Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

Let’s just hope wait and see what happens. Haven’t you guys learned by now, after our last coaching search?! 

Nobody knows a dam* thing! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

They won't when he's taking Jackson State to Division 1/FBS and winning recruiting battles and games. Dude can flat out win.

You just have to understand some people are just going to hate just for the sake of hating

Deon seems to be taking the Terry Bowden approach at North Alabama. Lots of transfers and winning.

He needs to compete at a better program before he's a realistic coach for any top level P5 team.

Seems his major recruiting wins are his son and a deommit from UT after they fire Pruitt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Deon seems to be taking the Terry Bowden approach at North Alabama. Lots of transfers and winning.

He needs to compete at a better program before he's a realistic coach for any top level P5 team.

Seems his major recruiting wins are his son and a deommit from UT after they fire Pruitt. 

What he did is coach up guys that were there to a point where it doesn't even seem fair to play teams of same calibre. But of course he needs to prove more, it's just funny to me how automatically it's funny and he's not a coach, but of course some coaches sun that was a grad assistant can step in and he looked at as a prodigy or something like that.

It's stuff like that imo that will make us have to wait until saban retires instead of actually unseating him.  And even then who knows? Because we'll always need to have somebody that fits in!

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What he did is coach up guys that were there to a point where it doesn't even seem fair to play teams of same calibre. But of course he needs to prove more, it's just funny to me how automatically it's funny and he's not a coach, but of course some coaches sun that was a grad assistant can step in and he looked at as a prodigy or something like that.

It's stuff like that imo that will make us have to wait until saban retires instead of actually unseating him.  And even then who knows? Because we'll always need to have somebody that fits in!

Maybe but Deon needs a little more experience in today’s college football world before taking a big time job. He’s well on his way. 

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's done a lot more than solely coach up existing bad/undeveloped/not very good players that was he inherited.  He's brought in a a lot of cast off talents from SEC schools and really upgraded their talent.  He's gotten more talented players than most FBS schools they are playing.  As everyone here complains about recruiting and where we are, what I described above is a massive part of the job and he's doing a really good job of that.

I think broadly painting as him "coaching up guys" is really overselling that aspect.

He just needs more time and will/should get a better job in a year or two.  Dominate, in the sunbelt at ULL or something and he'll get a good P5 job in a few years.

We probably aren't going to ever unseat Saban.  I don't think the Boosters we have backing the program will ever allow it unless we get absurdly lucky like Cam in 2010.  Our boosters want a puppet AD and a puppet coach, we're not going to find that combination of good AD/good coach.  They don't like Greene and now by extension don't like his hire (if Pat Dye's great nephew is correct).  They'll fire Greene, hire a stooge.  Harsin will wilt away b/c he can't recruit and then we'll hire some bum that is BFFs with yellawood and we'll continue to suck.

Or s***...maybe we hire Deon then.  

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's done a lot more than solely coach up existing bad/undeveloped/not very good players that was he inherited.  He's brought in a a lot of cast off talents from SEC schools and really upgraded their talent.  He's gotten more talented players than most FBS schools they are playing.  As everyone here complains about recruiting and where we are, what I described above is a massive part of the job and he's doing a really good job of that.

I think broadly painting as him "coaching up guys" is really overselling that aspect.

He just needs more time and will/should get a better job in a year or two.  Dominate, in the sunbelt at ULL or something and he'll get a good P5 job in a few years.

We probably aren't going to ever unseat Saban.  I don't think the Boosters we have backing the program will ever allow it unless we get absurdly lucky like Cam in 2010.  Our boosters want a puppet AD and a puppet coach, we're not going to find that combination of good AD/good coach.  They don't like Greene and now by extension don't like his hire (if Pat Dye's great nephew is correct).  They'll fire Greene, hire a stooge.  Harsin will wilt away b/c he can't recruit and then we'll hire some bum that is BFFs with yellawood and we'll continue to suck.

Or s***...maybe we hire Deon then.  

