SC Post-game thread

TitanTiger

Many of us figured this would be a 6-7 win season, with possibilities that we could win a couple of close ones we shouldn't. 

The product we've put on the field the last few games has been pretty horrendous. That's lack of preparation and adaptation.  All coaching.

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

We're usually on the same page and I see what you are saying. I had no expectations of beating bammer. We weren't doing it. I figured we'd beat South c but I figured it would be a tough game. The games against arky miss miss st I knew they could go either way. 

We really aren't even top heavy with talent, we damn sure don't have any depth whatsoever. 

So now it's to your point, when it's close you need your coaches to be that difference and I agree completely. As far as defense goes I don't see what he can do. I feel like he used every trick and did a great job to get what he got out of the defense. There's no scheming around no d line. There's just nothing you can do. In college AND NFL I haven't seen any defense scheme around that and be successful

you are 1000% correct... this fan base needs to look in the mirror and take off the orange and blue glasses and come to grip with we or vastly under talented in the trenches and everywhere else + no viable depth, we have 2 different makers on this team, Roger and tank and maybe Mcclain after that good luck, have some coaching decision played a part in the outcome of some games absolutely, we need to take our dose of medicine and look to improve for next year and see what happens. There is a reason Hunter is 1 of 2 true freshman that is playing this year, this staff is putting last year class in the lab to be developed and prepared for next year. I look for this coaching staff to go young player wise, to build experience, and to use that as a recruiting tool. We all love Auburn but asked yourself do I see anybody out there in uniform equivalent to Brown/Davidson/Dee Ford/ Nick Fairley/ josh Bynes/ k j Britt/ Carlos rogers/ Carlton Davis/ Ryan Davis/ Darius Slayton/ Sammie coats/ Duke Williams/ Kyle Davis/ Quan Bray/ Lee Zimba/ Ryan Pugh/Greg Robinson/ Shon Coleman/ Alex Kozan the sooner this fan base can realize that the better you will feel about where we are at and what it will take to get where we want to be.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

you are 1000% correct... this fan base needs to look in the mirror and take off the orange and blue glasses and come to grip with we or vastly under talented in the trenches and everywhere else + no viable depth, we have 2 different makers on this team, Roger and tank and maybe Mcclain after that good luck, have some coaching decision played a part in the outcome of some games absolutely, we need to take our dose of medicine and look to improve for next year and see what happens. There is a reason Hunter is 1 of 2 true freshman that is playing this year, this staff is putting last year class in the lab to be developed and prepared for next year. I look for this coaching staff to go young player wise, to build experience, and to use that as a recruiting tool. We all love Auburn but asked yourself do I see anybody out there in uniform equivalent to Brown/Davidson/Dee Ford/ Nick Fairley/ josh Bynes/ k j Britt/ Carlos rogers/ Carlton Davis/ Ryan Davis/ Darius Slayton/ Sammie coats/ Duke Williams/ Kyle Davis/ Quan Bray/ Lee Zimba/ Ryan Pugh/Greg Robinson/ Shon Coleman/ Alex Kozan the sooner this fan base can realize that the better you will feel about where we are at and what it will take to get where we want to be.

As has been said before, I think people would be a lot easier on Harsin for the performance on the field if we were seeing better momentum in recruiting, but right now AU's 22 recruiting class is small and near the bottom of the SEC, and we'll have to have a BIG finish to just end up with an average class. 

Transfer portal can only help out so much. 

I think you're gonna keep seeing grumbling and skepticism with Harsin and staff throughout this next offseason until hopefully we can start off the 2023 class on a strong foot and show some momentum towards improvement. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

As has been said before, I think people would be a lot easier on Harsin for the performance on the field if we were seeing better momentum in recruiting, but right now AU's 22 recruiting class is small and near the bottom of the SEC, and we'll have to have a BIG finish to just end up with an average class. 

Transfer portal can only help out so much. 

I thin you're gonna keep seeing grumbling and skepticism and Harsin and staff throughout this next offseason until hopefully we can start off the 2023 class on a strong foot and show some momentum towards improvement. 

Rome was not built in a DAY!!!!

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

Rome was not built in a DAY!!!!

No. And if Auburn spends the next four years getting obliterated by bama and UGA, they'll be calling in a different builder. That's just reality. Harsin is on a tighter clock than his progress allows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

No. And if Auburn spends the next four years getting obliterated by bama and UGA, they'll be calling in a different builder. That's just reality. Harsin is on a tighter clock than his progress allows. 

Irrational, really where are you going to replace Harsin?

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

Irrational, really where are you going to replace Harsin?

I'm not saying it is rational, but the money they spend on football isn't rational and the expectations brought on by that money isn't rational. 

Malzahn made it through 8 years largely based on 2013. Harsin has a likely 6-6 reg season and a bad recruiting year starting out and he was not a prestige hire by any measure. His leash will be far shorter going forward. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I'm not saying it is rational, but the money they spend on football isn't rational and the expectations brought on by that money isn't rational. 

Malzahn made it through 8 years largely based on 2013. Harsin has a likely 6-6 reg season and a bad recruiting year starting out and he was not a prestige hire by any measure. His leash will be far shorter going forward. 

2013 and 2017. 2017 renewed the hope because of being one game away of being in the playoffs 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

It'll will probably get worse before it gets better. Culture change takes time. The best players aren't always the "right" players. Once your culture is in place, you can take some flyers on some studs and the team will assimilate them into the culture. It's gonna take time to recover from the last 7 years. Barfield got 5 years and Chiz got 4, I'd assume Harsin would get the same courtesy.

