Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

43 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Incredible offensive line, Nick, and Trigga Trey. 

If Gus would have recruited the Oline better, he probably would have won a natty or at least a few SEC championships. But they just recruited light out on QB’s and WR’s and didn’t think about providing the support the QB needed to actually use the WR’s.

Trigga Trey was Matthews, not Mason. ;)

But god, I miss Jeff Grimes.

Edited by AUwent

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Trigga Trey was Matthews, not Mason. ;)

But god, I miss Jeff Grimes.

Oh yea you’re right. My bad. 

But to be fair…..it was also Trey Matthews fault we were in the National Championship that year😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

But to be fair…..it was also Trey Matthews fault we were in the National Championship that year😏

Actually, it was Josh Harvey Clemmons' fault. Matthews would've likely caught it and then JHC bumped him and we all know the rest.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Actually, it was Josh Harvey Clemmons' fault. Matthews would've likely caught it and then JHC bumped him and we all know the rest.

It was actually a poor decision by Marshall that turned out to be an iconic moment in AU history.  He had Coates wide open on a dig route for the first down.  All they needed was a field goal.  Oh well.  That team was built on dramatic moments.  It worked out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fieldturf said:

Gus  .. Never did worse than 8-4, 

Incorrect.  2015 was 7-6.  Lots of years were 8-5.  Didn’t count the Covid-19 SEC only year. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Ted Roof? I'm guessing you're saying it came because of Cam Newton. 

2013's run? 

Gus did add there but definitely would not have made it without that QB either. 2 game changing QBs.

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Incorrect.  2015 was 7-6.  Lots of years were 8-5.  Didn’t count the Covid-19 SEC only year. 

And ... the 7th win was AU's awesome Birmingham Bowl victory!  Relive the greatness of that season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

And ... the 7th win was AU's awesome Birmingham Bowl victory!  Relive the greatness of that season.  

To cap off a season that began as a Top 10 team and Jeremy Johnson as a Heisman candidate.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

To cap off a season that began as a Top 10 team and Jeremy Johnson as a Heisman candidate.

Jeremy Johnson being a Heisman candidate should tell us all we need to know about preseason predictions. There isn't a coach in the world that could have turned that guy in to a dominate sec quarterback. 

4 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

It was actually a poor decision by Marshall that turned out to be an iconic moment in AU history.  He had Coates wide open on a dig route for the first down.  All they needed was a field goal.  Oh well.  That team was built on dramatic moments.  It worked out.

They will always be my favorite team ever fielded at Auburn. I loved watching Nick run the zone read

9 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Screenshot_20211127-205008_Facebook.jpg

Thank the gods. Last thing we need is a coaching carousel. Take this and build some momentum on the trail because Harsin’s team came in limping and pretty much took Saban’s team to the woodshed tonight. They needed the refs to bail em out at the end. Hell of a fight from our guys. Showed grit. Got robbed. Build on the positives from this game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Thank the gods. Last thing we need is a coaching carousel. Take this and build some momentum on the trail because Harsin’s team came in limping and pretty much took Saban’s team to the woodshed tonight. They needed the refs to bail em out at the end. Hell of a fight from our guys. Showed grit. Got robbed. Build on the positives from this game. 

Good post.  Amen.   I was all set to laugh at auburn ruining their year.   Thought the JH curse was working especially after the bobbled fg attempt (and that was The Bears great grandson, lol).  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Good post.  Amen.   I was all set to laugh at auburn ruining their year.   Thought the JH curse was working especially after the bobbled fg attempt (and that was The Bears great grandson, lol).  

I was definitely ready to celebrate the upset too. Also, I didn’t realize that about Bear’s great grandson. That’s pretty neat. Hope they miss a ton of field goals in the future. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Accident or not we still had that Natty wrapped up. Ricardo dropped a wide open td early just totally dropped it with no one around, missed fg, tre Mason just needed to go down on the 1 instead of scoring.. Ughh we beat the hell out of that team and fsu was holding so much it was obvious. Sorry, I've got my Pasadena hoody on I bought at the game. It was a fun game nonetheless.  Rant over.

11 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Aaron Murray still hasn't scored on the 4th down play before the hail Mary, but we digress....

• Like 3

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Can we just make Bruce AD and just all decide that whatever happens is good with us?

Requirements:

all coaches have to be animated yelling constantly and sweating profusely.

no shirts for coaches  

coaches have to be as accessible as Bruce 

coaches have to become integrated with student body  

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Can we just make Bruce AD and just all decide that whatever happens is good with us?

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing Friday when he was giving Boeheim the business in “Atlantis.”

3 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

He's only 45 as well, hope he can build something here.