Nix talks season-ending injury

aubiefifty

Bo Nix talks season-ending injury, offers thoughts on TJ Finley taking over at QB

Chris Wallace | 20 hours ago
2 minutes

A broken ankle and subsequent surgery will sideline Bo Nix for the rest of Auburn’s season.

It had been an up-and-down year for the junior quarterback, but most objective observers would agree that the positives outweighed the negatives.

Nix finishes the 2021 season having completed 197-of-323 passes for 2,294 yards, 11 touchdowns, and 3 interceptions. He also added 168 yards and 4 TDs on the ground.

The 6-3, 214-pounder will now be forced to watch Auburn’s remaining games this season. On Wednesday while meeting with reporters he said it won’t be easy.

“I can’t stand missing games,” Nix said. “I can’t stand not being out there.”

Bo Nix on emotions after learning extent of injury: “I’d kind of known in the back of my mind the news was going to come….When they told me, it was obviously very heartbreaking b/c of the kind of season it’s been…I can’t stand missing games. I can’t stand not being out there”

— Tom Green (@Tomas_Verde) November 17, 2021

Nix was also asked if he would be involved in helping TJ Finley adjust to the starting QB role, but Nix said he’s going to leave that task to the coaching staff and that he is confident Finley will do just fine.

Auburn plays at South Carolina on Saturday night at 7 p.m. EST on ESPN.