Sorry, but you don't know anything.  Every school has powerful boosters.  You talk in a vacuum regarding Auburn.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not broadly painting him anything I'm just not letting it be that he's not coaching he's just recruiting. Many of their most productive players are guys who have been on that team for a while. 

But that's nothing to argue about because as you have pointed out either way his team is winning and it's because of him and the work he's put in and he's made them a cut ahead of everybody else. I guess we can see how guys get to the NFL and how they perform.

Whoever decides not to be an idiot literally has a powerhouse and a potential dynasty when he gets hired. As soon as he arrives a schools talent level will increase incredibly. 

People are so dumb though....Sanders's here? This close to Atlanta AND Florida? With his connections to Texas as well? Our floor would be 9 wins every year. That's the worst we would do

I agree with your other stuff

Edited by cole256

9 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Sorry, but you don't know anything.  Every school has powerful boosters.  You talk in a vacuum regarding Auburn.  

Thanks pal

Just now, cole256 said:

But that's nothing to argue about because as you have pointed out either way his team is winning and it's because of him and the work he's put in and he's made them a cut ahead of everybody else

💯

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Whoever decides not to be an idiot literally has a powerhouse and a potential dynasty when he gets hired. As soon as he arrives a schools talent level will increase incredibly. 

I think he's on the rise and someone might be really right, but you've got to admit there is an absolutely massive amount of risk hiring a coach that has 1.5 years college coaching experience 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not broadly painting him anything I'm just not letting it be that he's not coaching he's just recruiting. Many of their most productive players are guys who have been on that team for a while. 

But that's nothing to argue about because as you have pointed out either way his team is winning and it's because of him and the work he's put in and he's made them a cut ahead of everybody else. I guess we can see how guys get to the NFL and how they perform.

People are so dumb though....Sanders's here? This close to Atlanta AND Florida? With his connections to Texas as well? Our floor would be 9 wins every year. That's the worst we would do

I agree with your other stuff

The fact that he's at Jackson State gives me pause, but if he could recruit...

2 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I guess you thought Clark was offered the job too.  

Nope

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Are you really taking this seriously? 

Good for Deion for having a great year in his second season. Maybe he’s got the makings of a special coach.  Or maybe he’s the next Malzahn, Muschamp, Tom Herman, Sumlin, Terry Bowden, Taggart, etc….All guys who got off to great starts their first year or two but couldn’t sustain. Time will tell but he has a lot more to prove. His charisma on the recruiting trail is probably off the charts. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He doesn't have enough experience to be thinking coaching us. If all you care about is recruiting, he's a person that you wouldn't ever have to worry about not recruiting well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

He doesn't have enough experience to be thinking coaching us. If all you care about is recruiting, he's a person that you wouldn't ever have to worry about not recruiting well

Wait I'm confused. It sounded like you were advocating for him?

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

💯

I think he's on the rise and someone might be really right, but you've got to admit there is an absolutely massive amount of risk hiring a coach that has 1.5 years college coaching experience 

I'm not saying we should hire him. I mean I would and worst case scenario I'm hiring another guy 3 years from now with a loaded team, but I wouldn't expect anybody to do that. When I wrote about him I was just saying it's funny how the man isn't taken seriously of being a coach period. I wasn't saying we should hire him.

I don't think we need to make a coaching change period right now

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm not saying we should hire him. I mean I would and worst case scenario I'm hiring another guy 3 years from now with a loaded team, but I wouldn't expect anybody to do that. When I wrote about him I was just saying it's funny how the man isn't taken seriously of being a coach period. I wasn't saying we should hire him.

I don't think we need to make a coaching change period right now

Agreed. Just thinking about if it should come to it next year.

Would love to see Deion replace Napier at ULL assuming he bolts. He'd possibly take some recruits away from LSU and the Texas schools. Then, if Harsin doesn't work out and Deion still looks really good do it. Worst case he'd bolster the talent level for the next guy