Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

I will say this. The last two losses had nothing to do with talent because we had better talent than either of those teams . The total blame for the last two losses is on the coaches . Whether it was playcalling,teaching, preparation or player performance, it was all in the coaches. 11 games in and they still don’t know how to motivate them or haven’t taught them is unacceptable. Harsin seems to be way over his head in the SEC west. I don’t think he will ever be a fit at AU. Time to accept the damage done and make a move. I also think it’s time to reassess Alan Green and his ability to do his job as well. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Most coaches see things as they want to see them. Great coaches see things as they really are. Not many great coaches out there. We need a great coach! WDE

PS: You may have to tolerate few idiosyncrasies that come with great coaches.

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He has daughters that are enjoying a certain atmosphere and attention that might’ve existed in Boise, but based on how hectic I’ve heard things have gone, I’d imagine they’re not used to. It’s them more than anything 

I've heard a similar rumor but it's pretty intense, and no clue if there's truth to it. If he leaves I'll assume it was true.

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Hey Dan Mullen is available if we are interested. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He might make a good OC and QB coach.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

So far in Pittman and Kiffin’s rebuild, they were faced with worse rosters and are competitive in year 2.  It’s hard to imagine us as a 9 win team next year.  Why is our rebuild supposed to be so much more difficult to endure? 

It all depends on if we can dominate the portal and not lose good players.

Hypothetically you add the Syracuse WR, two good OL, and tank doesn't leave we have enough talent on offense to score points. Bo with another spring and he might finally become consistent. We saw the "highs" in essentially every other game.

4-8 more players from the portal (bc it doesn't look good for HS kids right now).

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

He’s also a jerk, and was single-handedly responsible for the Cam Newton BS.

I understand that, but his ability to work with QBs (except this year) has been good and we need that.  He does have an abrasive personality.  

Edited by I_M4_AU

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I understand that, but his ability to work with QBs (except this year) has been good and we need that.  He does have an abrasive personality.  

Apparently, he hates recruiting as well.  Big ole hard pass on that guy.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I've heard a similar rumor but it's pretty intense, and no clue if there's truth to it. If he leaves I'll assume it was true.

Spoke with someone in September that lives near coach and sees the family around that area somewhat often, it's at least partially true. 

For all those be patient guys, you see where that got us with Gus. And as far as rebuilding the transfer portal is the best thing since scholarships began. Very good players hit the portal daily either playing behind a really good player or looking for a college to get some tv time. Go get a good coach right now and by February you won’t have to worry about the recruiting cycle. Your not getting HS kids but college guys that are ready to play. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

We do not need that snake anywhere near our football program. It would be an insult to Cam and his family. NOPE.....NOPE.....and extra NOPE.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Spoke with someone in September that lives near coach and sees the family around that area somewhat often, it's at least partially true. 

I know rumors are frowned upon. But for those of us not in the know these days, can someone please explain loosely what is supposedly going on? Via PM is fine.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm so lost. What area? 

19 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I know rumors are frowned upon. But for those of us not in the know these days, can someone please explain loosely what is supposedly going on? Via PM is fine.

Nothing juicy or anything on my end,  not really that in the know, it's just hard being a coach at Auburn and I've had that confirmed. Winning or losing, it's hard. I don't think that's a rumor or a surprise to anyone. 

16 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Nothing juicy or anything on my end,  not really that in the know, it's just hard being a coach at Auburn and I've had that confirmed. Winning or losing, it's hard. I don't think that's a rumor or a surprise to anyone. 

This is pretty much true for almost majority of the SEC schools and schools of notoriety , which is why they get paid greatly, win, loss or fired.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tigerchris said:

I’d take petrino..

I’m sure you say that in jest, but if it had happened when it was a done deal (and if he would have stayed) I do believe that Auburn would have had its best run in football.   JMO

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m sure you say that in jest, but if it had happened when it was a done deal (and if he would have stayed) I do believe that Auburn would have had its best run in football.   JMO

Until he wrecks a Harley on Shug Jordan Parkway.  

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

We do not need that snake anywhere near our football program. It would be an insult to Cam and his family. NOPE.....NOPE.....and extra NOPE.

If I had 1 million likes I would give them to you for this post.