What programs in the SEC are trending???

tigerman1186

8 hours ago, DAG said:

The hard truth is there is just not a lot of quality coaches that can run a program. There are a lot of coaches who specialize in an area, but running a program? Not really. It is a roll of the dice.

Gonna take a new generation of coaches to coach this new post millennium generation of players. Wonder why Texas is so bad? See the video leak of Bo Davis. Kids are different now and hold so much more power, and hold so many more ways to impact the locker room.

Idk how you run a program unless you can show recruits an NFL draft record (which is what each of the top handful can do now). 

I expect in like 10 or 15 years a batch of coaches is going to come in all at once and just be dominant. Like when a new QB generation dominates the NFL. Everybody coaching today started their careers pre-twitter, pre-hudl, pre-portal, pre-NLI, pre-internet. They aren't equipped to relate to and lead modern day kids.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Gonna take a new generation of coaches to coach this new post millennium generation of players. Wonder why Texas is so bad? See the video leak of Bo Davis. Kids are different now and hold so much more power, and hold so many more ways to impact the locker room.

Idk how you run a program unless you can show recruits an NFL draft record (which is what each of the top handful can do now). 

I expect in like 10 or 15 years a batch of coaches is going to come in all at once and just be dominant. Like when a new QB generation dominates the NFL. Everybody coaching today started their careers pre-twitter, pre-hudl, pre-portal, pre-NLI, pre-internet. They aren't equipped to relate to and lead modern day kids.

I agree with this overall, but a part of me also knows that when a coach has it, he has it.  It often defies explanation, but I have seen coaches that have that special ability to get the most out of their players, regardless of where they come from or the decade in which they were raised.  I also agree with DAG when he described it as a crap shoot.  It really is a often a roll of the dice.