll likely go back to the good boy process. And that was going to yield a Kevin Steele possibly, this time last year. 

I doubt they go very out of the box with the AD or HC next time around, esp if that's in the next 1-2 seasons. And THAT is where I think things can fall off the wheels. Because if there's one thing I see out of all the ~9 other SEC teams that's getting their act together, they've looked for program shifters. 

Totally agree. 

I know they've been trying to make the process work, but come away with less than stellar results. 

I honestly wonder what their priorities are.  Is it having a clean program?  Is it the appearance of going through a proper process?  Is it having a moral leader of young men?   Booster access to the program?  What is most important?  I'm convinced it's not winning. 

WTF is keeping us from making the obvious hires that make some sort of sense?   Coach after coach after coach is taking positions with our rivals and beating us.

W.T.F.? 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Totally agree. 

I know they've been trying to make the process work, but come away with less than stellar results. 

I honestly wonder what their priorities are.  Is it having a clean program?  Is it the appearance of going through a proper process?  Is it having a moral leader of young men?   Booster access to the program?  What is most important?  I'm convinced it's not winning. 

WTF is keeping us from making the obvious hires that make some sort of sense?   Coach after coach after coach is taking positions with our rivals and beating us.

W.T.F.? 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  

I still can't believe we landed Bruce in b-ball.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

I still can't believe we landed Bruce in b-ball.

Agreed, and Jacobs hired him lol