Michelle McKenna

RunInRed

Cristobal is a really good floor raiser. I think he also comes with a clearly defined ceiling that’s right below title contender, but I think I rather be early 2010s LSU status (perennial 10 win team with an occasional natty shot) than what we’ve been since 2013

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I was very pro Napier at first.  The more people I have spoken with, the more the shine has worn off when it comes to Napier.  We didn't go very far into the process with Napier. He was never offered the job.

He has had success at Louisiana, but his track record before that job has been sketchy at best. He worked as an analyst at bama and then an assistant coaching WRs.  Before being an analyst, he had been a receivers coach at Clemson when Dabo got the HC job and moved him to OC.  Dabo fired him and brought in Chad Morris, which is when Dabo really started making noise nationally.  He worked under Jim McElwain at Colorado State and then took a job under Todd Graham at Arizona State.  I'll put it this way.... from what I have been told by people that have worked around him in the past, nobody thinks higher of themselves than does Billy Napier.  Take it for what it's worth.

He is 28-11 where he is at his 1st HC job. Not sure that points toward success at Florida. It will surprise me greatly if he winds up there.