Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Not even close. 23 is suggesting firing the current staff at seasons end. After ONE year. ONE. The is no comparison here.

Didn't really take his post as the firing of Harsin and staff. Guess I'm still thinking about the Washington job thread and if he left. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Didn't really take his post as the firing of Harsin and staff. Guess I'm still thinking about the Washington job thread and if he left. 

Yeah, I mean if Harsin left after one year, of course all bets are off.

I was just assuming that after 23’s postfest that they were thinking that Harsin sucked so bad that the staff would be fired for being so terrible in year one. 

But I could be wrong. It’s happened once or 106 times before.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, I mean if Harsin left after one year, of course all bets are off.

I was just assuming that after 23’s postfest that they were thinking that Harsin sucked so bad that the staff would be fired for being so terrible in year one. 

But I could be wrong. It’s happened once or 106 times before.

I get it. And for the record, I don't want Kiffin any closer to Auburn than Oxford MS. I just know how JABA we can be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Dred vs? Scott. 

Dred Scott v Sanford***, it's the worst SCOTUS precedent in the history of this country

Edited by Didba
I really am the dumbest smart guy I know, thanks Mikey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Yeah, and the US set some precedent in Dred v Scott as well...

Did you say you are about to finish law school? Any high school soph should know that Dred Scott was a man and the name of the case is Dred Scott v. Sanford.

You must be going to law school at bammer.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Did you say you are about to finish law school? Any high school soph should know that Dred Scott was a man and the name of the case is Dred Scott v. Sanford.

You must be going to law school at bammer.

hah. Man I really am the dumbest smart guy I know, what a mistake when kinda trying to be a smartass. Guess that's what ya get for trying to be cheeky after a couple beers.

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So to get to this point, I would assume we would have fired the current staff for at worse a .500 in their first year on the Plains

For the sake of discussion, I’ll play along.

How does firing a coach one year into his tenure a positive for Auburn?

What success has Lane Kiffin had that demands a top 5 salary?

What do you say to any recruit that is considering Auburn at this point?

Nailed it. Harsin isn't resigning, so AU would have to fire a coach after his first season, who I predict goes 8-5. Maybe 7-6. 

We would be the laughingstock of college football and deservedly so. 

And Kiffen might end up being great somewhere. Who knows. But he's far from a sure thing. No way you go all in on him. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Me? I was driving and the LK that is my Opinion not what ik is going on. Hope it is though.

You shouldn't drink and drive. 

• Haha 2

So I am a thinking man…if we have 10 million dollars just to throw around, why would we go after Lane Kiffin? Asking for a friend. 

Also, I love how others like to spend others people money haha .

15 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my 

Why would you want that here? After what he has done at Ole Miss and his bone head analytics mumbo jumbo. Not only that but he is just an avg coach at best.(75-41 record .647 winning %) Very good OC but no thanks.

Edited by tbone4jc

7 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s not satire. It’s supposed to be some sort of hot opinion(take)?

I would genuinely love for anyone that would even consider this option to tell me how recruits would be sold on Auburn if this happened? He has literally either been fired or walked away from ever job he has had.

Z-E-R-O stability. 

But hey, he has cute pressers and a nice Twitter account.

I guess.

Ppl cry about being coming UT.

Harsin leaving for UW or firing an 8-4 coach after year one is a quick way to get there

Edited by W.E.D

@austudnt23is obviously Ronnie Brown. Started posting in the early 00's, had good connections for years after, and has slowly been trickling over info for years since. 

I mean, I can't believe nobody figured it out before now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

@austudnt23is obviously Ronnie Brown. Started posting in the early 00's, had good connections for years after, and has slowly been trickling over info for years since. 

I mean, I can't believe nobody figured it out before now.

And here I was thinking it was @augolf1716,class of '23.

• Like 1

I think how this season has went it actually shows Harsin has been a success. There has been times where we have played well enough to trick people into thinking that we had a team talented enough to compete on a high level.

People knew the talent level on this team, but like I've already said, unreal expectations is killer. Because Harsin couldn't live up to ridiculous expectations people are upset.......when there isn't anybody that could live up to these expectations. But we damn sure will fantasize and pretend there's some guru that can produce extreme pressure without a d line and can make an awesome offense with an average o line. 

