lets discuss cooridinators

aubiefifty

Could a mod correct the spelling of "coordinators" on the thread title?  My OCD is kicking in.

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

Could a mod correct the spelling of "coordinators" on the thread title?  My OCD is kicking in.

If that’s all that’s bothering your OCD it is only aggravated by spelling. If football was an antagonist, you would still be in a meltdown and would not have noticed.

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Keep trying Didba, you will get it right eventually.

edit: wooshed

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

It doesn't work against a QB who doesn't care your blitzing bc he identifies the blitz and then has the ball out of his hands before the blitz can get near him. Go back and watch the film. We did blitz some.

Bama throttled them with the blitz. Will Anderson had 4 sacks alone and disrupted their timing all night with hurries. The problem is we don't have anyone with that kid of speed off the edge. Sadly we haven’t in several years and until we do it is going to limit us vs spread/air raid teams. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

Some interesting insight from a couple of our veteran players. Cliffs notes below:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/auburn-defense-missisippi-state-175578270/

“We knew it was going to come — it's just that some players just weren't focused and some people just weren't doing their job,” McCreary said. “So I feel like it was a lack of focus, and we got ahead of ourselves. The first half we did good and we thought it was going to be easy.”

“Everything we did worked in the first half; we just didn’t execute in the second half,” said senior linebacker Chandler Wooten. “It’s totally up to us as players to hold each other accountable. I think we had a great plan. Like I said, it worked in the first half, so there was no reason it couldn’t work in the second half. It just came down to execution, people doing their jobs and doing it with physicality.”

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Bama throttled them with the blitz. Will Anderson had 4 sacks alone and disrupted their timing all night with hurries. The problem is we don't have anyone with that kid of speed off the edge. Sadly we haven’t in several years and until we do it is going to limit us vs spread/air raid teams. 

Yeah I agree with this 100%, if you read my post earlier in thread breaking down every one of Moo State's losses, I point out that bama was the only team that held Moo State to less then 400 yards this year and they did it by playing man to man, and sending pressure.  They were able to do this successfully because they have 5 stars at every position in the secondary and dline.  This allowed bama to smother the Moo State receivers and send pressure with blitzes. 

Auburn doesn't have the talent in the secondary or dline to utilize Bama's scheme against Moo State, like you referenced.  The only two teams that can pull this scheme off are UGA and Bama and that is shown by Moo State putting 400+ on every team they have played besides Bamr.

Great analysis btw. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

You must be confused, I already got it right per my several different reasonable breakdowns of defensive scheme vs air raid offenses throughout this thread, it is others in this thread that have been unable to have a reasonable discussion.  All I have done is provided stats and reasonable analysis based upon the stats, my understanding of defensive scheme, and watching every play of the game on Saturday over again last night.

Instead of making snarky comments, maybe you should respond to my analysis on defensive scheme vs air raid offenses with your analysis of what we would have done different schematically to stop Rogers.  Though I have a feeling defensive schemes may be a bit beyond you but if they aren't I'd love to hear your thoughts.  It would go a long way towards repairing your credibility next go round since making the snarky comment without any substantive analysis supporting it did nothing but hurt it. 

edit: also if your comment was made with /sarcasm and yellow font intended, then my bad for getting completely wooshed.

Yea, it was meant as a joke. I have read all your comments and appreciate the depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Yea, it was meant as a joke. I have read all your comments and appreciate the depth.

oof.  my bad.

Edited by Didba