Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It he leaves after one year, it won’t matter who the replacement coach is. There are currently 3 college vacancies that are bigger jobs than us. We would be in a football wasteland for the foreseeable future. 

Depends on who the replacement is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Tell me who a reasonable replacement is.

There’s always a coach out there with cred looking for an opportunity to build a championship program in the SEC knowing there’s some really nice capitol improvements on the way. 

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

There’s always a coach out there with cred looking for an opportunity to build a championship program in the SEC knowing there’s some really nice capitol improvements on the way. 

Yeah. I’m sure there is.

You think recruiting sucks now? Lose a coach after one year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah. I’m sure there is.

Once again depends on who the new coach is. Auburn is in a bad place regardless this recruiting cycle. Gus and his staff left us at a deficit of two years. 2023 is huge moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Once again depends on who the new coach is. Auburn is in a bad place regardless this recruiting cycle. Gus and his staff left us at a deficit of two years. 2023 is huge moving forward. 

Yeah, so there are two higher profile SEC schools that are already looking for coaches.  Again,  I want a list of anyone better than Harsin that would even think about coming here?

Seriously. I’m trying to be realistic with no OB glasses. Who the hell would come here that’s better?

Oh and while you are looking for a new coach…..

Recruiting is gone.

Starting below zero.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

So there’s definitely smoke here apparently?? Sure seems like it 

The last time I heard all this talk about smoke was during the Cam Newton fiasco. Turned out there wasn't any fire at all.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The last time I heard all this talk about smoke was during the Cam Newton fiasco. Turned out there wasn't any fire at all.

Last time for me was the Gus getting fired talk....

But then again that had been a running 'lotta smoke' talk for a few seasons :lol: 

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, so there are two higher profile SEC schools that are already looking for coaches.  Again,  I want a list of anyone better than Harsin that would even think about coming here?

Seriously. I’m trying to be realistic with no OB glasses. Who the hell would come here that’s better?

Oh and while you are looking for a new coach…..

Recruiting is gone.

Starting below zero.

I think plenty of coaches would kill for the Auburn job. They may be naive but many want that check and the attention of being at a big brand program. 

I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes (none of us really do) but if we had a fair search and gave the coach the keys then I think you could get a good number of folks. 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

There was fire.  It was burning 🔥 in Mississippi 

28 minutes ago, woodford said:

I think plenty of coaches would kill for the Auburn job. They may be naive but many want that check and the attention of being at a big brand program. 

I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes (none of us really do) but if we had a fair search and gave the coach the keys then I think you could get a good number of folks. 

I don’t want to come come off as being scared to make a change, because I’m definitely not. I just think if Harsin left us at this point, it would be very bad for our program.

I could be totally wrong, however. It’s happened before.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I don’t want to come come off as being scared to make a change, because I’m definitely not. I just think if Harsin left us at this point, it would be very bad for our program.

I could be totally wrong, however. It’s happened before.

I actually feel that it’s the opposite.   Here is my reasoning:  If Harsin leaves, it’s on Harsin and not Auburn.  Other   Coaches will look at it in a different light and think it just wasn’t the right fit for Harsin.   If Auburn fires Harsin in two to three years, coaches will say that there is no stability at Auburn and they will fire you without giving you time to build it your way.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I actually feel that it’s the opposite.   Here is my reasoning:  If Harsin leaves, it’s on Harsin and not Auburn.  Other   Coaches will look at it in a different light and think it just wasn’t the right fit for Harsin.   If Auburn fires Harsin in two to three years, coaches will say that there is no stability at Auburn and they will fire you without giving you time to build it your way.  

I could be talked into this. The ONLY way I could though, is if the hire was a home run. And how confident are we that we could pull off a home run hire? 

Of course opposing coaches could also just tell recruits that Harsin saw us as so hopeless that he bolted for the PAC12….

Edited by Tiger Refuge
Literally, can’t spell.

19 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

If Auburn fires Harsin in two to three years, coaches will say that there is no stability at Auburn and they will fire you without giving you time to build it your way.  

Which is false.  Auburn has been far more stable than either LSU or Florida who are both, yet again, looking for a new coach. We gave CTT 10 years and Gus 8.  As for Chiz, there is not an AD in the country who wouldn't fire him for 2012.

It is a LIE that AU is somehow "unstable" with coaching changes.  AU has been one of the most stable in the SEC.  We can talk about boosters and all that, but the fact is once a coach is hired, he is given time.

BTW, I do not see Harsin leaving for UW.  For one thing, he isn't a serious candidate.  And if he were, UW would be on the hook for some major buyout money which they aren't going to pay for a coach who is sitting at 6-6.  Just my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah. I’m sure there is.

