SC Post-game thread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

As bad as the defense was last week, that is our best performing group right now.

Wow. Havent thought about it this way but you are absolutely correct.  Thats a very scary and sobering thought.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

How many fans are starting not to care? 

I have near zero desire to watch the IB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The team isn't that good......unreal expectations. I tried to tell people. I was surprised when we beat ole miss and arky

With better coaching all around we're good enough to beat State and USC.

8-4 would have been a good 1st season with a decent bowl game

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

With better coaching all around we're good enough to beat State and USC.

8-4 would have been a good 1st season with a decent bowl game

Yeah I won't argue that we should beat those teams. As far as defense I don't care what you have on the back end if you don't have at least one dominant guy on that dline you are a liability. 

We shouldn't have ever been in that position against ga st either but there we were. We aren't that good

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I won't argue that we should beat those teams. As far as defense I don't care what you have on the back end if you don't have at least one dominant guy on that dline you are a liability. 

We shouldn't have ever been in that position against ga st either but there we were. We aren't that good

Yeah that's why I said all around. Defense was bad, but just one part of it being bad.

Worst part is I feel like we've regressed

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The team isn't that good......unreal expectations. I tried to tell people. I was surprised when we beat ole miss and arky

I’m not sure what expectations are/were as they are different for everyone, but not having a soon to be 4 game losing streak to end the regular shouldn’t be too much to ask for. Also some forward momentum even in a loss would be a reasonable expectation instead of this incredible regression we’ve seen. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m not sure what expectations are/were as they are different for everyone, but not having a soon to be 4 game losing streak to end the regular shouldn’t be too much to ask for. Also some forward momentum even in a loss would be a reasonable expectation instead of this incredible regression we’ve seen. 

I was hoping for 8 wins. 

6-6 is an big disappointment 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

I’m not sure what expectations are/were as they are different for everyone, but a soon to be 4 game losing streak to end the regular shouldn’t be too much to ask for. Also some forward momentum even in a loss would be a reasonable expectation instead of this incredible regression we’ve seen. 

We're usually on the same page and I see what you are saying. I had no expectations of beating bammer. We weren't doing it. I figured we'd beat South c but I figured it would be a tough game. The games against arky miss miss st I knew they could go either way. 

We really aren't even top heavy with talent, we damn sure don't have any depth whatsoever. 

So now it's to your point, when it's close you need your coaches to be that difference and I agree completely. As far as defense goes I don't see what he can do. I feel like he used every trick and did a great job to get what he got out of the defense. There's no scheming around no d line. There's just nothing you can do. In college AND NFL I haven't seen any defense scheme around that and be successful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We're usually on the same page and I see what you are saying. I had no expectations of beating bammer. We weren't doing it. I figured we'd beat South c but I figured it would be a tough game. The games against arky miss miss st I knew they could go either way. 

We really aren't even top heavy with talent, we damn sure don't have any depth whatsoever. 

So now it's to your point, when it's close you need your coaches to be that difference and I agree completely. As far as defense goes I don't see what he can do. I feel like he used every trick and did a great job to get what he got out of the defense. There's no scheming around no d line. There's just nothing you can do. In college AND NFL I haven't seen any defense scheme around that and be successful

After watching last night,  I remember the play were AU lined up in pistol formation and ran play action and threw a crossing route for a 15-20 yard gain (don’t remember who caught it , could have been Jackson).  Anyway, that should have been the offense all year.   Run out of the pistol, different personnel packages, pound it with tank and hunter and play action off of it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Pittman seems like a good coach. But the only hope right now is we can mimic the same year 2 bump Arky did. They were really bad in his 1st year, they year (year 2) a lot better.

I'm skeptical it happens, but that's all we have right now

Coming off two years where they were 2-10 and winless in the SEC, they won three games with an all-conference schedule (and let's be honest should've been four). All wins over teams they were going to play anyway.

Edited by AUwent

11 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't watch the game live, just got done watching it though. God....another pathetic 3 quarters of football. Defense is weak, Offense in anemic in the RZ. I don't know what to think. 

I will say this...regardless if that punt touched Simpson or not, I blame the coaches completely for that happening because they should have replaced D. Robertson at PR 4 weeks ago. He has shown all season to be timid and scared back there and his unwillingness to field a punt again caused that whole situation. 

Out of likes but ye

When your PR routinely has to do that hurried hop onto the ball bc he doesn’t want to return it but also doesn’t want it to skip into our 10 (or worse) every time, that’s a sign of something 

Especially when we don’t have Shivers do anything except 3rd down blocking occasionally. Why not use him there? Or Tarvish??? What happened to that guy????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I will be there screaming for the team as always. 

I'll probably watch. I don't want to tho

14 hours ago, tigerchris said:

Remember when madden games had the “random” play selection?   That worked better than what I saw today.  

This should certainly be an option for next week.  LMAO

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

OL had their worst Pass Protection grade of the season last night.

Which begs the question:

Why are we throwing it 32 times when that same O line was averaging 5.5 yards per rush?

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Which begs the question:

Why are we throwing it 32 times when that same O line was averaging 5.5 yards per rush?

I think it's a law at AU (since Coach Dye) that you can only run two times in a row and only in the first half. Or part of the first half.  After that it's play action and throw for a bit, and then just line up in a formation that says " we're throwing! " To the opposing defense. Unless the game is against an inferior team, in which we look like National Championship offenses. 🤷

17 hours ago, Didba said:

Its bad dude.  I thought UGA fans exaggerated when we hired him... They did not.

I get the concern.. I am thinking that CBH needed inroads into recruiting the south, as has been mentioned on the board. Bobo being an ex QB( and growing up an Auburn Fan) "seemed" like a decent fit. Coach Mason "seemed" to be a good fit for DC, with West coast ties.. I did hate to see Rodney Garner go, I always thought he was an excellent Coach and Recruiter. I grew to like Kevin Steele. I was hoping that Harsin would call his own plays. 

18 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

I think it is a collapse of coordinators. We will see if he makes the changes necessary. I'm sure you wont agree with that, because you seldom agree with anyone but yourself. 

Interesting...I think that's second to the collapse of talent, excepts for a good player here and there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

However this is a fairly experienced team on both sides of the ball. Not great, but decent experience. Where is Pappoe? Not having him in the middle has been huge. As for the regression, as each team goal slipped away, it's very possible the older players have lost drive (and interest). It doesn't take much for that to spread through the team, example, Harsin asking BN to keep sidelines up and active!