I do understand losing to miss st makes anything hard to compute. I mean it's Mississippi for goodness sake

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

no 18

Damn man, weed really is a miracle drug 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think how this season has went it actually shows Harsin has been a success. There has been times where we have played well enough to trick people into thinking that we had a team talented enough to compete on a high level.

People knew the talent level on this team, but like I've already said, unreal expectations is killer. Because Harsin couldn't live up to ridiculous expectations people are upset.......when there isn't anybody that could live up to these expectations. But we damn sure will fantasize and pretend there's some guru that can produce extreme pressure without a d line and can make an awesome offense with an average o line. 

I do understand losing to miss st makes anything hard to compute. I mean it's Mississippi for goodness sake

How often does any coach come out of the gates and hit on all cylinders and dominate everyone?? That's rare.

We've had good highs and some bad lows. National talking heads were claiming Harsin should be COY 2 weeks ago. Culture change, limited talent, completely new and more complex scheme....I'm happy with the overall trajectory even tho the last 2 weeks have been disappointing. 

Year 2 should show more. If we have a very up and down year in 23 then I think kts time to start questioning things.

Also, we have a top 10 win and a win over #20 Arkansas. Losses to #1, #16 and #26.

Hate losing to state. But that loss ain't like Texas losing to 1-8 Kansas at home

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Year 2 should show more.

Just look at the roster. Barring some insane luck in the transfer portal year 2 is going to be a very, very long one for we Auburn fans. I expect the win/loss record to be worse next year than it is this year. If things are going to get to where we want them to be, the '23 season should show progress.

In any case, unless there's some unforeseen meltdown Harsin should be given 4 to 5 years to get his program going in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How often does any coach come out of the gates and hit on all cylinders and dominate everyone?? That's rare.

We've had good highs and some bad lows. National talking heads were claiming Harsin should be COY 2 weeks ago. Culture change, limited talent, completely new and more complex scheme....I'm happy with the overall trajectory even tho the last 2 weeks have been disappointing. 

Year 2 should show more. If we have a very up and down year in 23 then I think kts time to start questioning things.

Also, we have a top 10 win and a win over #20 Arkansas. Losses to #1, #16 and #26.

Hate losing to state. But that loss ain't like Texas losing to 1-8 Kansas at home

I know right? We clearly have done enough to see what can be possible when we build on this. I keep saying the first year transitioning to a 3-4 defense.....I would bet all the money I have we'll be better on defense next year. We literally are playing with guys recruited for an entire different system. 

When we get bigger and stronger we'll be better. Guys don't even know what they are doing yet

• Like 1

ODD to see this almost identical thread posted elsewhere.  austudent23???   Tiger677???

Capture.PNGCapture #3.PNG

image.png

image.png

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

20 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Tank being under-used. On the surface if you just look at stats vs expectations, I would agree it appears that way. The problem is that our OL has struggled to get push once Defenses adjust.

Remember when we had a coach that would run our rb up the Center's rump 17 times in a row even though it wasn't working? I am thankful that we have a coach that is not doing that. At least they are trying something different, but definitely need to find something that works and can't have games like Tex AM and Miss ST where we go into complete Offensive drouts.

There is no way of knowing what we would have had if came here this year, but I am glad we didn't get him nor do I want him.

Everybody needs to chill. I wonder if Bama fans were as big of babies as AU fans when they lost at home to ULM? I mean teams are going to lose games. The very best of coaches are going to have some mind boggling performances at times and before everyone starts with the "for 5mil per year they shouldn't be afforded that yada yada" I agree. That's a lot of money to have blunders, but every single coach out there has them.

Let's calm down a bit and see what we finish this recruiting class with and if any staff changes are made before next season.

I'm also on board with giving Harsin his time, but I have to point one thing out.  We may not be running the same plays, but we are getting the same results.  In fact, there is a valid argument to be made that results are falling short of previous years.  Had our offense committed to running the ball in the second half against Mrs State, those inside zone runs, while not sexy, would have eaten enough clock to make that a different ball game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

hah. Man I really am the dumbest smart guy I know, what a mistake when kinda trying to be a smartass. Guess that's what ya get for trying to be cheeky after a couple beers.

i have seen just about everyone step on their doo lolly on this site a time or two. you are certainly not alone!