Dan Mullen has been fired at Florida

meh130

Just saw that on my phone.  Thats really incredible.  I thought Florida was Mullen's dream job after he left Moo State.  No reason that school shouldn't dominate with the amount of talent within 100 miles of that campus.  I personally can't stand Mullen but I'd like to see Florida give UGA a run for its money.

Wow!!! Was quicker than I thought. Guess they figured they need to get a jump start on the coaching search.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Damn.  The HC’s have been dropping left and right.  Too bad Dan don’t like recruiting.

Flies are going to start using the phrase "dropping like HCs."

I do wonder if Covid made everyone restless.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

I’m guessing 75% of all fan bases are grumpy. Weird, few dominant teams season 

Yeah, covid made last year feel like our 2012 season for the majority of teams.

image.gif.0c1158e51f2b4ae8c78c1c6fcf971608.gif

• Haha 1

With Mullen out at Florida, 10 of the 14 SEC head coaches entering the 2022 season will have been in their positions for two or fewer seasons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

With Mullen out at Florida, 10 of the 14 SEC head coaches entering the 2022 season will have been in their positions for two or fewer seasons.

Wow

42 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

With Saban dominating and now Kirby building another juggernaut in the east the pressure is on to keep up.

56 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Crazy. When does the cycle end? Compensation continues to increase, long past ridiculous amounts, and with it expectations. Don’t wish job loss on anyone but my level of sympathy with any of these guys is near zero.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Crazy. When does the cycle end? Compensation continues to increase, long past ridiculous amounts, and with it expectations. Don’t wish job loss on anyone but my level of sympathy with any of these guys is near zero.

Blame Mr Saban

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Especially with the reasoning behind many of these firings.  O, Mullen and Pruitt being leaders in the “five cent head” category.  

Mullen will be on a NFL staff by next week though.  

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Blame Mr Saban

He’s 20 of the 40 nails in the college football coffin.  CFP is 10 more, transfer portal 7, and NIL 2.  It remains to be seen what the final nail will be, but I’ve been hoping for a few years the NFL will start a D League in medium sized cities and accept players one year removed from high school.  Just nuke college football as we know it and start over. 

• Like 1

Florida hard on the trail of Tennessee. Their next coach will be the fourth after Urban Crier left.  Bammer went through five between Stallings and Saban. I could go on, but you get the picture. Hiring a successful coach that will stay for years is uncommon. Going through several before getting it right is the rule, not the exception.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fredst said:

In my opinion, Probably going to be the norm for awhile... If ESPN and playoff expansion leads to even bigger gobstopper money, more pressure on schools and coaches and more firings

6 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Especially with the reasoning behind many of these firings.  O, Mullen and Pruitt being leaders in the “five cent head” category.  

Mullen will be on a NFL staff by next week though.  

What do you mean by leaders of five cent head?