Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

5 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I agree with most of your post, but uat proved that wrong. A defense can do a lot of different things, and they darn sure better do them all against Leach. He will own you if you do the same thing over and over. And we did.

Uh, yeah, UAT played man to man and blitz.  They could do that because they have 5 stars at every position on D.  Straight out athleted Moo State and that's coming from some Moo State film guys.   Auburn cannot play man and blitz like that against Leach. Score would have been even worse had we played man.  Aggies tried to play man and got torched because of it.  If we had Bama's talent on defense we could've utilized their scheme/gameplan against moo state but we don't so we can't do what Bama did.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Either way, you can’t just fire a guy after one season,

One season would be generous. Some people on here are wanting him fired for one bad half. And replace him with a guy he beat a few weeks ago. It’s laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Didba said:

Uh, yeah, UAT played man to man and blitz.  They could do that because they have 5 stars at every position on D.  Straight out athleted Moo State and that's coming from some Moo State film guys.   Auburn cannot play man and blitz like that against Leach. Score would have been even worse had we played man.  Aggies tried to play man and got torched because of it.

Correct. But you CAN do that occasionally, and you can blitz different positions at different times. We are on the same page, but the definition of insanity, etc., etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

One season would be generous. Some people on here are wanting him fired for one bad half. And replace him with a guy he beat a few weeks ago. It’s laughable. 

These people are likely Gus apologists and were waiting for Harsin's first big flub to scream at the top of their lungs irrationally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Correct. But you CAN do that occasionally, and you can blitz different positions at different times. We are on the same page, but the definition of insanity, etc., etc.

IF I had been Mason I would have started throwing in a 4 man front dropping 7 every now and again just to give a different look... but I am not Mason so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Didba

1 minute ago, Didba said:

IF I had been Mason I would have started throwing in a 4 man front dropping 7 every now and again just to give a different look... but I am not Mason so 🤷‍♂️

Yessir. The next AU defensive play I call will be my first! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

AU devil,

Jombo will finish with a #1 class this year bc of it.

Got it, just confused as to why that falls on the HC.  We should have folks way up the ladder pushing this NIL stuff for all sports and setting up amazing opportunities that the HC can take advantage of.  Unless you’re saying the HC is not taking advantage?  Seems like AU is so far behind bama and some others when we should be aiming to lead the way.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:18 PM, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my thoughts.

Not being mean but Kiffen is not leaving OM for AU period end of story. OM will match out money . Im not a big Harsin fan at the moment but I am ok with giving him another year because of what Gus left him. He does need to make some coaching changes and he needs to light the tree in recruiting and the portal. We don’t have a great QB on campus at this point and we need to get one. Defensively I think we have to can Mason. I was a fan to begin with but he hasn’t shown any improvement as the year went on. Bobo hasn’t impressed me either. A replacement is needed. If Friend cannot recruit then he needs to be replaced as well. Our OL and DL needs serious upgrades. I think LBs are good especially if OP returns. DBs need sine work but I think a coaching change there as well would be moving forward. The thing I like about CH is he seems to have the guys on his side. I think he needs to be a stronger leader going forward though. This isn’t a friendship contest for him, he needs to take control and let players know he has control . If he steps on some oversized egos so be it. That’s my two cents for what it’s worth. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

57 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not being mean but Kiffen is not leaving OM for AU period end of story. OM will match out money . Im not a big Harsin fan at the moment but I am ok with giving him another year because of what Gus left him. He does need to make some coaching changes and he needs to light the tree in recruiting and the portal. We don’t have a great QB on campus at this point and we need to get one. Defensively I think we have to can Mason. I was a fan to begin with but he hasn’t shown any improvement as the year went on. Bobo hasn’t impressed me either. A replacement is needed. If Friend cannot recruit then he needs to be replaced as well. Our OL and DL needs serious upgrades. I think LBs are good especially if OP returns. DBs need sine work but I think a coaching change there as well would be moving forward. The thing I like about CH is he seems to have the guys on his side. I think he needs to be a stronger leader going forward though. This isn’t a friendship contest for him, he needs to take control and let players know he has control . If he steps on some oversized egos so be it. That’s my two cents for what it’s worth. 

Excellent points. I do think he will have to make several coaching changes on his staff after this season.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it might surprise you but i was on the eagle forum before the forums merged. i just never posted i just popped in on occasion to see what was going on. hell i have already forget what you are addressing me about but i will say a lot of people left this site because of attacks and arguments. why do you think titan came in and stated on the board thread he had enough and was gonna start coming down on folks not following the rules. another guy other than 23 said folks ran him off. he says he was taking a break. i just wanted him to know he was welcome and to hang around. is that such a bad thing?

You attacked me. Your entire premise is a contradiction. Read my original post. There is no attack in it other than a good natured jab at another poster that uses a handle ending in 22 on TOS, and I can assure you there is no running that guy off. They banned him multiple times in the past 15 years. If the 23 here not the 22 that was subject to multiple bans there, he would find the post funny, but I also seriously doubt that 22/23 would make posts like the ones that started this thread. That's never been his MO on TOS. 

FYI, I was on the Eagle too, regular poster back then up until Bowden applied pressure to shut it down. I went from there to MM's site and have been on it since, though I have about given up on both it, due to the format, and this site due to, wait for it, being attacked for no reason whatsoever. Either leave me alone or apologize.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

28-3 halftime remember.

