SC Post-game thread

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Going for it on 4th and 1 was a great call.  The play call utilized was atrocious.  You run the Gronk fake block route with Shenker and its an easy completion.

YOU HAVE A 6'7" MONSTER UNDER CENTER.  THROWING AT ALL IS STUPID AF.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Harsin ain't going to UW.  They require vaccination.

If he won't confirm that, he's a non-starter.

Lmao funny, you don’t think he would have that conversation? It’s possible he’s vaxx’d he just doesn’t like answering non football questions or questions about his private life. 

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Do you seriously, actually think Washington wants Harsin?

No, I don't think he's going anywhere. They will call because Petersen is his mentor and is going to have influence. Just playing hypothetical if the majority of this board gets their wish 

Just now, Dan-0 said:

It´s as bad as I can ever remember. I know our O-line is average, at best, this year but we still have playmakers on offense, what happened? At least Gus showed offensive creativity.

Tank went for 160+ tonight, he could’ve gone for 200. Our O Line didn’t lose us the game. The refs didn’t lose us the game. The coaching failed us. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

It´s as bad as I can ever remember. I know our O-line is average, at best, this year but we still have playmakers on offense, what happened? At least Gus showed offensive creativity.

O line wasn't a problem tonight.  We ran it fine and should have leaned more on Tank.  Just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You’re right. Harsin has us on the right track, I’m just being crazy. 

See man, isn't that better lmao.  I know you are 95% likely being sarcastic but maybe you aren't and that'd be cool.

This team stinks and our coach is a dud. Not much else to say. Effing embarrassing!

Its becoming an all too familiar feeling to give zero s**ts about football in November.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I've tried to stay positive about this season the past few weeks because we have so many holes and I just really like the Harsin hire, but tonight has done it for me. Next week will be a blood letting and we will close the season on a 4 game losing streak.

Heads need to roll because we are being out coached instead of out-talented. 

Bobo and Mason gotta go. Bring out the Brinks truck for someone like Kendall Briles or Jeff Leby. 

Hey I just want to say even though I don't mince words and can be harsh at times, I love all y'all even the Gus apologists.  We are all Auburn, All together.  The times are tough right now, and I give the harsh reasonable takes because sometimes we as fans can be real knee jerky.  So I try and take all emotion out of it and looks at things as rationally and objectively as possible in my analysis of scheme, etc.  Hate me for what I say but know that I just want to educate y'all on the things I truly see and believe to be true.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This team stinks and our coach is a dud. Not much else to say. Effing embarrassing!

Its becoming an all too familiar feeling to give zero s**ts about football in November.

#basketballschoollife

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tank went for 160+ tonight, he could’ve gone for 200. Our O Line didn’t lose us the game. The refs didn’t lose us the game. The coaching failed us. 

Playcalling takes the L here. As bad as its ever been even under Gus. hell, Gus was predicatable and would sometimes call those low percentage passes but even he would call a quick short pass or a run on 4th and 1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

No, I don't think he's going anywhere. They will call because Petersen is his mentor and is going to have influence. Just playing hypothetical if the majority of this board gets their wish 

I think you’re missing the point of why on earth would they want him but I wish you well, hope you have a good evening!

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

O line wasn't a problem tonight.  We ran it fine and should have leaned more on Tank.  Just stupid.

True. We should have not only gotten Tank the ball more but also Hunter and Shivers too. We probably could have won this game without throwing a pass.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I think you’re missing the point of why on earth would they want him but I wish you well, hope you have a good evening!

Same to you brother. I'm enjoying the takes in here. They'd probably want him because he has a solid to good track record in that part of the country. Very respectable at Boise. Petersen is his mentor and will probably lead the search. He'd be more in his element recruiting out there. Would make sense to me

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Taco said:

Damn. He’s making me miss Gus so..

It was past time for Jay Jacobs to go, then we bring in a guy from Buffalo. It was probably time for Gus to go, and we bring in a guy from Boise Idaho? I didn’t get it then, I don’t get it now.

By mid-season I thought Harsin was figuring it out, and coming on. But this has been a complete collapse!

Praise God for the officiating in the Georgia State game or we’re not even bowl eligible.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

Tonight sold me that Harsin was a bad hire. 

He was brought in to change culture. It's gotten worse. We are sloppier in every phase of the game, have no offensive identity, are fundamentally poor and have declined over the course of the season. 

He preached being more physical. We are as soft an Auburn team as I've seen. Outside of a scripted drive or two, we are always reacting, never dictating. 

His recruiting is bad. 

People always warn of us becoming Tennessee and I see Harsin as our Derek Dooley moment. We can't afford the three or four years a bunch of west coast coaches will need to build relationships around here, but that may just be the boat we're in. We need recruiters. Hopefully changes to that effect are made, but I've seen nothing from Harsin at this point to be optimistic about. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

True. We should have not only gotten Tank the ball more but also Hunter and Shivers too. We probably could have won this game without throwing a pass.

We averaged over 5 yards per carry.  There was zero reason to throw.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

We averaged over 5 yards per carry.  There was zero reason to throw.

Carolina covered the tight end and we had no clue what to do. Why the heck we even threw a pass in the second half is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

His recruiting is bad. 

People always warn of us becoming Tennessee and I see Harsin as our Derek Dooley moment. We can't afford the three or four years a bunch of west coast coaches will need to build relationships around here, but that may just be the boat we're in. We need recruiters. Hopefully changes to that effect are made, but I've seen nothing from Harsin at this point to be optimistic about. 

That’s just being flat out disrespectful. 

Dooley had top-15 classes every year. 

Several weeks ago I got the riot act for seeing these tendencies against superior teams when it was easy to write off losses as talent differences. But now that the talent difference isn’t really an option people are finally starting to realize it’s actually way worse than that.

36 minutes ago, Taco said:

You’ve been talking about being out-talented all night. You understand Cam and Jason Brown is not even a comparison right? I’m criticizing JASON BROWN, because of people like YOU, stating we were out-talented on the field tonight. 

Hypocrisy??? I think a 4/5-star transfer and and NR transfer is not even the same in terms of talent? I’ve apparently been keeping up with recruiting incorrectly my whole life. 

but let’s talk about hypocrisy real quick. So a less talented QB kicking our butt. Is that us being out-talented or us getting out-played and out-coached? 

I’ll wait farmer. 

I wasn't saying that a walk-on Qb was as good as Cam Newton. You are the typical know-it-all that has to be right, it appears. I still say that the SC team might not have a bunch of stars smars players, but tonight, there talent was equal to ours. If you don't agree with that, then move on. Go eat a Taco. 

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It was past time for Jay Jacobs to go, then we bring in a guy from Buffalo. It was probably time for Gus to go, and we bring in a guy from Boise Idaho? I didn’t get it then, I don’t get it now.

I was definitely on the fire Gus bandwagon because he had time to build a program and it became clear AU would always be a middle-of-the-pack team in the SEC West. I was hoping Harsin would be the coach who could make us a top-of-the-pack team in the SEC West again. I still have hope he can do that but I don´t like the path we´re on now because it looks like we´re getting badly outcoached by teams with less talent.