Beamer said in the post game interview

PigskinPat

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, PigskinPat said:

That in the second half they lined up and ran the same two plays “over and over and over again”. Can anyone make a case on why we keep Mason?

As soon as someone makes the case as to why he was hired to begin with…then we discuss why keep him. The guy literally hired Ted Roof to help save his job last season. Saw this coming miles away. Had no business getting a decent job after what he did to Vandys D

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

That in the second half they lined up and ran the same two plays “over and over and over again”. Can anyone make a case on why we keep Mason?

uh, we have no depth on defense bc of Gus and the transfer portal...  Mason is working with an empty cupboard and the cupboard was designed for another style of food.

• Like 1

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I don’t see how anyone could at this point. Any GOOD DC would not have had that happen. He should be absolutely 1st FN person removed from staff!

Some grade A coaching from our staff to stop it. Even if you make a change at defense, doesn't fix the special teams and offensive woes. Need to start from the top.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

They scored once and didn't do much else. I am no fan of this defense but it wasn't like they had a lot of success offensively. When you only score 3 points in 3 quarters, that makes it a lot harder to win.

Not saying Mason is free of criticism but y'all don't realize how depleted on talent this team is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

uh, we have no depth on defense bc of Gus and the transfer portal...  Mason is working with an empty cupboard and the cupboard was designed for another style of food.

LOL; was waiting for the excuses after blowing a 25 point lead, then a 14 point lead in back to back weeks. Here they come…

Meanwhile, our O’coordinator, isn’t much better.

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

It was time for Gus to go however Gus was six and four last year against only SEC teams. These leads blown the last couple weeks are simply not excusable!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

LOL; was waiting for the excuses after blowing a 25 point lead, then a 14 point lead in back to back weeks. Here they come…

Meanwhile, our O’coordinator, isn’t much better.

Tank ran all over the USC defense all night. He never touched the ball on our last possession.  ??

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

Not saying Mason is free of criticism but y'all don't realize how depleted on talent this team is.

We have far more talent than South Carolina. They only won two games last year and also have a 1st year coach. The offense scored 3 points in the last 3 quarters. Why are we focusing on Mason?

19 minutes ago, nurbis said:

We have far more talent than South Carolina. They only won two games last year and also have a 1st year coach. The offense scored 3 points in the last 3 quarters. Why are we focusing on Mason?

Same. I agree, this isn't on Mason its on terrible playcalling by Bobo. The scheme is great. I love it. but bobo yikes.  4th and 1 heavy package on both sides of the ball. run the Gronk fake block with Shenker or Fromm easy three yard completion for Finley. yet Bobo throws a long 50/50 ball.

• Like 1

The current players would be surprised to learn that they are so far below even south Carolina in talent level. I don’t believe it.  It’s coaching. Seeing a team completely out schemed can make them seem bad when it’s the scheme not their talent that is lacking.  Anybody remember spring when we thought our dbs were going to be the strong point and upper level in the conference?

This team is not below USCe in talent.  USCe is on like their 4th QB this year.  The QB tonight is a transfer from a D3 school.  USCe only has like 70 scholarship players on the roster right now.

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Mason and the entire D staff should be ashamed. That’s embarrassingly bad. 

In the end the defense only gave up 21 points. I don't think defense was our main problem tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

In the end the defense only gave up 21 points. I don't think defense was our main problem tonight.

It wasn't but the people putting this on Mason aren't scheme guys or smart football guys for that matter.

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

The headline of the thread is that they only ran two plays the second half, that’s what the comment referred to. You are right though, D wasn’t the main problem tonight. 

• Like 1

He's not far off from the truth. They ran it inside and bounced outside like a dozen times in the second half. We had no answer. Continually jammed up the middle and they bounced for 8+ over and over and over and over and over.

#11 schooled us and we missed tackles. IT was more than just 2 plays. jeez. Defense, offense, special teams need work. We need better players, need to get our key players back and we need our coaches to put players in better position. 

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

Sounds like when I play NCAA on rookie difficulty. Except I win by 70 points. 

1 hour ago, Didba said:

The scary part is we aren’t recruiting either.