Someone can throw darts blindfolded and hit enough recruits to get a class ranked in the 30s at Auburn and that is where we are now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Someone can throw darts blindfolded and hit enough recruits to get a class ranked in the 30s at Auburn and that is where we are now.

True!   Losing CBH after one year won’t effect recruiting in any negative way.  In fact, it’s the biggest reason I would be ok with Harsin bolting for the west coast.   He doesn’t have the connections here yet, and in the time it will take to make connections, win enough recruiting battles to build some depth, and then develop that talent into winners, we would’ve already had several losing seasons, which would have a very negative effect on recruiting, which would prevent him from winning those necessary battles.   I think you can get where I’m going with this….

• Like 2

Maybe we go the route of Arkansas and hire a good guy that no ones ever heard of. He’s looking like a steal for them! And “home run hires” seem to turn out bad more times than not! 

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I thought you are in that “support all Auburn staff until they were gone” group?

Where did I say that? But yeah i pretty much do but that doesn't mean I don't hope for changes for the better.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Which is false.  Auburn has been far more stable than either LSU or Florida who are both, yet again, looking for a new coach. We gave CTT 10 years and Gus 8.  As for Chiz, there is not an AD in the country who wouldn't fire him for 2012.

It is a LIE that AU is somehow "unstable" with coaching changes.  AU has been one of the most stable in the SEC.  We can talk about boosters and all that, but the fact is once a coach is hired, he is given time.

BTW, I do not see Harsin leaving for UW.  For one thing, he isn't a serious candidate.  And if he were, UW would be on the hook for some major buyout money which they aren't going to pay for a coach who is sitting at 6-6.  Just my opinion.

THANK YOU!

Since I'm assuming the Farquad era is the time frame metric we're using here. Here are the number of coaches every other SEC team has had since then (2007) (not counting interims unless promoted):

Arkansas: Nutt, Petrino, Bielema, Morris, Pittman (5)

Auburn: Tuberville, Chizik, Malzahn, Harzig (4)

Florida: Meyer, Muschamp, McElwain, Mullen, ? (5)

Georgia: Richt, Smart (2)

Kentucky: Brooks, Phillips, Stoops (3)

LSU: Miles, Orgeron, ? (3)

Ole Miss: Orgeron, Nutt, Freeze, Luke, Kiffin (5)

MSU: Croom, Mullen, Moorehead, Leach (4)

Missouri: Pinkel, Odom, Drinkwitz (3)

USCe: Spurrier, Muschamp, Beamer (3)

Tennessee: Fulmer, Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, Pruitt, Heupel (6)

A&M: Franchione, Sherman, Sumlin, Fisher (4)

Vanderbilt: Johnson, Franklin, Mason, Lea (4)

Pundits haven't been slamming Florida as unstable. MSU fired a guy for going 8-5 and 6-7 and got a major upgrade.

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

THANK YOU!

Since I'm assuming the Farquad era is the time frame metric we're using here. Here are the number of coaches every other SEC team has had since then (2007) (not counting interims unless promoted):

Arkansas: Nutt, Petrino, Bielema, Morris, Pittman (5)

Auburn: Tuberville, Chizik, Malzahn, Harzig (4)

Florida: Meyer, Muschamp, McElwain, Mullen, ? (5)

Georgia: Richt, Smart (2)

Kentucky: Brooks, Phillips, Stoops (3)

LSU: Miles, Orgeron, ? (3)

Ole Miss: Orgeron, Nutt, Freeze, Luke, Kiffin (5)

MSU: Croom, Mullen, Moorehead, Leach (4)

Missouri: Pinkel, Odom, Drinkwitz (3)

USCe: Spurrier, Muschamp, Beamer (3)

Tennessee: Fulmer, Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, Pruitt, Heupel (6)

A&M: Franchione, Sherman, Sumlin, Fisher (4)

Vanderbilt: Johnson, Franklin, Mason, Lea (4)

Pundits haven't been slamming Florida as unstable. MSU fired a guy for going 8-5 and 6-7 and got a major upgrade.

Some of those listed are coaches that retired or took a position somewhere else.   When you take those out, Auburn isn’t that far removed from the others you mentioned.   And if some of the fan base had their way, Auburn would be in 5 after Saturday 

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Moorhead- 14-12   7-9 SEC

Leach -       11-11    7-10 SEC 

Major upgrade in what way?

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Moorhead- 14-12   7-9 SEC

Leach -       11-11    7-10 SEC 

Major upgrade in what way?

Trajectory, trajectory, trajectory. Three of MSU's losses were by 3 points or less this year. They return virtually their entire team next year. You do the math.

@aubaseball: That may be true. But my point was we're not firing coaches at a rate unseen anywhere else. With Florida, Meyer and Tuberville both resigned, everyone else following was fired.

@Butthead: Dell hell yes (should that be Dell yes?), Deion Sanders no thanks.

Edited by AUwent