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

It'll will probably get worse before it gets better. Culture change takes time. The best players aren't always the "right" players.

Giving me Butch Jones vibes here:

"We've won the biggest Championship...that's the Championship of life" 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

It'll will probably get worse before it gets better. Culture change takes time. The best players aren't always the "right" players. Once your culture is in place, you can take some flyers on some studs and the team will assimilate them into the culture. It's gonna take time to recover from the last 7 years. Barfield got 5 years and Chiz got 4, I'd assume Harsin would get the same courtesy.

Chiz won a National championship. Doesn’t matter if he stunk it up in 2012 and he had some serious recruits. His downfall was for some reason he wanted a pro style offense. The defense was serviceable but the offense couldn’t score in most games if their life depended on it.
Harsin is TBD but it’s safe to say Auburn won’t win a championship in year two. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Chiz won a National championship. Doesn’t matter if he stunk it up in 2012 and he had some serious recruits. His downfall was for some reason he wanted a pro style offense. The defense was serviceable but the offense couldn’t score in most games if their life depended on it.
Harsin is TBD but it’s safe to say Auburn won’t win a championship in year two. 

neither did Kirby or Dabo or Dye or Tommy the last two coaches to do it are no longer coaching, Gene/ Ed Orgeron. Does anybody remember some of the bone headed decision Kirby made in year 1-2??? please people get over where Auburn football program is at, it has to be rebuilt, we divorced our last coach because the program was broken, we now have married Harsin lets give it TIME to see how this marriage is going to work..

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

neither did Kirby or Dabo or Dye or Tommy the last two coaches to do it are no longer coaching, Gene/ Ed Orgeron. Does anybody remember some of the bone headed decision Kirby made in year 1-2??? please people get over where Auburn football program is at, it has to be rebuilt, we divorced our last coach because the program was broken, we now have married Harsin lets give it TIME to see how this marriage is going to work..

What does Kirby or Dabo have to do with the situation. I was talking about Chiz and his championship whether he stunk it up his last year or not. Giving him time doesn’t mean u have to be ok with what is happening. If u are ok with it that’s fine but don’t expect others to be. It’s one thing to be a one time off but this is recurring theme. Recruiting isn’t the greatest so where is the hope in this situation. Kirby and Dabo had monster recruiting classes coming in so there is your hope since u want to use them as measuring sticks.

Edited by e808

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

What does Kirby or Dabo have to do with the situation. I was talking about Chiz and his championship whether he stunk it up his last year or not. Giving him time doesn’t mean u have to be ok with what is happening. If u are ok with it that’s fine but don’t expect others to be. It’s one thing to be a one time off but this is recurring theme. Recruiting isn’t the greatest so where is the hope in this situation. Kirby and Dabo had monster recruiting classes coming in so there is your hope since u want to use them as measuring sticks.

I give up, patience is a virtue..

36 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

U are preaching patience without anything of substance to back that stance.  In the what have u done for me lately world a job won’t have patience unless u give them a reason to believe in u. 
Lastly, the coach could show a little more emotion when the players are hit with BS calls. Just like he lets the team have it at the half . He should let the refs have it. That goes along way for letting the players know u have their back.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

U are preaching patience without anything of substance to back that stance.  In the what have u done for me lately world a job won’t have patience unless u give them a reason to believe in u. 
Lastly, the coach could show a little more emotion when the players are hit with BS calls. Just like he lets the team have it at the half . He should let the refs have it. That goes along way for letting the players know u have their back.

The sooner you realize this is AUBURN the better off you will be, we had 2 calls in consecutive weeks that was made from BIRMINGHAM!!!!! and not on the field my friend. Harsin has come to the conclusion that his place in this conference is minuscule..

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

It might not be fun, but patience is the only current option. It could take a while to know what we have with Harsin. No way you can fire him after one season. 

3 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

The sooner you realize this is AUBURN the better off you will be, we had 2 calls in consecutive weeks that was made from BIRMINGHAM!!!!! and not on the field my friend. Harsin has come to the conclusion that his place in this conference is minuscule..

The TD one was BS. The punt situation should have never happened just field the ball. I get what u saying though 

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

It might not be fun, but patience is the only current option. It could take a while to know what we have with Harsin. No way you can fire him after one season. 

I know just saying it doesn’t keep people from calling a spade a spade. Realistically 4 years might be the ceiling. Bo will be back next year. Most of his guys won’t have their feet truly wet until year 4. 

Just now, e808 said:

I know just saying it doesn’t keep people from calling a spade a spade. Realistically 4 years might be the ceiling. Bo will be back next year. Most of his guys won’t have their feet truly wet until year 4. 

Yeah, fair enough. I'm afraid it will take a while. I don't see a major influx of talent until the '23 recruiting class and then those guys will need time to develop. I still think Harsin could work out, but of course we all have doubts. Wins the last couple weeks would have made a huge difference. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

what year is Kirby in?

58 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

what year is Kirby in?

6 so what’s the point. Please don’t tell me u comparing Harsin with Kirby. 

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Ignore function is much more satisfying and calming and effective.

Edited by oracle79

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Giving me Butch Jones vibes here:

Yeah I can see that but no. You can recruit quality athletes that fit your culture. Now the prima donnas may not fit, but you're going to need a couple of game changers eventually to win it all. It's easier to bring them in when you got 80 plus other good athletes that have already bought in to your system. Screw Butch Jones and his loser talk. That's freakin' nonsense. (Except maybe grammar school soccer teams.)