Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

46 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Do yall remember Bama and how there fans demanded Saban after Rich Rod thing? AU fans are more powerful imo.

If there’s a Saban out there, I’ll sign up for whatever you are trying to do. Until then, let’s give Harsin a little time. First season isn’t even over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I literally haven't followed recruiting this year and refuse to look to see where we are at because I've been seeing people say stuff and I'm literally scared to see where we are at 😂

We're ranked poorly right now mainly due to class size. I don't think we'll get to top 15, especially since we're seemingly coming in 2nd alot and lost the shot out at the best player on our board. 

Don't think it is a disaster, but OL/DL isn't great and that's why we ate in our current position 

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I literally haven't followed recruiting this year and refuse to look to see where we are at because I've been seeing people say stuff and I'm literally scared to see where we are at 😂

It’s not going to be good this year. We better kill it in the transfer portal. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We're ranked poorly right now mainly due to class size. I don't think we'll get to top 15, especially since we're seemingly coming in 2nd alot and lost the shot out at the best player on our board. 

Don't think it is a disaster, but OL/DL isn't great and that's why we ate in our current position 

Is it any of those this guy is a 3 star but he really has the potential to be a star?

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'm just wondering (to establish your view, no snark meant!)--what would you consider to be a fair chance?

two years with serious improvement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

two years with serious improvement.

By two years do you mean after this one? Or counting it?

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Is it any of those this guy is a 3 star but he really has the potential to be a star?

Isn't that every 3 star??? lol

I think there are a few 3* that look like they can develop and be good 2 years down the road. I don't think we have that 3* like Hunter who is going to be a contributor year 1.

Bobo's son is one. He seems to play angry and tough. Seems to be a real 6'4. Track star WR from Texas might be another. Just see how he can develop vs pure straight line speed. Size might be a concern 

Look, I won't deny that there are 3*s who become greats, just as there are 5*s who become flops. But at the end of the day, the teams with higher recruiting rankings are going to win most of the time.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Look, I won't deny that there are 3*s who become greats, just as there are 5*s who become flops. But at the end of the day, the teams with higher recruiting rankings are going to win most of the time.

Yeah jts basic stats. 5* kids have a much higher % success rate than the 1,000 3* kids in every class.

There is a really damn strong correlation between recruiting well and winning

Edited by W.E.D

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah jts basic stats. 5* kids have a much higher % success rate than the 1,000 3* kids in every class.

There is a really damn strong correlation between recruiting well and winning

This! Harsin needs to give the fans something to be optimistic about. After the last two weeks and sub par recruiting, even compared to other new coaches is not pleasing. Sheesh I dunno what to do

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

This! Harsin needs to give the fans something to be optimistic about. After the last two weeks and sub par recruiting, even compared to other new coaches is not pleasing. Sheesh I dunno what to do

Land Bradyn Joiner, Sylvester Smith and Tomarrion Parker ('23 kids but still) and that goes a long way. Locking down Auburn's backyard would be a huge win. Up to this point there just doesn't seem to be any high school that's considered "an Auburn stronghold," so changing that is key.

Edited by AUwent

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Land Bradyn Joiner, Sylvester Smith and Tomarrion Parker ('23 kids but still) and that goes a long way. Locking down Auburn's backyard would be a huge win. Up to this point there just doesn't seem to be any high school that's considered "an Auburn stronghold," so changing that is key.

It would be a real strong start. 

Win 2/3, be competitive against Bama, start with those 3 in December should make ppl feel OK starting the year

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It would be a real strong start. 

Win 2/3, be competitive against Bama, start with those 3 in December should make ppl feel OK starting the year

Well, Parker hasn't said when he's committing, but yeah. We got three 4* guys in our backyard (we're favored on Rivals Fancast for all three).

Edited by AUwent

So according to this whole thread, we might as well just throw the whole damn football team away, let's just be a bball school and forget football we don't need it.😁

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So according to this whole thread, we might as well just throw the whole damn football team away, let's just be a bball school and forget football we don't need it.😁

Believe we aren't allowed to he good in basketball bc somehow BB recruits knowing Auburn is a good basketball school is bad for everyone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Believe we aren't allowed to he good in basketball bc somehow BB recruits knowing Auburn is a good basketball school is bad for everyone 

Apparently 😂 

• Haha 1

This thread is really going to limit the likes/dislikes I can give out in the game thread.

Disappointed 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Currently 33rd. Granted, last year we fell all the way to 48th and ended 19th. So it's possible we reach the top 20 which would count in my book as a successful class.

Also with silent commits, I just don't see the point in telling multiple schools you're committed. Look, some of them are might be immature kids who think it's funny but most of them are likely not like that I'd think.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

We had 5 DL signees last year. Seems all 5 , or at least 4, are going to be redshirted this year.

It really sucks Auburn missed out on an opportunity with the loss last week. To win the West would have been something. This is one of the weaker teams Bama has had in a while 

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Funny. Guy name drops Dye as his great uncle. Blasts Harsin for losing to Miss State in year one in JHS.

Checks Notes

1981: MSU beats Auburn in JHS

You must not have looked that closely at the notes. 

MSU was 5-1 ranked #9 against a 3-3 unranked Auburn team. The score was 21-17.

But other than that great job comparing 6-3 ranked #17 Auburn blowing a 25 point lead against a 5-4 unranked MSU team.

• Like 2

I just don’t Auburn to become another Tennessee, Texas or Nebraska. All these programs have been in 15 year funks with regular coaching changes and poor to mediocre records every season.