auburns pass rush last game..alarming

aubiefifty

5 hours ago, woodford said:

So Mon Adams, Derrick Brown, Carl Lawson, etc did absolutely nothing when they broke pass the line to get into the pocket? Ok lol

Exactly. We have not had a good pass rush since Holland a few years ago. Our DT’s have been stellar but they are there to create spaces for the ends and stop the run, occasionally getting into the backfield. I do not like the 3/4 with AU. I’m no coach at all, but we have done little to nothing in getting pressure on SEC teams this year. All I know about Mason is that he was at Vandy for a number of years, but that obviously carries no weight. Harsin, as the HC will have to reassess some of the coaches he has hired. Not saying Mason is not worthy, but he came from a losing program, from the SEC east which has been weak for almost 20 years. If he can recruit, does his scheme really work in the toughest division in College Football? As of 10 games in against the best competition, I don’t think it translates. Pile on now, but this D is soft on the front and has no big guys, which are needed to move an OL. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I dont attend practices and i dont know who they have on the depth chart  but i do know ive seen other DC's get creative  even one Ted Roof sending a Tsharvin Bell to lay a big hit on Greg Mcelroy in a big game.   After 20+ unanswered points we needed to do something.   

I dont work for ESPN  but logically  you cant deny that 4 Linemen vs 5 OL   stand a better chance at pressuring the QB than 3 Linemen vs 5 OL.  (i dont even understand how thats in question but maybe i misunderstood the statment?) 

Ted roof with Nick fairly and Carter? The second half he wasn't hurting, the d line were monsters. But yes he sent a blitz and it worked. They weren't close to a pass raid offense they were ground and pound