ESPN projects Auburn to two different bowl games

AU-24

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

After losing all but like 2 or 3 postseason games in the last decade, I'll be happy if we can win any bowl game.

Not really excited to be in a crappy bowl, and if I have other plans, I'll probably miss the game, but I think ending the season on a win is huge. 

Meh.  I just don't care about investing myself in a meaningless game.  And its not huge.  The momentum rarely carries over to the next season.

Y'all have fun though.

Unless its a bowl game in NOLA, Vegas, or a NY6 matchup, I have zero interest.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Meh.  I just don't care about investing myself in a meaningless game.  And its not huge.  The momentum rarely carries over to the next season.

Y'all have fun though.

I get that. I haven't been that invested in a bowl game in at least 4 years, but Harsin coming in year 1 and winning a bowl, having a winning record, and getting into his 2nd off season is nothing to scoff at. It's much better than losing to a Big 10 team every year in Tampa. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Y'all have fun though.

I'm absolutely sick to death of this mentality.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm absolutely sick to death of this mentality.

And I'm absolutely sick to death of people pretending that the Liberty Bowl matters.

To each their own though.

22 hours ago, japantiger said:

Texas Bowl is good for me.  Easy drive and on Jan 4...good time.  Right before my Idaho hunt.

Hadn't even paid attention to the date of that game...it'd be Auburn's first football game in Houston since (I think) 1969.

Reasonably priced tickets probably wouldn't be hard to find.

22 hours ago, japantiger said:

Texas Bowl is good for me.  Easy drive and on Jan 4...good time.  Right before my Idaho hunt.

Yep. I just like football and a good environment/Auburn win is always more enjoyable in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Saw on Facebook some guy saying that he'll be shocked if we're considered for a bowl game..."never in [his] life did [he] imagine this could happen." Only two explanations I can think of--either he was a four year old using a fake profile or he was secretly a character in M Night Shyamalan's new movie. 🤔

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Any chance we could end up playing University of Central Florida? Because that would be hysterical. Especially if Gus gets the win

Only if we get Birmingham. Currently that is not being projected.

1 minute ago, shabby said:

So you're saying there's a chance

If Missouri wins today, quite possibly.

I'd still much prefer Memphis, TYVM.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1