Your points stand, but it wasn't 28-3 at halftime.  I actually do remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

@bigbird is probably happy to know you're starting to come around to the idea Gus left us with a near disaster of a roster 

Disaster? Two former SEC freshmen of the year, one QB and one RB. An experienced O-line, the best LB tandem in the SEC and a premier kicker, just for starters. Also three 4* recruits. Gus left AU with a far better roster than most coaches leave.

If the new staff can't win as many significant games with them as Gus did, that's hardly Gus's problem.

56 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Disaster? Two former SEC freshmen of the year, one QB and one RB. An experienced O-line, the best LB tandem in the SEC and a premier kicker, just for starters. Also three 4* recruits. Gus left AU with a far better roster than most coaches leave.

If the new staff can't win as many significant games with them as Gus did, that's hardly Gus's problem.

I hear ya 100%, maybe lets get rid of this dude running a 'mickey mouse' style high school offense and hire someone with a proven record vs Bama, and at least a winning record vs SEC schools.

I hear some dude named Gus is available in Florida.......

:lol: 

8 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I have a feeling you thought Kodi Burns was a great hire.

Why in the world was this a topic that got 15 pages? lmao 🤣🤣The next closest one was the DD transfer one and it only got like 4 pages. Y'all get your feathers ruffled way too easy 😂 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, au302 said:

Good thing we didn't run off Coach Dye after year one. 

Funny. Guy name drops Dye as his great uncle. Blasts Harsin for losing to Miss State in year one in JHS.

Checks Notes

1981: MSU beats Auburn in JHS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Why in the world was this a topic that got 15 pages? lmao 🤣🤣The next closest one was the DD transfer one and it only got like 4 pages. Y'all get your feathers ruffled way too easy 😂 

Of course half the pages are nothing but stu23 spam-tweeting so I'm not surprised.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

SEC freshmen of the year,

That were never developed and especially one regressed.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

An experienced O-line,

Lmao, no. Experience doesn't mean jack when they are all below average SEC talents. Every single one.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

a premier kicker

Aaaahahaahhahahahah

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

the best LB tandem in the SEC

You can't say this with a straight face, can you?? 

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gus left a solid roster. And also one where transfers from UAB, Kansas, Vandy, and Northwestern, and SE Missouri State can come in and beat out the guys he left behind due to poor roster management and under development. I’m happy for the contributions all of those transfers have had but we should never have enough roster gaps to have that many transfers from lower tier schools as starters/major contributors at one time. 

Edited by Gowebb11

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gus left a solid roster. And also one where transfers from UAB, Kansas, Vandy, and Northwestern, and SE Missouri State can come in and beat out the guys he left behind due to poor roster management and under development. I’m happy for the contributions all of those transfers have had but we should never have enough roster gaps to have that many transfers from lower tier schools as starters/major contributors at one time. 

Most coaches who get fired don't leave a great roster behind. That's pretty much part and parcel of the situation. What Gus left at AU is better than what most new coaches inherit.

As to the question of player development, isn't that why we hired a new staff? I expected the improved development to start in spring practice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

You attacked me. Your entire premise is a contradiction. Read my original post. There is no attack in it other than a good natured jab at another poster that uses a handle ending in 22 on TOS, and I can assure you there is no running that guy off. They banned him multiple times in the past 15 years. If the 23 here not the 22 that was subject to multiple bans there, he would find the post funny, but I also seriously doubt that 22/23 would make posts like the ones that started this thread. That's never been his MO on TOS. 

FYI, I was on the Eagle too, regular poster back then up until Bowden applied pressure to shut it down. I went from there to MM's site and have been on it since, though I have about given up on both it, due to the format, and this site due to, wait for it, being attacked for no reason whatsoever. Either leave me alone or apologize.

well i had just read where he had been run off once so i went into defense mode. if i read it wrong i apologize. but if YOU were wrong would you do the same for me? just curious. also why would bowden try to get a fan site shutdown?  that is some of the craziest stuff i have ever heard. and no i am not accusing you of anything i would just love to know what happened.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao, no. Experience doesn't mean jack when they are all below average SEC talents. Every single one

Several former 4* O-line recruits and two of the top three JUCO O-tackles indicate otherwise.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Several former 4* O-line recruits and two of the top three JUCO O-tackles indicate otherwise.

Not every 4* pans out. None of the JUCO players can even start.

We have one of the worst OLs in the SEC. They are the same players as last year and aren't good. 5 years and stats don't matter right now

I hesitate to post anything in this bizarre thread, but the notion that Harsin isn’t using NIL for recruitment purposes needs to be addressed. 

I cannot speak to what other schools or coaches may be doing with NIL for recruiting purposes, but it is clearly a violation of NCAA rules to tie NIL to recruiting and likely a violation of Alabama State law to do so.  Moreover, employees of Auburn (and Harsin is an employee of Auburn) are clearly prohibited by Auburn to cause or create compensation for student-athletes under NIL.  

Auburn has released official policies for NIL and that is addressed in the link below.  I would also add that, simply put, it is an unjustified and uninformed hit-piece on Harsin to accuse him of not doing more with NIL.  His hands are tied.  

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2021/6/28/spirit-nil.aspx

• Like 4