SC Post-game thread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Then why did they go 8-28 the three years before he arrived? 4-20 the two?

bad offensive and defensive scheme. pretty simple... I don't know why you needed to ask me.  Its well known.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, au302 said:

I'm thinking big picture not just tonight. Yes, tonight was horrible and lays on the shoulders of this staff and these players. But let's look at big picture. In 2014 I think it's fair to say only Bama was clear cut ahead of us as a program. In 2017 UGA was passing us up but still respectable. By the end of 2020 we were clearly behind Bama, UGA, A&M, LSU, and Florida. Now we are arguably even or behind the Mississippi schools and Arkansas. It's been a quick and horrible descent. It falls on everyone associated with the program. 

What’s crazy is that if you stated this 4 weeks ago. We could argue we were right there with Ole Piss, MSST, and Arkansas if not just a bit ahead of them. 

Suddenly, I’m jealous of Beamer’s USCe and them tearing down the goalposts. 

But yes. We have been falling since 2015. It’s catching up. But the regression of this team the past 3 weeks is incredible.

50 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I think it is a collapse of coordinators. We will see if he makes the changes necessary. I'm sure you wont agree with that, because you seldom agree with anyone but yourself. 

The truth hurts doesn’t it!

6 hours ago, Taco said:

What’s crazy is that if you stated this 4 weeks ago. We could argue we were right there with Ole Piss, MSST, and Arkansas if not just a bit ahead of them. 

Suddenly, I’m jealous of Beamer’s USCe and them tearing down the goalposts. 

But yes. We have been falling since 2015. It’s catching up. But the regression of this team the past 3 weeks is incredible.

This is when I know that you don’t know what you’re talking about.  The field security staff put the goal post down.   

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't watch the game live, just got done watching it though. God....another pathetic 3 quarters of football. Defense is weak, Offense in anemic in the RZ. I don't know what to think. 

I will say this...regardless if that punt touched Simpson or not, I blame the coaches completely for that happening because they should have replaced D. Robertson at PR 4 weeks ago. He has shown all season to be timid and scared back there and his unwillingness to field a punt again caused that whole situation. 

Thank you.   Someone that actually watches the games 

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

they should have replaced D. Robertson at PR 4 weeks ago. He has shown all season to be timid and scared back there and his unwillingness to field a punt again caused that whole situation. 

This right here.  He's been like this all season and is the same at WR.  Plays scared.  It's like he has PTSD or something.  Our talent at many spots on this team is questionable at best.

The bad part is that we were not good in all 3 phases. Offense once again went south, defense gives up TDs every time we need a stop, and the special teams- oh my the special teams. Missing kicks, penalties, can’t field punts… 

Really disappointed in the coaching. 

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Harsin ain't going to UW.  They require vaccination.

If he won't confirm that, he's a non-starter.

Maybe we get lucky and he's fired one 12/8

7 hours ago, Taco said:

I was stating Pittman inherited a program worse than what Harsin inherited. 

Pittman seems like a good coach. But the only hope right now is we can mimic the same year 2 bump Arky did. They were really bad in his 1st year, they year (year 2) a lot better.

I'm skeptical it happens, but that's all we have right now

The team isn't that good......unreal expectations. I tried to tell people. I was surprised when we beat ole miss and arky

11 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

ST disaster...and may be a dumber OC than Tony Franklin. Imagine that.

I hear Tony Franklin is available...

58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The team isn't that good......unreal expectations. I tried to tell people. I was surprised when we beat ole miss and arky

As I look back, you are probably right. Could easily be 3 - 8 right now, including a to GA St. And let's not talk about the Houdini like performance from Nix to win the LSU game (2 - 9).

Edited by Never2Yield

9 hours ago, DAG said:

I still want to know the rationale of doing a play action pass on 4th and 1 with a 6’7 qb under center and tank in the backfield . That was an all time terrible call 

even my not-so-football-literate wife was saying "don't most teams just do the thing with the QB there? just jump over the top?"

• Haha 1

We are not a good team. Our roster is thin and we’ve had some key injuries that have really hurt (OP playing very little for much of the season has really made a difference in our defense despite Zackoby’s heroic play). Every SEC team that we’ve played this year is at least as good as they were last year and most are considerably better. It was always going to be a tough year (despite some of the absurd posts about a 9-3 floor because of our experienced roster). Having said all that….we are getting worse in all three phases of the game as the year progresses. The optimism and enthusiasm I had managed to gin up in the offseason is gone. Past 5-6 years of Auburn football, with a few great moments sprinkled in, have been a wasteland of mediocrity. With Bammers dominance this is feeling depressingly like the 70s again. Sigh…..

What else that's hilarious, he fired corn as if everybody else wasn't trash, and as far as recruiting goes we are going to feel the effects of firing him in recruiting and he could've really helped with in state recruiting.....

Same people that were so proud and happy as far as firing him the same that's crying about recruiting

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What else that's hilarious, he fired corn as if everybody else wasn't trash, and as far as recruiting goes we are going to feel the effects of firing him in recruiting and he could've really helped with in state recruiting.....

Same people that were so proud and happy as far as firing him the same that's crying about recruiting

If the rumors about why corn was let go are true I doubt he’ll talk much smack against us.

1 minute ago, ToomersRevenge said:

If the rumors about why corn was let go are true I doubt he’ll talk much smack against us.

It's nothing to do with smack talk. He doesn't have to say a word, there's a bunch of relationships that were strained from the move period.

I don't imagine he'd say one word about Auburn whether it was justified or not

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Pittman seems like a good coach. But the only hope right now is we can mimic the same year 2 bump Arky did. They were really bad in his 1st year, they year (year 2) a lot better.

I'm skeptical it happens, but that's all we have right now

Yeah but Arkansas was a dumpster fire with Morris the year before Pittman was hired. Sure Arkansas was bad in Pittman's first year but you could watch them and see the immediate improvement from the previous year. I remember being really impressed with how well and how hard they played last year. Does anybody believe we are a better team this year than last? Have we seen across the board improvement. We are terrible in all 3 phases. As bad as the defense was last week, that is our best performing group right now.

• Like 1