Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

30 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Trajectory, trajectory, trajectory. Three of MSU's losses were by 3 points or less this year. They return virtually their entire team next year. You do the math.

I did the math. You rejected it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I could be talked into this. The ONLY way I could though, is if the hire was a home run. And how confident are we that we could pull off a home run hire? 

Of course opposing coaches could also just tell recruits that Harsin saw us as so hopeless that he bolted for the PAC12….

Who do you consider home run?

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Maybe we go the route of Arkansas and hire a good guy that no ones ever heard of. He’s looking like a steal for them! And “home run hires” seem to turn out bad more times than not! 

He’s a steal bc of the coordinators. We will see when he loses them (I expect this year).

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I did the math. You rejected it. 

Fair. I just think he's done a very good job in Starkvegas so far and has them on a very good track (I think they're going to beat Ole Miss tonight).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Where did I say that? But yeah i pretty much do but that doesn't mean I don't hope for changes for the better.

I must have confused you with someone else. My apologies. Heck, I can’t even keep my own thoughts straight.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Where did I say that? But yeah i pretty much do but that doesn't mean I don't hope for changes for the better.

Pretty much where I'm at, though I'm all for giving Harsin another year to show progress. Flip Woodyard for instance and that's a hopeful sign.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Someone can throw darts blindfolded and hit enough recruits to get a class ranked in the 30s at Auburn and that is where we are now.

I’m just not as confident in that as you are. It’s clear that after the covid year, we have to work at recruiting/getting kids on campus.

16 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

So there’s definitely smoke here apparently?? Sure seems like it 

Nope. https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Washington-coaching-search-Auburn-Bryan-Harsin-not-seriously-in-the-mix-right-now-176020178/Amp/

“I know there have been some reports linking him to the Washington opening but I've heard from multiple people that Auburn HC Bryan Harsin isn't seriously in the mix for that job right now,”

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I find it humorous how people laugh off and not take Sanders seriously as a coach.

They won't when he's taking Jackson State to Division 1/FBS and winning recruiting battles and games. Dude can flat out win.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I don’t want to come come off as being scared to make a change, because I’m definitely not. I just think if Harsin left us at this point, it would be very bad for our program.

I could be totally wrong, however. It’s happened before.

That is a fair comment.  You could be right.

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Moorhead- 14-12   7-9 SEC

Leach -       11-11    7-10 SEC 

Major upgrade in what way?

Leach beat Auburn and Texas A&M...and they feel like there is an upside based on the offense he runs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Leach beat Auburn and Texas A&M...and they feel like there is an upside based on the offense he runs.

Yup. And they could very easily be 10-1. Three of their losses were by a combined 8 points.

Edited by AUwent

6 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Hopefully your being facetious.

Why?  There might be 5 coaches total that would make a bigger splash than those two. And at least two of those are no chances. 

Who could we get that would be dirt cheap. Is an awesome coach and recruits lights out? Weather forecast for tonight.....

FREEZE WARNING ⚠️ 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Who could we get that would be dirt cheap. Is an awesome coach and recruits lights out? Weather forecast for tonight.....

FREEZE WARNING ⚠️ 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnULVj2oDtQ

IDK about Freeze. Was the probation Ole Miss got on his fault? I'm pretty sure all his wins aside from 2015 were vacated.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Harsin has to be seriously considering this. Washington is a place he could be immediately successful. I do not doubt had the Washington job come up a year ago he would have taken it over the Auburn opportunity.

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Harsin has to be seriously considering this. Washington is a place he could be immediately successful. I do not doubt had the Washington job come up a year ago he would have taken it over the Auburn opportunity.

Well, doesn't sound like he is.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:14 PM, Randman5000 said:

Yeah would prefer someone not a good ole boy. I like Allen Greene. Think he's a fresh face to the SEC..I also like having a black man as AD and someone from who played sports and not from just the South. If he leaves I just hope we hire someone qualified.

Greene was in his 2nd year being an AD at Buffalo. The qualification bar isn't exactly insurmountable.

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Greene was in his 2nd year being an AD at Buffalo. The qualification bar isn't exactly insurmountable.

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

yeah, I prefer  to have this young man as ad: 

download.jpg

Edited by aucat